Brisa Lite?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can you use the BL topcoat over the top of shellac colour for a more harder wearing finish?

The instructions posted here say use BL basecoat, gel and then shellac. This gives the strength.

The instructions posted here say use BL basecoat, gel and then shellac. This gives the strength.

I'm just thinking for my own nails that I like to have a more hard wearing topcoat on. Think ill just try it and see x

Could someone pm me the price too please x

I'm sorry to get on the bandwagon, but can someone message me the prices, I need to know how many spare pennies I need :lol:

Can someone pm the prices to me too please :) x

The thread has got rather boring now with people asking for the price. It is available to order online tomorrow morning with the prices on the website!

Does anyone know if there is a lot of file finishing with the sculpting gel? I've just been diagnosed with a lung condition and am trying to eliminate as much filing dust as I can.

Also, can you build with the smoothing gel on those that have very flat nails to give a more aesthetic appearance?

Thanks

Anyone know the answer to this? X

Hoping this won't get ignored - just a thought about Brisa lite.

Lets just assume that the base coat isn't that dissimilar in cost to shellac base coat, is it possible this could replace one for the other? My reasoning is that if it provides harder wearing colour and isn't in addition as such to shellac, more a replacement, then wouldn't it just be ideal for all clients even if their nails aren't weak or peely?

Thoughts??

I'm not sure about this. The Brisa Lite Base Coat will have been formulated for the Smoothing Gel or Sculpting Gel to go over the top, and then Shellac if you choose. I don't think you would ever use just the Brisa Lite Base Coat, then Shellac, as the product has not been formulated to work that way.

I would assume it would be like any other enhancement, 'sculpt with your brush not your file', to minimise filing and dust. Just a guess though as not got it yet to try it out!

Can't wait to do my order tomorrow!

The prices have already been mentioned on this thread ... I am wondering if people only read the last couple of posts instead of the whole thread.

Hoping this won't get ignored - just a thought about Brisa lite.

Lets just assume that the base coat isn't that dissimilar in cost to shellac base coat, is it possible this could replace one for the other? My reasoning is that if it provides harder wearing colour and isn't in addition as such to shellac, more a replacement, then wouldn't it just be ideal for all clients even if their nails aren't weak or peely?

Thoughts??

It is not the base coat that gives any strength ... It is the Brisa Lite smoothing gel or the Brisa Lite sculpting gel ... And the Brisa lite base coat is formulated to go with the Brisa Lite smoothing gel or the Brisa Lite sculpting gel. You cannot replace the Brisa Lite base coat for the Shellac base coat or visa versa and expect to get the same results.

One shoe does not fit everyone. Technicians must start to get prescriptive. Horses for courses. Treating clients individual needs is what being a professional nail technician is ALL about ... What is more, it is what we have always been about. Problem is allot of new/ish nail technicians have not got the skills or the tools to be prescriptive ...

Now we have the right tools for each individual's needs so let's use them and not try to make one thing suit everyone; It is not possible. Nor, does each and every client need nor want, to give the same time commitment to her nail services. For example, client number 1, with challenged nails will need more regular services and to spend more time and money on her nail service than say client number 2, with gorgeous natural nails that are problem free. Client number 2 will not thank a technician who gives her a service that takes more time, when she only needs a product (which is now available) that is quicker to apply and quicker to remove.

Clients are individuals with different nail needs, we all know that, so lets do our job, which is to give customised/individual services that meet those needs.

Last edited:

I would think it would not require loads of buffing especially if it's self leveling! also the smoothing gel is used for people with ridges dips etc in their nails so i suspect this would work for you....

Do you think we need to be charging more,for the brisa lite in a shellac treatment? If so how much are we thinking? Is it classed as more of an overlay? Thanks in advance x

The thread has got rather boring now with people asking for the price. It is available to order online tomorrow morning with the prices on the website!

couldnt agree with you more, its going round and round in circles! Can everyone not be patient and wait for the product to be released and then im sure we will get all the information we need. If the CND EAs are only just training in this sytem this weekend how does anyone think they will get all the answers they are looking for. Let us have patience and enjoy xxx

couldnt agree with you more, its going round and round in circles! Can everyone not be patient and wait for the product to be released and then im sure we will get all the information we need. If the CND EAs are only just training in this sytem this weekend how does anyone think they will get all the answers they are looking for. Let us have patience and enjoy xxx

For some of us it is already available, I had the chance to buy an intro kit last week with my supplier as they are on sale. However as is usual in my area there is no training available, so if I want to continue to be a "CND Exclusive" salon, I have no choice but to try an get answers on how and when to use it from sites like this one.

Do you think we need to be charging more,for the brisa lite in a shellac treatment? If so how much are we thinking? Is it classed as more of an overlay? Thanks in advance x

yes you need to be charging more, you will be offering a bespoke service to your clients, not everyone will need brisa lite although im sure lots of clients are going to want it to extend their shellac life

Im sure we will get advice on how to market and price it once its released but im thinking around the £3 - £5 mark depending on area and how much you charge for shellac at the moment.

For some of us it is already available, I had the chance to buy an intro kit last week with my supplier as they are on sale. However as is usual in my area there is no training available, so if I want to continue to be a "CND Exclusive" salon, I have no choice but to try an get answers on how and when to use it from sites like this one.

totally understand that hun but i was referring to all the UK geeks who want all the info before the product has been released xxxx

Does anyone know if there is a lot of file finishing with the sculpting gel? I've just been diagnosed with a lung condition and am trying to eliminate as much filing dust as I can.

Also, can you build with the smoothing gel on those that have very flat nails to give a more aesthetic appearance?

Thanks

The answer to your first question is that provided you have the necessary skill, the filing is minimal with Brisa Lite removable Sculpting gel as well as with all other CND enhancement systems.

The answer to your second question is No, you cannot build shape with the Brisa Lite smoothing gel although it will improve the appearance of a flat nail; it's function is to smooth a damaged or ridged surface, not alter the shape of the nail.

The Sculpting gel of course is the product you would choose if you wish to alter the shape and length.

And florence, you are welcome to do so because that is exactly what SalonGeek.com is for. :hug:

The answer to your first question is that provided you have the necessary skill, the filing is minimal with Brisa Lite removable Sculpting gel as well as with all other CND enhancement systems.

The answer to your second question is No, you cannot build shape with the Brisa Lite smoothing gel although it will improve the appearance of a flat nail; it's function is to smooth a damaged or ridged surface, not alter the shape of the nail.

The Sculpting gel of course is the product you would choose if you wish to alter the shape and length.

Thank you for clarifying

Latest posts

Back