Befriending a Geek

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beautynails

Reaction score
Being the nosey person I am, I was just wondering what makes you choose to put a geek on your friends list.

Is it because you agree with their veiws, or they've helped you with a problem, or maybe you have contact with them off site?

For example the other day a geek gave me an unexpected laugh, a real laugh out loud laugh. It was lovely and I really enjoyed their sense of humour, so I made a friend.:hug:

So why are your friends your friends?

i have only just started adding friends, i added one because everywhere i went that interested me i saw one of there post, didn't look to see if they posted tons, just thought that we must have the same interest.

also no one was adding me, and i didnt want to be billy no mate anymore, so thought i would be brave and ask first :wink2:

oh thats easy.. its because i am a hoarder by nature! I collect wierd and wonderfull and if you strike me as wierd or wonderful you go on my list! i am no-where near finished my collection yet!!!

oh thats easy.. its because i am a hoarder by nature! I collect wierd and wonderfull and if you strike me as wierd or wonderful you go on my list! i am no-where near finished my collection yet!!!

hey!!! im on your friends list! am i wierd or wonderful! lol :hug:

I'll take anyone that wants me.:lol:

Sadly, I know which I am:eek:

oherum.... wierd and wonderfull!! (gulp) nothing wrong with being wierd and wonderfull .. ((eeek) goes off to shoot own foot.. ))

Ok I have been told I am many things but weird and wonderful made me laugh, I'll take the first as a good thing because that might just mean different and thats no bad thing :lol:

I add people who have made me smile, who have helped me, the people I add are people I genuinely like, would never do it to boost numbers as I dont take the word 'friend' in gest so its always people I wish I knew.

Some of the people who added me really bought a smile to my face, I might have invited them and not presumed they would accept, or I may just arrive on site to an invitation. There are some on my list who have helped me with really tough times and others who boosted confidence, I have to say that its the one update I really was wary of but have come to greatly appreciate. :hug:

I'm too shy to ask people to be on my buddy list, so I just accept whoever asks me (and you're all lovely)

in my case - any one that will have me lol

usually im billy no mates :cry:

I'm the same as a lot of others'...

If I am asked...hell yeah I'll be your friend!!!!

I haven't had the courage to ask anyone...but on saying that the other day I was chatting to someone...looked at their profile...saw they had no friends...so sent a request...and it got accepted!!! phew :lol: I wanted to be thier friend anway...but it took some of my courage to ask!!!

I have sent a request to a few other geeks who couldn't see my pics....

but all in all...I am too chicken to send a request to ask for anyone to be my friend...I still tend to wait for someone to ask me...that way I know they want to... Good job other people aren't like me...otherwise I would be a total billy no mates... :sad:

I certainly don't think the friends thing should be abused by trying to gather as many friends as you can...:confused: But I would be well chuffed if my list ran into the 1000's :lol:

Interesting thread...!!!!!

I get worried because I don't very often ask people to be my friend - and then wonder if I've offended them.
With very few exceptions I regard everyone as friends and I've just got a few who have become special friends...............maybe we need an extra category:lol:

I get worried because I don't very often ask people to be my friend - and then wonder if I've offended them.
With very few exceptions I regard everyone as friends and I've just got a few who have become special friends...............maybe we need an extra category:lol:

Awww Adele...you asked me...am I your special friend??? ;)

I'm with you on this one Adele - I would hope that most would consider that I were their friend - I have added some people and others have added me!

I want to have plenty of friends, it is only human nature but I'm not a very good socialite in real life - more of a hermit (think I need to put my smelly cat woman caption back up :lol:) and the fact that I can have friends on here who treat me as they find me is just great :hug: those that don't like me usually don't bother me so that's cool as well!

Like Chels, I tend to steer towards the "weird and wonderful" - I'm definitely weird :lol::lol:

hugs to all xx

I'm with you on this one Adele - I would hope that most would consider that I were their friend - I have added some people and others have added me!

I want to have plenty of friends, it is only human nature but I'm not a very good socialite in real life - more of a hermit (think I need to put my smelly cat woman caption back up :lol:) and the fact that I can have friends on here who treat me as they find me is just great :hug: those that don't like me usually don't bother me so that's cool as well!

Like Chels, I tend to steer towards the "weird and wonderful" - I'm definitely weird :lol::lol:

hugs to all xx
And wonderful:lol:

I had lovely offers of friendship when i first joined & since then i have made a few good geeky friends.... I think you just get a feel for a person when they answer posts etc.

I also tried to make contact with geeks local to my area..

Kisses to all my little friendly geeks xxxxxx

Champagne xx

For me i added the people who i did knwo personally but refused any i didnt. i do not mean to offend anyone like this but if i do not know them i cannot see why they would want to be my friend anyway. x

If anyone wants me as a friend I am more than happy to oblige as I am friendly by nature and will talk to anyone who will talk to me. :hug:

Trish :hug:

Latest posts

Back