Anyone baffled by what is going on in Bridgend...?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All I can say is I so wish I could keep my babies at the age they are now,
Ok they are not babies, the teenage years are fast approaching them,
And its bloody scary !

My kids school is offering after school booster classes to prepare for the sats,
and her teacher asked me yesterday if my eldest (11) would be walking home by herself.or would I be collecting her ..
I was like :eek: excuse me....come again !!! I will be collecting her she's my baby !

Then my eldest said her and her other friend who is not allowed far or anything on her own were saying the other day how they will be 25 and us mums still wont let them cross the road on their own,
apparently all the other kids their age are hanging around the cinema etc..
which is about 6 bus stops away,

This is giving them the oppertunity to get in with the "older" kids who also hang there....Not in a million years will my babies be open to that..
For as long as I can possibly get away with it !

Not saying all 11 year olds should be made to stay on the path outside their houses lol,
But where I live No way ...Mine stays in sight at all times !

(have I wandered off topic a bit ?)

All I can say is I so wish I could keep my babies at the age they are now,
Ok they are not babies, the teenage years are fast approaching them,
And its bloody scary !

My kids school is offering after school booster classes to prepare for the sats,
and her teacher asked me yesterday if my eldest (11) would be walking home by herself.or would I be collecting her ..
I was like :eek: excuse me....come again !!! I will be collecting her she's my baby !

Then my eldest said her and her other friend who is not allowed far or anything on her own were saying the other day how they will be 25 and us mums still wont let them cross the road on their own,
apparently all the other kids their age are hanging around the cinema etc..
which is about 6 bus stops away,

This is giving them the oppertunity to get in with the "older" kids who also hang there....Not in a million years will my babies be open to that..
For as long as I can possibly get away with it !

Not saying all 11 year olds should be made to stay on the path outside their houses lol,
But where I live No way ...Mine stays in sight at all times !

(have I wandered off topic a bit ?)

Not off topic so much as being a parent who wants to keep their children safe...

Mine do have a certain amount of freedom they would not get in the UK...actually thinking about it...they have a lot more freedom.

But the eldest 3 go on-line all the time...I haven't the faintest idea what they look at...but I do try and take sneaky peeks....like walking by reallllly slowly...

But is the internet culture to blame?

Also...if their isn't a link...why would all these young people be so depressed that they had to take their own lives all in the same way?

I do tend to get myself in a tiswas over these things.... I just feel so sorry for the families.

I don't think all the media attention is helping....it only seems to be making it worse.

But the eldest 3 go on-line all the time...I haven't the faintest idea what they look at...but I do try and take sneaky peeks....like walking by reallllly slowly...

But is the internet culture to blame? .
Very good point ,
I check up on my kids online activities all the time,
But they are still too young to understand about deleting history and cookies etc, yet ..

Once they get older I am sure they will get cleverer at hiding things they know they shouldnt be doing ...
and kids..young adults generally know more about pc's than the parents these days dont they ,
God Its scary

I don't think all the media attention is helping....it only seems to be making it worse.

I agree Angie and with these online memorials it seems they are getting what they aim for,so sad they feel by taking their own life they will be loved or become infamous :cry:

Being fairly 'local' to Bridgend, this is horrific.
I know a few peeps from Bridgend and there are of course rumours going round about why this is happening, one of them is the suicide pact, there are various others, but for the police to say there is no connection, of course there is a connection 17 kids dont just commit suicide in the same area for nothing!

The media attention is terrible down here and all the local papers have it as front page news!

Bridgend is where I do my CND training and there are some graffitti memorials sprayed around the town!

Being fairly 'local' to Bridgend, this is horrific.
I know a few peeps from Bridgend and there are of course rumours going round about why this is happening, one of them is the suicide pact, there are various others, but for the police to say there is no connection, of course there is a connection 17 kids dont just commit suicide in the same area for nothing!

The media attention is terrible down here and all the local papers have it as front page news!

Bridgend is where I do my CND training and there are some graffitti memorials sprayed around the town!

I have just been to a memorial site to say hello to a special little boy....

There on the first page was a memorial site to the latest 'victim' from Bridgend ....

but these sites aren't made by family...they are made by their friends...and there are some very derogatory comments left from lowlife scum....it is horrifying.... imagine if any of their real family were to see these comments?
To start memorial graffiti...well it is just so wrong.

I agree about the media making things worse...heck I guess this thread can contribute to that...

it just proves we dont know everything about our children, im finding it really distressing (especially with my own children on the net all the time), such beautiful young lives. What do police need to connect them all? Surely 17 young deaths in Bridgend alone is enough for alarm bells to ring?
all persons were happy bubbly types. There are certainly alot of questions that need to be answered. I feel so sorry for them parents and families being left with a big Why?

These suicides are very sad indeed and it wouldn't suprise me if it does come out eventually that the internet site in question is connected.

My two daughters both have their own computers and both have Bebo,MSN adn Facebook accounts.

In light of all these sad events I have made their internet accounts into non admin accounts,therfore they are unable to download or change passwords or anything like that without my password.

I managed to trick them into telling my brother(who does all my computer admin stuff) the passwords to these accounts,by letting them think he had to know them in order to update stuff on their computers.
This allowes me to keep a very watchful eye on any movements and convos done by them.

Sneaky??? mayby??? but I'd rather be a sneeky mum and have my girls safe than have them be a statisitic.
xx:hug:xx

You are not alone in the matter, I am confused, and wondering what is going on?

:cry::confused:

Do these kids know each other?
:confused::confused:
Is there something that is making the kids do it, if so why!!!! or what!!!!
:(
Is the town cursed?
:confused::confused:
Has this been planned, as some form of cult group?

No body knows, we will only wonder, why so young, and why the need to end so soon!!! :confused::confused::confused::confused:

Just reading the independent article that someone put on as a link, all the victims died of hanging, something def. strange going on.

I dont think that the way the media is reporting it is at all helpful as they are not reporting on the after effects of suicide on the comunity and family; they are only concentrating on how many have died and busy blaming chat rooms, etc.

I think it is Norway that has banned media reporting on teenage suicide as an attempt to reduce the numbers.

Trish :hug:

I think this is a brilliant idea. I just hope no more young people think to follow this "trend" in Bridgend or any where else. Absolutely tragic.

Since when has the media ever been helpfull?

To me there has got to be some brainwashing going on here and it is horrid. Poor kids and their familys torn apart for what?

If it was a pact between the kids themselves then one of them would of cracked before now, i don't believe any of these internet sites are to blame either but i do believe that there is someone out there that knows the answers to everybodys questions.
Kids who want attention don't kill themselves.

17. It's so unreal.

There was an article in Closer magazine a couple of weeks back of a girl from there that had attempted to hang herself but her dad had found her in time.
She had been close to one of them or it was her cousin I cant quite remember, but anyway she said she just felt so sad and couldnt cope but now knew it was wrong.

They had managed to connect all the teens in one way or another in a timeline, he knew him and her and so on.
It's just so sad and very strange.

Lelli - I am gob smacked! :eek:

Yep me too but its things like this that makes these kids feel special :irked:

They were talking about this on Richard & Judy today

It is very strange indeed, some many youths in one area

It has got to be some sort of suicide pact or something

I can't believe there is no connection to the deaths.

I can't believe there is no connection to the deaths.

Nope I do think that its some sort of a pact just hope they can stop glorifing it before more become victims :cry:

Latest posts

Back