Brisa Lite?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The answer to your first question is that provided you have the necessary skill, the filing is minimal with Brisa Lite removable Sculpting gel as well as with all other CND enhancement systems.

The answer to your second question is No, you cannot build shape with the Brisa Lite smoothing gel although it will improve the appearance of a flat nail; it's function is to smooth a damaged or ridged surface, not alter the shape of the nail.

The Sculpting gel of course is the product you would choose if you wish to alter the shape and length.

Would this be perfect for toes then? I am assuming that the smoothing gel is thinner looking that regular brisa or the sculpting lite. My big toes have terrible ridges in them and nail polish never hides them even with ridge out underneath!

Would this be perfect for toes then? I am assuming that the smoothing gel is thinner looking that regular brisa or the sculpting lite. My big toes have terrible ridges in them and nail polish never hides them even with ridge out underneath!

Perfect for toes!

Glad someone asked about toes , my mummy will be very happy :)

I know my nana will be happy, as can be usual with 80+ yro folk her nails are very ridged :)

Ladies

Some clarifications if you can please. Im wanting to purchase the Brisa Lite Smoothing Gel, to accompany Shellac (im not trained in Brisa Gel so I can't purchase the Sculpting kit).

My question is do you have to buy the kit? Can you just purchase the Smoothing Base and Top Coat and am I right in thinking there is a smoothing gel? Which would go inbetween SBC & STC if I was doing a NNO?

I know the kit is VERY good value especially as it comes with a DVD, but I am also wondering if I can save myself some pennies and just get the products that I actually need. All the other items within the kit I have only just ordered so technically im stocked up.

Obviously with most techs going online ready for 9am I want to make sure I know exactly what im ordering.

All help would be greatfully received and Im sorry if this has already been asked before but this thread is getting very long now and im getting eye ache lol

Last edited:
Ladies

Some clarifications if you can please. Im wanting to purchase the Brisa Lite Smoothing Gel, to accompany Shellac (im not trained in Brisa Gel so I can't purchase the Sculpting kit).

My question is do you have to buy the kit? Can you just purchase the Smoothing Base and Top Coat and am I right in thinking there is a smoothing gel? Which would go inbetween SBC & STC if I was doing a NNO?

I know the kit is VERY good value especially as it comes with a DVD, but I am also wondering if I can save myself some pennies and just get the products that I actually need. All the other items within the kit I have only just ordered so technically im stocked up.

Obviously with most techs going online ready for 9am I want to make sure I know exactly what im ordering.

All help would be greatfully received and Im sorry if this has already been asked before but this thread is getting very long now and im getting eye ache lol
You cannot use the Brisa lite top and base without the smoothing gel in the middle.
The base coat actually anchors the smoothing gel to the natural nail, does not smooth the nail, that is where the smoothing gel comes in, then the top coat. It is a system.
To get the best out of the system and understand how it works training will be available as soon as we can organise our dates.
Therefor in answer to your question, there would be no point to buy just the top and bottom as it needs the Brisa smoothing gel part as it is key in the smoothing. The kit is excellent value for money!

I'm going to be good and not order at 9am (only due to school run) but I'm wondering how quickly BL is going to fly off the shelves.
The poor staff at S2 are going to be running about like Santas elves on Christmas eve lol.

Hey geeks

I'm still slowly going through this thread, can someone pm me the prices.

I'm trained in gels, but not with CND, I was thinking of doing the conversion course in Brisa Gel this year before the announcement of Brisa lite!

Does anyone know if I would be able to buy the Brisa lite without converting to Brisa Gel first?

I have done my shellac training last year.

It is not the base coat that gives any strength ... It is the Brisa Lite smoothing gel or the Brisa Lite sculpting gel ... And the Brisa lite base coat is formulated to go with the Brisa Lite smoothing gel or the Brisa Lite sculpting gel. You cannot replace the Brisa Lite base coat for the Shellac base coat or visa versa and expect to get the same results.

