BBC- the great abortion divide

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had 6 pregnancies...

Ectopic pregnancy 2003. I didn't abort on medical advice. I miscarried 8 weeks in. My first pregnancy. I would not do anything different now.

So my understanding your ectopic was your 1st pregnancy, if it had been your last and already had four kids would you have decided the same knowing the risks to yourself,

Completely different situation to mine
But my opinions weren't to far away from yours until I was put into a position.

Thats because in China men are seen as better than woman ,so thats to do with there culture as it would always have been preferable to have a boy there,it is a fact the world is over populated ,think about your childrens childrens children and what they are going to be left to deal with .

Sent from my LT18i using SalonGeek

Oh bad bad Claire CHOOSING, after all this is about CHOICE to keep two unplanned pregnancies.
You can't sit there and say "it's a woman's right to chose" abortion and then in the next breath day that people like myself who chose to keep their baby is basically killing the planet. It's a contradiction

When I was 18 I had a termination I dnt regret it in the slightest it was the right thing to do at the time. I went on later to have 3 beautiful children with my husband.
Everyone is entitled to a mistake they should not judge wether there against abortion or not

I think it's up to the individual as they will have to live with it. However I think that they should have to undergo counseling first as I think it's a big decision.

Also I think not allowing abortions ends in SOME people getting pregnant at 15 and sitting on benefits for the rest of there life, also maybe higher rates of child abuse? children stuck in care?

just because you get pregnant at 15 does not mean that some sit on benefits for rest of there lifes
yes mabe a few will but no more than adults having babys
so i find that comment unfair to state 15 year olds, age is irrelvant

In Northern Ireland abortion is illegal unless having the baby will affect the mother's mental of physical well being x

Sent from my GT-S5360 using SalonGeek

Oh bad bad Claire CHOOSING, after all this is about CHOICE to keep two unplanned pregnancies.
You can't sit there and say "it's a woman's right to chose" abortion and then in the next breath day that people like myself who chose to keep their baby is basically killing the planet. It's a contradiction

It's also a contradiction for you to say a woman should be allowed as many abortions as she likes and then say your pro dictating how many children a woman can have.

So my understanding your ectopic was your 1st pregnancy, if it had been your last and already had four kids would you have decided the same knowing the risks to yourself,

Completely different situation to mine
But my opinions weren't to far away from yours until I was put into a position.

Yes my decision would be the same. I'm not going to explain why as its personal to myself as was my first pregnancy. But I can say that I'd make the decision to carry on regardless of my children. If I didn't I couldn't look them in the eye ever again.

It's also a contradiction for you to say a woman should be allowed as many abortions as she likes and then say your pro dictating how many children a woman can have.

You are putting words into my mouth ,i didnt say you should not have the babys you have and im not dictating to anyone ,i don't have a problem with your opinion or anyone elses ,the hole point in a debate it to recognise others opinions and agree to disagree !!!

You are putting words into my mouth ,i didnt say you should not have the babys you have and im not dictating to anyone ,i don't have a problem with your opinion or anyone elses ,the hole point in a debate it to recognise others opinions and agree to disagree !!!

I was simply disagreeing with your statement that more people should chose abortion as the world is overpopulated and that we are "killing our planet"? Is that not tge point if a debate? You say something, someone doesn't agree and feels strongly on the subject so uses references from their own life to back up their beliefs

For me personally I would not have an abortion no matter what regardless of anything that has been stated already.

My views come from having my boy at 22-23 weeks and him passing away and having my daughter at 25 weeks and her living.My boy was fully formed and breathing when he was born but the hospital refused to keep him alive because the hospital couldn't help children under 30 weeks I watched my son die in my arms at the age of 18.I had my daughter in another hospital that took babies from 22 weeks she survived and is here with me today.There was twins born at 22 weeks at the hospital who both left just after my daughter was born both fine and health.The legal cut off point for abortion needs to be cut down to litterally the bare minimum.I had lots of tests with my daughter before she was born because they thought she was sevearly disabled and downs which came back inconclusive I carried on with my pregnancys because regardless of what could be wrong I chose to fall pregnant and I would love and care for my child regardless of the problem.

My view is if you don't want children take a conteceptive don't take the risk to then have to make a decision of aborting.I understand you can still fall pregnant but it's a very very small percent and a lot of cases where people say
they fell pregnant on the pill forget that 4 weeks before they forgot to take there pill.

If you were to wait till your financially stable to have children you would never have them lol children need love and support.

I think it's disgusting that money and time is ploud into repeat abortions for 1 person than putting the money into saving children that are born prem or with disabilities or other organisations.I think abortions are to readily available.

I understand each to there own and am not disregarding anyone in this thread.

