Befriending a Geek

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When this friend thing come up....i asked a lot....because i like them and because they give good advice......

I did ask some and they did not accept my friendship....so i took them of mine.....if you want to be my friend just ask xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I am friendly by nature (although sometimes shy) and I haven't refused anybody so far (I would hate to offend somebody who offered the hand of friendship and was then turned down for no good reason), and as far as asking people to be "friends", I have asked people who seem like-minded, or who I have shared a joke with or who have been helpful to me, or who I chat with in the Chat Room (you know who you are lol) or who I know personally . . . there you are, those are the people I choose for my "friends". :hug: :hug:

I dont know any geeks pesonally yet, although Bev Rose probably did my wages at some point but we didnt take much notice of each other lol, however I'm going to see her soon and get my own nails done by her which will be a nice treat :) Oh and I used to work for Bud......but I don't know any other geeks in my area yet, would love to meet up with some tho :)

I only joined Salon Geek last week and have already friended/been friended by some lovely people; I tend to add people who have answered posts I've made/left messages on my profile and sound like nice people.

Ruth

I'm with you on this one Adele - I would hope that most would consider that I were their friend - I have added some people and others have added me!

I want to have plenty of friends, it is only human nature but I'm not a very good socialite in real life - more of a hermit (think I need to put my smelly cat woman caption back up :lol:) and the fact that I can have friends on here who treat me as they find me is just great :hug: those that don't like me usually don't bother me so that's cool as well!

Like Chels, I tend to steer towards the "weird and wonderful" - I'm definitely weird :lol::lol:

hugs to all xx

i get you both!! see i worry that some geeks think i am being rude by not be-friending them.. then i think other will see me as a friend hoar.. then i think.. that maybe i think to much.. so i just throw myself out there and see what floats.. anyway.. i usually add people as i find them.. rather then search them out.. all my friends real life or cyber are people i feel a connection with.

I have added peeps that I have an affinity with, be it on a thread, in chat etc. I havent met anyone on Geek apart from Laura, so I dont know anyone personally.

Im like Snuggs, its nice to have virtual friends, peeps who you care about and they care about you!

To me I dont care if I never meet these peeps (although it would be nice), but to me they (you) are all my friends, mates, muccas etc!

xxxxxxxx:hug:

I'm like a lot of people on here - friendly, but too scared to ask anyone to be my friend.

Then I worry that people will think I'm a snob because I haven't asked anyone. It's a vicious cycle, lol.

So, if anyone wants to be my friend, ask away. In return I promise to be less scared about inviting geeks to be my friend.:eek:

I'm like a lot of people on here - friendly, but too scared to ask anyone to be my friend.

Then I worry that people will think I'm a snob because I haven't asked anyone. It's a vicious cycle, lol.

So, if anyone wants to be my friend, ask away. In return I promise to be less scared about inviting geeks to be my friend.:eek:

Im the same Ange, i dont tend to post on here much so i dont feel i am as 'familiar' as other geeks on here.

But if anyone wants to be my friend, then just ask away! :) Would love to chat to some more geeks :hug:

Well i have my good friends,some of whom i have never met,then i had requests which i felt were quite random,i accepted anyway.

If someone wants to befriend me i wouldn't turn them down as imo they have be kind enough/thought enough of me to ask for whatever reason :hug:

I sometimes feel like not many peeps like me on here :cry: but I am friendly and will accept anyone who asks me :hug: i'm just too shy to ask first!! lol

oh no !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I couldn't 'decline' a friendship request:green:

I think its great!

However i havent been very good at 'adding' friends most peeps have 'added' me.

I'll try to get on the case more and add more peeps !

Oh to be loved eh !

Amb xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I sometimes feel like not many peeps like me on here :cry: but I am friendly and will accept anyone who asks me :hug: i'm just too shy to ask first!! lol
aww don't feel that way... a friendship request is on its way :hug:

I added the majority of those members who were on my 'buddy list' previously, then accepted a load of invites and also invited peeps as and when I remembered lol, it's not a case of not wanting to, more a case of remembering, so if anyone wants to add me then feel free, I'll accept you all... one can never have too many friends, right?

Im not very forward in making friends, i have geeks on my friends list but also talk to others. I tend to stand back as ive never been one to mingle lol

It's just because I'm a lonely git .....:lol:

M.

I tend not to take the whole friendship thing too seriously. I would NEVER decline someone, nor could I think of any reason why I would want to.

I add someone if I liked a post, had some commonalities in thoughts or practices, or noticed they didn't have any friends.

Really, I think the more the merrier!

i know this is not really relevent but if I'm in the chat rooms I have a real problem remembering peoples real names! I have been told but I just forget!

Luckily no-one seems to get annoyed at me for this - yet!!

I'm like a lot on here, too scared to ask :o, I also can't handle rejection :cry: lol.

I don't know, I guess I'd feel like I was intruding if I asked, that's probably the main reason I don't.

Last edited:
I'm a friendly little buddy, so am not shy to ask geeks if they wanna be geeky mates with me, nor would I decline an invitation either :hug:

Latest posts

Back