biggest mistakes when training?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bonjovirock4eva

Reaction score
i was just wondering what the biggest mistakes other geeks made while training? reason im asking is because i just glued a 240 grit file to my hand!:irked:

when we were practicing in class i glued my friend and i together cos i was holding down the tip with my thumb!:green:

yeah- ive glues my fingers to the tip of a practice hand- doh!:smack:

Gluing my fingers to any thing and everything
Turning several clients nails into paperweights
Putting acetone instead of monomer into my dappen dish(don't ask:lol:)

the list goes on and on...

but the worst mistake was...

Telling my tutor that a set of nails, I'd seen on someone,didn't look very nice...
turned out the tutor had done them:o:o:o

Ah well live and learn:lol::lol::lol:

Gluing my fingers to any thing and everything
Turning several clients nails into paperweights
Putting acetone instead of monomer into my dappen dish(don't ask:lol:)

the list goes on and on...

but the worst mistake was...

Telling my tutor that a set of nails, I'd seen on someone,didn't look very nice...

Ah well live and learn:lol::lol::lol:

I glued the fingers together trick....got to say....i had to laugh at all of yours though xxxxxxx:lol::lol::lol:

thats fantastic!!! still laughing xxx:lol::lol::lol:

my biggest mistake was blaming the product. i was sure i was doing every thing just as i was taught:irked:

Ah I still glue myself to the odd client occasionally!:lol:

When I was on the foundation course I was using my 100 grit to file my product after application until my educator noticed what I was doing, completely unawares!

Single biggest boob though? Not concentrating, took a pippette of monomer, and instead of dispensing into my dappen dish, dispensed it into my polymer:eek:. Ah well, good job I had a spare!!

I got in trouble for using the vibrate on a foot spa for a client who was pregnant!

I did ask her but she was in a well sarcastic mood that day, apparently she was not dealing with her weight gain due to her pregnancy

my tutor was not happy at all as she was a previous student

I have no idea how I managed it but I had my tip cutters glued to my hand and was trying to carry out a normal conversation whilst trying to prize them off! I had to confess in the end and go and soak them off. :rolleyes:

My biggest mistake when taking my initial training, was taking it with the place I did.
Totally ripped me off :irked:.
Ho Hum, lessons learnt.

That was obviously not CND or EzfLOW!!!

It was a dodgy place in Eltham.

I did mine in Nottingham and stayed over in a hotel....Day one we applied tips to 1 hand and had to apply tips and product the next day. But i broke all my tips off that night...(just proves there is no strength in tips alone at all..:lol:)..........but i had my kit with me and re-applied them all in the hotel room that night cos i didn't want to be told off.

Ooops! Apart from the gluing yourself to things! My worst mistake has to be forgetting to file down the nails before removing them!! :rolleyes: It doesn't help! And it takes a lot longer! Lol!

I think we have all glued ourselves to something :lol:
We had to wear gloves and i glued the BLUE glove to the underside of the tip and had to cut the finger off.
I thought i was going to have to remove the tip cos it wouldn't file off :lol:
Thankfully the lady wanted the short so the part it was stuck to came off when i took the length down :o

TBH, my niece came last wednesday and we were so busy picking glitters and colours and thinking about the design, whilst I was busy yakking away to her that I totally forgot to use my cuticle remover & remove the cuticle:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
I'm blooming flabberghasted I did not do it!:smack::smack::smack: It was a rebalance, & I usually do my filing first, then remove the cuticle. I did scrubfresh though, thank go for small mercies!!

If she comes back with lifting, I'll look after her, thank goodness it was my neice and not a 'proper' client!

My worst mistake has to be forgetting to file down the nails before removing them!! :rolleyes: It doesn't help! And it takes a lot longer! Lol!
ive done that sooooo many times but luckily only to myself!!!!

I know this is way off track but I have taken my tv remote control to appointments with me instead of my calculator!!

i took my tv remote to the shop last sat .... but thats coz i woz drunk an thought it was my mobile... erm...should keep off the wine! xxxx:irked:

I've stuck my fingers together with resin and accidently glued the tip on my sisters nail and stuck it to the skin too..! good job it was my sister. first time id ever done a fibreglass nail too!

I don't do nails now, but many moons ago I was doing silk wrap extensions and picked up what I thought was silk.... turns out it was the label on the towel LOL, thats why I don't do nails now !!!!!

Latest posts

Back