I think the argument of you can't comment unless you have had an abortion and how hard it is could be takin in another way that some don't know what it is like to have prem children and having to watch one die that was perfectly healthy.

Peace and respect geeks

You have a dog called boobs???
lol! he's a fox red labrador (actual name conar) and a dead ringer for scooby doo, my nephew wasn't able to say scooby properly, it came out as boobs, the name kinda stuck, suits him actually because he's mad as a bag of cut snakes,a big t*t xxx

lol! he's a fox red labrador (actual name conar) and a dead ringer for scooby doo, my nephew wasn't able to say scooby properly, it came out as boobs, the name kinda stuck, suits him actually because he's mad as a bag of cut snakes,a big t*t xxx

Fox red lab?! Please post picture!

Attachments

• boobs.jpg
    boobs.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 65
apologies geeks, i meant to post pic in a new thread for jazmine :grr:

My opinion is ( and its my opinion, you guys have yours and I respect that.) abortion should only be allowed if a women is raped, there is a life threatening risk to the mother. Or if the child was severely disabled. Once people decide to start having sex they should accept all that comes along with it, pregnancies etc etc. I don't believe in having an abortion because of finances. No one is ready for a child no matter what. You have people who have no contraception but fail to get pregnant and those who are on and do get pregnant. I believe you get pregnant when its meant to be. Abortion limit should come down, I don't know how many weeks but how can you kill anything that has a heart beat, or is aware of anything? I'm tired of hearing people that sleep with someone then go and have an abortion and it seems to be a cycle for them. Even though I'm against abortions I don't judge people or treat them differently if they choose to. Because I don't know what they are mentally physically emotionally feeling. In my opinion aborting a child that's fully alive, developing, has a heart beat and brain function is murder and should only be allowed in the circumstances above.
But as a poster said, I do worry about abuse of unwanted children. It's not something if thought about until I just read it. Even though I'm against abortions, having a child to live a terrible life of abuse is bad Aswell. Something more needs to be done. And maybe make getting an abortion not as easy ( I don't know proper procedure) just so if gives people to think twice and if its really what they want as women have abortions and years later regret and wonder about the child that could have been xx

Regardless of all of our opinions on this, I think the crux of this issue lies in the following question: Would you impose on a newborn child a parent that didnt want it? All the comments about counselling and education are right, but still if a womam has had all these things and still doesnt want the baby do we let her have the child then send her home from hospital with it, to be its carer and provider? I think its a very shortsighted view personally. It's not about life for life's sake, it's about quality of life.

My mum wasn't raped, but I have never let my dad, hasn't wanted anything to do with me and like you know, there is always that wondering in the back of your mind.
I'm not saying my mum just like you haven't done an amazing job and given more than enough love, but I can't help think, what do abandoned children think when I only have one half missing xoxo

You're right, it messes with their minds and affects their lives significantly. My daughter has one parent who couldnt love her more, and one she has never met, and quite frankly it's pickled her brain (although her own situation in relation to her "dad" - I use that term very loosely - is a very unusual one I accept). She has had problems at school and college, and often has problems socially, all as a result of how she came into the world. Does that mean she should have been aborted - god no!!!! out of the worst thing thats ever happened in my life I got the best thing thats ever happened in my life, but I would never take away the right of another woman to choose another course of action.

Parenthood is for life whether you like it or not. My daughters "dad" was released from prison a couple of years ago (he got a life sentence because it was his second offence), and has had his probation officer track me down and contact me because he would like to see his daughter!!!!! Some people just aren't strong enough to deal with this kind of stuff, I'm lucky that I have a very supportive husband, but to give a woman no other option than have to deal with this type of lifelong stress is cruel.

Regardless of all of our opinions on this, I think the crux of this issue lies in the following question: Would you impose on a newborn child a parent that didnt want it? All the comments about counselling and education are right, but still if a womam has had all these things and still doesnt want the baby do we let her have the child then send her home from hospital with it, to be its carer and provider? I think its a very shortsighted view personally. It's not about life for life's sake, it's about quality of life.

Adoption?

This is such an emotive issue. Naturally enough.

It is illegal here and if a woman feels that is her only recourse she has to travel to the UK for one.

Personally I have 2 girls and would be horrified if I thought that they would have an abortion. I just think it's wrong.

I know that there are so many terrible things that happen that would cause a woman to make that decision and I'm sure it must be horrendous to have to do it , I'm not judging anyone.

Surely adoption can lead to emotional issues for mother and child?

You can't force people to continue a pregnancy it would lead to back door abortions and would take a huge mental toll on the women carrying the child as well as a physical toll.

It's never going to be a topic that all will agree on as its an emotive topic. I had a friend who had an abortion whilst I was pregnant she was scared and felt very alone. I felt stronger than ever during my pregnancy that she had the right to choose if and when she ha children.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back