As a customer, do you prefer mobile or salon?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dylan

Reaction score
Just wondered, thought it would be interesting to see if you prefer, as a customer, to have a mobile hairdresser come to your house, or if you actually prefer going to the salon.

I for one prefer the salon, but maybe that's just because I like the atmosphere there :)

What do you think? :)
x x x

Salon ... always.

It depends on what treatment I want to have...

I use a mobile hairdresser, she does the whole family. Having 3 children and a husband who is away for 40% of the year this is far more convenient for me. She is very good and was recomended to me, I have never been happy with my youngest son's hair until she cut it!
I used to use a high end city centre salon when I lived in Leeds and tbh I am just as happy with the cut I get now.
For beauty treatments I used to go to a home salon, again recommended to me, I am no 'dolly bird' and this felt less daunting for me. The therapist has since opened a salon and I now go there.
Xxx
Posted via Mobile Device

I used to go to my hairdresser in a salon, then she went mobile so she comes here, very happy, shes going on maternity leave soon so will have to find someone else for a while :( I doubt I will find anyone as good or at that price (£7 for dry cut) it's just a simple bob, others I have been to have always cut it wonky!

Last edited:
I used to go to a city centre salon for years. I always enjoyed it but felt they were getting complacent and when I started gettig colour it was working out way too expensive. I got a mobile stylist for 2 appointments but didn't really enjoy it. I'm now at a locol salon that was recommend to me and very happy.

i used to use a saon but i got a mobile one while pregnant and i now prefer it im just so tired after being in my salon and dont have to wait around etc..

Mobile, I don't like going into a salon and waiting about, if a mobile stylist comes to me it saves the hassle :)

im a hairdresser , and i still prefer the salon , but i can understand why some people prefer to have it done at home , but of course salons and stylists are so differant so its really personal choice.

I prefer an independent mobile person for beauty as they give a more personal un-rushed service. Salon for hair just because of the mess, unless it's just a cut then mobile. Some people prefer mobile and others salon, there is a market for both!

Last edited:
i love the whole salon experience but have found it more comfortable having highlights done at home because of the length of time your just left on your own in a salon for this while it develops.
also, for having my hair curled/put up for special occassions its handy to know a mobile hairdresser.

I have found though that if im happy with a stylist i dont mind where she/he does my hair. (shame mine has moved away so now im back to hopping round salons!)

Last edited:
Beauty at a salon,
but Hair cut at home
salon for color x

For hair I'm not fussed either way, so long as it gets done I don't care!

As for beauty, I prefer a salon as I like to get out of the house, escaping is part of the experience, else I would have to spend ages getting the place tidy before they came & then I'd spend the whole time being interrupted by the door & phone!

For me it would be a salon, I used to have a mobile hairdresser back in the 80's when I had the good ole perm and it was an absolute pain putting my head over the side of the bath whilst the hairdresser rinsed the lotion off of my hair.Then when it was cut and she had gone I had to hoover up,hardly a relaxing experience:irked:

As for beauty,I have always gone to spas or salons,so cant really say which I prefer on that one.I think as mentioned there is a market for both.Some clients with children prefer a mobile visit as do the elderly and disabled,and some like the hassle free luxury of not having to go outside and worry about travelling,parking and hanging around in the salon waiting for the therapist/hairdresser:green:

Before I had my baby I would of said salon on both counts but now I don't mind either depending on the treatment.

If I knew that I would be getting an experienced, fully qualified therapist with salon experience then id be more inclined to have treatments at home, I get put off by the fact that most of the mobile therapists in my area have just done a couple of one day courses and immediately launched a business and only have a handful of clients. I don't believe they are confident or experienced enough.

I don't mind either, pretty much do all my own beauty stuff, but If I was paying someone I'd be happy home or salon as long as it was a good service. Have been with my hairdresser for over 10yrs and have followed her to salons and had home appointments she is fab. I think for me its all about the job being done well ont where xx

Personally, I prefer going to a salon. I like the change of scenery from my home. :)

Salon service all the way, I prefer the comfort of a professional basin, also as a salon professional myself, I like to experience things as a true client every now and then.

Definately mobile, athough it does mean I spend an hour tidying beforehand at least I don't have to worry about childcare and my hairdresser comes in the evening which is a big help as i'm too busy in the daytime.

Latest posts

Back