Anyone got a Nintendo Wii ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cazbar

Reaction score
Managed to get one yesterday for xmas yippee :green:

What games would you recommend for 2 adults and a 5 year old ?

Am trying to get Wii Play for the extra remote but that seems in short supply too.

My hubby will love playing the sports games and I was thinking of getting the sports pack with the golf club and tennis racket etc. Has anybody got this and would you recommend it ?

Wario ware smooth moves is really fun for any age. My kids like cooking mama. We love our wii, Have fun!!

Wait till you do your fitness age on wii sports ..... mine was 70 :eek:

I have been thinking about the carnival game one, cant remember what its called. I prefer to buy the ones that have lots of mini games on it as there is a choice. Like mario party 8, smooth moves, there are a few out there.

I bought the singing one (think its called boogie) you get a free mike and its been used ONCE :irked:. Thats why i prefer the multi game ones.

Saying that my partner wants the trauma one, you have to operate on people, but im not sure, it might give him ideas .....:Scared:

I got the wii play for the same reasons, the free remote. its ok, but worth it for the remote.

HTH'S xx

I bought my other half one of these last Xmas. I swear he has only used it twice!! Why must boys have their toys - then never play with them!!

I got him Zelda with it - as far as I know his 9 year old nephew said that was a good game!

we have wii sports, wario smooth moves and the party one, all good for fsmily fun or playing alone, but another good one, is rayman raving rabbits, loads of small games in one, kids love it but so do we,

word of warning, dont get red steel, godfather or hitman etc, man are they graphic pmsl

i want that brain game one that looks fun

xxxxx

Carnival is fabulous our 5 year old loves it,has does his daddy and all THEIR friends :lol:

Where on earth did you manage to get that from. have been trying for weeks to get one, so if you ahve one you dont want please feel free to make an old bird happy lol x

I got it purely by chance ! Just walked past HMV and saw their sign in the window saying they had stock. They got them in at 9.30 and I walked out at 10.05 with the last one :eek:

Just a case of being in the right place at the right time ! From what I have worked out you need to check the shops first thing in the morning.

Right I had a nightmare until last week getting a Wii. Go on line to a computer company called Computer hardware and software at amazing prices, available online from Scan Computers UK they had plenty of them and not many people know about the company as they are for the pc die hards (my hubbie) and generally mum`s like us wouldn't think of looking there. I have also bought Wii sports & Wii play (with free remote - not from scan) They are based in Bolton but you can get delivery .I have just checked and they appear to be in stock. The telephone number is 0870 7554747. Hope you get lucky.

we have the cooking one that is real good and good for 5 year old,s....xx

I needed to get one for my son's birthday in December and like everyone, was panicking like mad.
I registered online for an alert to be sent to me when places had them in stock, (think it was www.ninetendowii.co.uk but not positive.

Anyway, dutifully filled details in and registered (for free) not expecting anything. Well, (it has a happy ending!!!) within 24 hours I got an alert that Dixons had them in, and purchased it over the phone. So, it worked for me!!!
it came with sports and cooking mama, was thinking of getting rayman or mario, also simpsons for his christmas box.

Right I had a nightmare until last week getting a Wii. Go on line to a computer company called Computer hardware and software at amazing prices, available online from Scan Computers UK they had plenty of them and not many people know about the company as they are for the pc die hards (my hubbie) and generally mum`s like us wouldn't think of looking there. I have also bought Wii sports & Wii play (with free remote - not from scan) They are based in Bolton but you can get delivery .I have just checked and they appear to be in stock. The telephone number is 0870 7554747. Hope you get lucky.

We've been everywhere and couldn't get one, but have just pre ordered with them delivery expectted 21st Nov Phew:)

xxxxxxx

Congratulations ! .I am so glad you got one. I somehow feel that as always a wk before Christmas the stores will be full of them. Just Nintendo hyping it up!

Thanks girls much appreciate the help x

I went on line with the Studio catalogue. They said they were getting a delivery end of Nov and I would have it beginig of Dec. Hope so as I have given up looking for one for my daughter.

Zelda, its a kids game, lots of stuff to make you think and us adult kids love it:lol: I saw a Tome raider anniversary game on a bill board. That looks like fun to me

I found the wii play really good, but the controler additions were only hard to get on and off. They served no real purpose as far as playing the game went, soI woulfdn't recommend them.

When i was in Woolworths today, they had some copies of wii play left, and although that may only have been in my little branch, there are still some around.

As for game recommendations, I bought Harry Potter and was thoroughly disappointed. Quite fancy trying my Sims though.

So guys, I see a few of you have got the nintendo wii now. My question is would you recommend buying one now?
Has anyone got their hands on the wii fit yet?? that's what I'm interested in purchasing with my wii!!
xxxxx

My boyfriend bought "the kids" (yeah yeah whateverrrrr lol)
a wii on friday....omg the pain !
I have pulled every muscle in my right arm....and my 8 year olds neck is killing her lol...(pulled muscles again me thinks )

I thought it was ment to be fun lol not a painstaking workout :eek:...
I couldnt even pick my cup up last night lol..
Oh and my fitness age is 80 something!!!

It has now been boxed back up and put away as my 2 girls were beating each other up over it...youngest smacked eldest for not giving her a go...so eldest smacked youngest with the remote controlly thingy...bllah blah...

So it has gone away untill he buys another microphone and controller :lol:
That'll tech um'

The high school musical game is FAB...
I hope he will be buying more games though because if not ..they won't be getting any...
I was like "how much :eek: per game "

After getting ours stolen by the Christmas delivery guys, I decided to hold off on my Wii purchase, but caved in last weekend. They are a hoot. Gimmicky as hell, but still a hoot. We have several games, but tbh, we mostly play Wii Sports which comes with it. Dexter has a Rayman rabbit game which is kind of funny as hell to watch him play (for about 5 minutes anyway).

Be prepared for sore arms though :)

Latest posts

Back