Best Gel Polish- Votes Please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OPI Gelcolor & Gelish for me x

Definitely Shellac, although it isn't a gel polish ;) xx

ManiQ by young nails is an excellent product

I'm a ManiQ by Young Nails lover ;)

I would say gelish, but not anymore. It ruined my nails and made them brittle. I'm looking for a new system now...

The likelihood is it was the acetone that dried them while taking off & the sanitiser, not the gel.
I am very naughty, always have been a biter so love to bite my (soak off) gel off. NOT THAT I WOULD EVER TELL MY CLIENTS.
I don't use acetone on myself & don't have dry nails any more. Only the odd white bit where the gel was really well stuck.

Try adding a little cuticle oil to the acetone when doing clients to help it stop the drying out.

I wish they could come up with something other than acetone.

How about a gel that desolved with fairy liquid or Mr Sheen..... then we could all get out of the washing up & house work.

Last edited:
Thought I was the only 1 lol

OPI and shellac for me. Xx

Gelish and Gelicure, equally fantastic!

Has anyone tried Jessica Geleration??? It's the only gel where you can still treat the nail underneath, causing no harm.

This isn't true, with Jessica nail polish you can treat the nail underneath but with gels you can not as you are putting on the standard prep, start, gel colour and finish, no base coat used at all!

Leanne
X

I have been using Geleration for 18 months now and it is amazing!! If applied and removed correctly it definitely does not damage the natural nail. I have seen some fantastic results from ladies that could never grow there nails before no matter what we tried. When I did my training we were told that you can treat the nail underneath with a basecoat before applying the gel however I never found this to last as long as without.

It is so funny to read all of those statements that says : This product definately doesn't cause any harm to the nails.

If I have learned my lesson correctly from reading Dough Schoons book and reading tonnes of articles on here NONE of the professional nail-systems gel-polishes will harm the nails when the right procedures is followed.

As they are all removed with acetone ofcourse a homecare routine will have to be carried out with cuticle oil (I prefer Solar oil and have tried so many) And as far as I have understodd Doug Schoon ALL of these products (also L&p and traditional gel) will be penetrated by the oil, (if oil is right size molycules) and ofcourse it will penetrate nail all around aswell, so with all systems it is possible to treat the nail.

I use both Gelish and Shellac :)

Shellac, use Gelish too. Nothing compares to Shellac though. Brushes are amazing, colours, customer service from Sweet Squared, versatility, lamp.
CND in my opinion are the top of the game in the nail world. They know what colours are in, styles, shapes. And they make the best products!

*all my opinion!

It is so funny to read all of those statements that says : This product definately doesn't cause any harm to the nails.

If I have learned my lesson correctly from reading Dough Schoons book and reading tonnes of articles on here NONE of the professional nail-systems gel-polishes will harm the nails when the right procedures is followed.

As they are all removed with acetone ofcourse a homecare routine will have to be carried out with cuticle oil (I prefer Solar oil and have tried so many) And as far as I have understodd Doug Schoon ALL of these products (also L&p and traditional gel) will be penetrated by the oil, (if oil is right size molycules) and ofcourse it will penetrate nail all around aswell, so with all systems it is possible to treat the nail.

I use both Gelish and Shellac :)

I hate the type of 'fear' marketing that some companies use to try to 'sell' their brand. It insults the intelligence of well trained technicians.

Gelish and geleration were my favourites until I developed allergies.
Now I can only tolerate only two : lechat Perfect match which I find wonderful especially as it gives my thin weak nails strength and Shellac which would get my number one vote due to it being hypoallergenic and CND / sweetsquared being a wonderfully responsible supportive company.

Shellac and Artistic Gloss (which is also Gelish).

Shellac and Artistic Gloss (which is also Gelish).

What do you mean? Do you think Artistic Gloss and Gelish are actually the same product?

Don't quote me 100% but a few others have said the same and when I was running out of top coat, I called the distributors and they told me that Gelish can be used with ACG. So it sounds like they may be one and the same but branded differently and also their colour range is very similar.

It's made in the same factory ( I believe!) acg is thinner though. But its very very similar x x

ACG is sometimes a little too thin at times and with some colours you do have to do 3 coats. I may buy a couple of Gelish colours and see how they are in comparison.

Tbh I would say 99% of colours I do three! But I hate sheer polish it's a pet hate if mine! I do really like artistic though and after investing in about 28 colours, I m sticking with it!!!!!! X

Latest posts

Back