Been working on my stilettos...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jessicles

Reaction score
I've been really working on my stiletto application lately. Here's my latest set, CND neutral pink coverage powder (I seem to only use this one of the three lol) and the pink is from Young nails. I hate how you can still see the natural nail a bit in the photo, but in person, you can't. Why is that? Anyway, I know a few of the smiles are off (a couple are a little flatter than they should be) and the coverage powder needed a bit more blending in zone three on some, but I'd like some critiquing anyway. :)

P.S. I couldn't make these quite as sharp as I'd like, she has a 2 year old and is a hairdresser, so she pokes holes in all her gloves if too pointy lol

The shape that you have created is called almond hun,
they look a bit wide on the hips, just need to be narrower and you have pointed out most of the other faults yourself,
but they are very pretty, i love the pink free edge colour. :hug:

What colour is it hun?
its gorgeous.

i LOVE them!!!

Love the colour. The shape is really nice even if it is almond.

i think they look gorgeous.lovely work.x

They are FANTASTIC!!! when you doin mine? lol:green:

The shape that you have created is called almond hun,
they look a bit wide on the hips, just need to be narrower and you have pointed out most of the other faults yourself,
but they are very pretty, i love the pink free edge colour. :hug:

Yeah, you always notice things in photos you don't see in person. The middle finger on the right is hippy, for sure. She has a slight ski jump and square c-curves, so stilettos are hard to get perfect on her. And I thought they were a bit too pointy for almonds, but maybe I didn't really know what almonds were lol.

What colour is it hun?
its gorgeous.

It's "neon rose" from Young Nails.

Thanks everyone for the comments. :)

i love them, the colours the shape, 100% for me but im not a critique, lol. x

These are a really nice set of nails, the colour is great.

I think the nails look really beautiful, love the colour. I can't do a proper critique as I am not really qualified to do so!

anne xx

The most important thing is that you have given the client nails that she can cope with.
Line of light is good and yes a couple of them do look a bit hippy but you've seen this and know what do to next time. Smiles nice and crisp, the colour looks very nice for the clients skin tone all in all, thumbs up well done :hug:

You know what? It doesn't matter what shape you call them. They are not really almond and they are not really stiletto, but they are consistent and look pretty.

They do need to be sleeker and this can be achieved by using less in the zone 2 area. Learn to push your bead back if it is a tad too big to redistribute the product and the nails will be sleeker almost immediately.
Well done.

No expert chick but I took a gander and first impressions were wow like those !

Whether they be stilettos or almonds, I think they're lovely! Well done xx

Thanks everyone for the comments. :) Still working on them!

Latest posts

Back