Brazilian Wax Nightmare!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tina67

Reaction score
Help!!! I did only my 3rd Brazilian wax yesterday and it was a complete nightmare. I applied the wax to the lady's butt crack but it wouldn't set, she was on all fours with bum in the air for ages while I tried to get it off but each time I tried to pull it it snapped off cos it wasn't ready. Same happened when I turned her over and did the front. Not sure if she was too hot or it was something I was doing wrong but the last 2 I did went really well so this has really knocked my confidence. I had to charge her half the price as it was such an embarrassing situation - I never want to go through that again!!! I use Perron Rigot Euro Blonde by the way. Thanks.:o

Try not to worry. It was a very warm day yesterday. You could try some cream hot wax for the summer. Berins faster setting wax is called Jet
Set, but I imagine there is a PR equivalent.

Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited:
Sorry Zo Zo message seems to be blank.

Don't panic. You need to wax someone else soon to get yourself back on the saddle!!!

Good luck and don't fret! Warm weather and all. xxx

On a hot day, once you've appied the wax, you could put the fan on in the room.......I don't mean stick it up their bum lol. Don't put the fan on whilst applying the wax as you'll get all the stringy bits driving you mad. Some clients are very hot too which doesn't help matters.

TIP: On a really hot day, either switch to Perron Rigot, Escencial Rose wax which is fast setting, or as the wax is setting, put some talc over the top of it. I don't ever do this, but it can be done and sets the wax. xxx

Help!!! I did only my 3rd Brazilian wax yesterday and it was a complete nightmare. I applied the wax to the lady's butt crack but it wouldn't set, she was on all fours with bum in the air for ages while I tried to get it off but each time I tried to pull it it snapped off cos it wasn't ready. Same happened when I turned her over and did the front. Not sure if she was too hot or it was something I was doing wrong but the last 2 I did went really well so this has really knocked my confidence. I had to charge her half the price as it was such an embarrassing situation - I never want to go through that again!!! I use Perron Rigot Euro Blonde by the way. Thanks.:o

Sorry for your unfortunate experience but OMG that did make me giggle.
I hope you manage to overcome this incident and learn from the great tips given x
Posted via Mobile Device

People still get on all fours for a b wax? Crikey.
See if you used Caron Brilliance, this would never happen. *LOL*

Some clients are very hot too which doesn't help matters.

Yes, I must admit, some of my male clients...kowabunga chickabowow...and my concentration wanders. I have to stop for a sec, stare at the ceiling and think wax on, wax off, wax on, wax off....

Seriously, a client can have heated skin but this should not prevent a good wax. Naturally, the consistency of the wax should be even before attempting to apply it. But when wax snaps, this often means you may have applied it too thinly or waited too long to pull it off. You can blame room temperature but, really, that's like a tradesman blaming a bad job on his tools.

Go back to your basics and run through the steps.

And for the love of Jehovah, don't make the poor client get on her knees! :D

People still get on all fours for a b wax? Crikey.
See if you used Caron Brilliance, this would never happen. *LOL*

And for the love of Jehovah, don't make the poor client get on her knees! :D

I always make the client get on there knees... how else are you going to get right into the bum area? It is quick and easy and doesn't make the client lift there legs up in the air or whatever other position you could use!

The only time I've ever truly been 100% hair free is an on all fours job. xx

Yep get em on all fours!! It's easier for you and makes it more comfortable for the client.
Guarantees you get all the hair out.
Keep doing as you are doing. In this heat turn your wax down a bit. The clients skin is usually more clammy too so leave just a bit longer to set.
Have you got a fan in your room? This could help.
Don't worry, we've all had situations where we've thought 'Oh god'.
I'm sure you'll be fine next time just change your wax temperature on warmer days :D

Velveteen, waxing on all fours is a completely acceptable way in the UK and as far as I am aware the US to wax a client. Although other positions can be adopted, this is in my view (and many others), the most efficient and quickest way to remove hair.

As the area in question is one that does get quite warm it will take a little longer to set.

I don't use PR so not sure if you can add escential rose to your euroblond to help it set quicker. I use Berins and can mix my Berins Blue with Berins Jet Set so that it sets that little bit quicker on warmer days.

Well now - I really am interested in this.
I always used the old fashioned way when doing that bit, ie client lies on her back lifts the legs and the wax goes on...I remember when Brazilian waxing came out first being up on all fours was among some of the horror stories I would hear

A couple of years ago in Spain I went for a Brazilian wax myself and was mortified when she sent me up on all fours. It was even worse when she started blowing on me bum to get the wax to set!

I have to say after the shock I just thought that was another way to do it and to each their own but it worked very very well....I dont fancy asking girls here to do it though but this would make me think twice.

Well now - I really am interested in this.
I always used the old fashioned way when doing that bit, ie client lies on her back lifts the legs and the wax goes on...I remember when Brazilian waxing came out first being up on all fours was among some of the horror stories I would hear

A couple of years ago in Spain I went for a Brazilian wax myself and was mortified when she sent me up on all fours. It was even worse when she started blowing on me bum to get the wax to set!

I have to say after the shock I just thought that was another way to do it and to each their own but it worked very very well....I dont fancy asking girls here to do it though but this would make me think twice.

I've trained in Dublin so there there are plenty of waxers waxing with the client on all fours. The only way for me!

I don't use PR so not sure if you can add escential rose to your euroblond to help it set quicker. I use Berins and can mix my Berins Blue with Berins Jet Set so that it sets that little bit quicker on warmer days.

Yeah you can add/mix them together to make it faster setting xxx

i got taught by kim and my boys have no problem geting up on all 4s! i def wouldnt want to be tackling them any other way

Is there actually any dignified way of someone ripping the hair off your most private bits and your bum, if thats what you want done then just bend over.Side, all fours, standing on your head, unless the therapist is blind folded theres not going to be much left to the imagination any which way if you want every hair removed.

Exactly, Gillian. Each to his or her own.

I'm actually more concerned that the wax wasn't applied correctly more than what position the client was in but alas, more people seem more concerned about what they feel is the best and fastest way to remove hair and that paragraph was missed.

Bet those same people take longer than 20 minutes to perform a XXX service, though! *LOL*

kim where in dublin did you train????

I've just ordered some PR Eurose, did a bikini wax yesterday and it took ages. Definitely going to be mixing in a handful! Thanks for this thread :D

I live in queensland so yeah it can get sorta hot... (tho we have air con too :)... and i was experimenting with the on 4's thing, but only because the girl was comfortable with doing it...

My reccomendation for that part would probably be to ensure everyone if FULLY comfortable with that way of doing things, as it is quite exposing and can cause the client to feel vonourable (sp?)

On may occasions the wax can be a pain and not set right in a good amount of time..... so a tip I was shown was to wet some cloth, like eye pad, fibrella etc, and then press onto the hot wax, pressing firmly, this seems to give it a quick temperature drop and allow the wax to become crisp to pull off.....

From Trace :)
Little-Aussie... new to be self employed salon owner ;) :D
xxoo

Latest posts

Back