Aussie Geek wins award in Scratch Mag

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailzoo

Reaction score
Our very own sam1 entered a comp in the new Aussie Scratch magazine and won.

It was the "So you think you can do nails comp", she entered 2 categories,"Fantasy and also French twist".

She won 1st place for Fantasy and a very deserving 2nd place "French Twist".

Hopefully (and I'd imagine), they will be published in the new August edition.

Well done sam1, you are a great Aussie Trooper

This should not be buried in the blogs, it should be shouted from the rooftops, as should any NailGeek/SalonGeek high achiever, they deserve the accolade and a damn good pat on the back for keeping our profile where it should be.

Last edited:
http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/74638-i-won.html

Congratulations Sam, your nails are lovely hun...you should do a tutorial for us all....:hug:

And aswell as the nails...I love the way the water droplets are captured on that first pic...how the bloomin ek' did you do that !!!
Did you take the pics yourself Sam ?

:o Thanks Carl:hug: much appreciated.

Emms, thanks, I did take the shots, my lovely hubby bought me an awesome camera and it has a great setting that takes two shots within seconds so we just run water over them and I started clicking, got some great shots this one was my favorite.

http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/74638-i-won.html

Congratulations Sam, your nails are lovely hun...you should do a tutorial for us all....:hug:

And aswell as the nails...I love the way the water droplets are captured on that first pic...how the bloomin ek' did you do that !!!
Did you take the pics yourself Sam ?

woops , guess I missed that thread ... why should the success of a geek be buried in a blogs (i rarely read them) or should all comp results and pics (including the UK) be put in the blogs from now on? Usually they are put on site for all to congratulate.

I actually found the results on an Aussie forum Nailtips.com.au Nail Technician Forum :: Index and I thought it worthy of mention in here. I'd hate to see the success of geeks relegated to blogs, they should be congratulated publicly as they are keeping our industry profile where it needs to be.

:o Thanks Carl:hug: much appreciated.

Emms, thanks, I did take the shots, my lovely hubby bought me an awesome camera and it has a great setting that takes two shots within seconds so we just run water over them and I started clicking, got some great shots this one was my favorite.

Well, you should be even more proud then hun, for taking that shot yourself...its lovely...
And as we know its not all just about the nails...the whole image needs to capture...and your's did just that :hug:

Huge Congratulations hun.
Is great to see a fellow geek winning something, lovely work and keep it up! :hug:

woops , guess I missed that thread ... why should the success of a geek be buried in a blogs (i rarely read them) or should all comp results and pics (including the UK) be put in the blogs from now on? Usually they are put on site for all to congratulate.

I actually found the results on an Aussie forum Nailtips.com.au Nail Technician Forum :: Index and I thought it worthy of mention in here. I'd hate to see the success of geeks relegated to blogs, they should be congratulated publicly as they are keeping our industry profile where it needs to be.

I have to say Carl I agree with ya hun,
When we have lots of critques put up for "well dones" and "they are lovelys"
Yet this would get totally missed....It's a big thing.
I know I would want everyone to know if it were me .

And thankyou for the link...Looks good..~~Emms runs off for a nosey ~~:green:

. I'd hate to see the success of geeks relegated to blogs, they should be congratulated publicly as they are keeping our industry profile where it needs to be.

I couldn't agree more Nailzoo!!

Congratulations Sam.......beautiful work!!
You were a worthy winner :hug:

Fab nails, many congratulations!

thats great news sam and a very well done !!
I agree news like this should be shouted on the 'main page' we all get a look then !!
( but as sandi will tell you all I'm a fine one to talk !!)

Please everyone can we just stick to the fab news of this thread and not start another debate over what should and should not be in blogs...please.

Well done Sam..Your nails are amazing and you are a very worthy winner....what/where did you get your inspiration from..and how long did they take you to do....?

Congratulations!!!
0f262739b1cf.gif

Congratulations xxxx

:)Well Done Sam1 great result. You must be over the moon I know I was when I came second in my first competition. Well Done. xx:hug:

Congratulations Sam, fantastic pics and nails :hug:

I wish I could do nails.......especially ones like those. Well done for winning with such fabulous work. xxx

congratulations sam well done xxxx

Hooray for you Sam ... Enjoy the limelight. A Well deserved winner!! :hug:

Well done Sam you must be so proud.:)

Congrats
Your nail are brilliant, and if you ever need a second job - the photography is A1 also
Keep it up - please post some more nail pics if you have them.
Dont forget a tutorial!
BRILLIANT!!!

Latest posts

Back