One shoe does not fit everyone. Technicians must start to get prescriptive. Horses for courses. Treating clients individual needs is what being a professional nail technician is ALL about ... What is more, it is what we have always been about. Problem is allot of new/ish nail technicians have not got the skills or the tools to be prescriptive ...

Now we have the right tools for each individual's needs so let's use them and not try to make one thing suit everyone; It is not possible. Nor, does each and every client need nor want, to give the same time commitment to her nail services. For example, client number 1, with challenged nails will need more regular services and to spend more time and money on her nail service than say client number 2, with gorgeous natural nails that are problem free. Client number 2 will not thank a technician who gives her a service that takes more time, when she only needs a product (which is now available) that is quicker to apply and quicker to remove.

Clients are individuals with different nail needs, we all know that, so lets do our job, which is to give customised/individual services that meet those needs.

Amen to that Gigi!

I'm trained in gels, but not with CND, I was thinking of doing the conversion course in Brisa Gel this year before the announcement of Brisa lite!

Does anyone know if I would be able to buy the Brisa lite without converting to Brisa Gel first?

I have done my shellac training last year.

I'm also in this situation, hopefully someone will answer ;). I think we will still need to convert to Brisa Lite though for the sculpting gel x

So ladies are we all rushing to buy Brisa Lite tomorrow or are we waiting on training dates etc.
I'm unsure on what to do!!

Last edited by a moderator:
It is not the base coat that gives any strength ... It is the Brisa Lite smoothing gel or the Brisa Lite sculpting gel ... And the Brisa lite base coat is formulated to go with the Brisa Lite smoothing gel or the Brisa Lite sculpting gel. You cannot replace the Brisa Lite base coat for the Shellac base coat or visa versa and expect to get the same results.

One shoe does not fit everyone. Technicians must start to get prescriptive. Horses for courses. Treating clients individual needs is what being a professional nail technician is ALL about ... What is more, it is what we have always been about. Problem is allot of new/ish nail technicians have not got the skills or the tools to be prescriptive ...

Now we have the right tools for each individual's needs so let's use them and not try to make one thing suit everyone; It is not possible. Nor, does each and every client need nor want, to give the same time commitment to her nail services. For example, client number 1, with challenged nails will need more regular services and to spend more time and money on her nail service than say client number 2, with gorgeous natural nails that are problem free. Client number 2 will not thank a technician who gives her a service that takes more time, when she only needs a product (which is now available) that is quicker to apply and quicker to remove.

Clients are individuals with different nail needs, we all know that, so lets do our job, which is to give customised/individual services that meet those needs.

My apologies guys, I was having a complete airbrain moment and now I realise how daft my question was. I was in the mindset that the base coat was the strengthening aspect but of course it isn't, its the gel.... Being heavily pregnant is not helping my brain to function well - very very embarrassed now. Thanks for your replies, especially yours Gigi.

Last edited:
I know.. I want it now! But not sure what I can buy? I'm L&P trained , not gel so I'm assuming I can't buy it all.x

i'm exactly the same hun xxx

Buying smoothing kit tomorrow, sculpting at PB! Can't wait!

You cannot use the Brisa lite top and base without the smoothing gel in the middle.
The base coat actually anchors the smoothing gel to the natural nail, does not smooth the nail, that is where the smoothing gel comes in, then the top coat. It is a system.
To get the best out of the system and understand how it works training will be available as soon as we can organise our dates.
Therefor in answer to your question, there would be no point to buy just the top and bottom as it needs the Brisa smoothing gel part as it is key in the smoothing. The kit is excellent value for money!

Thank you for that,that's cleared a few things up for me

I am assuming we can use additives with both the smoothing and the sculpting systems?

I am going to pick up my intro pack tomorrow for smoothing, I am still not sure how sculpting fits in yet as I already have Brisa and L&P for those clients that are hard on their nails.

So ladies are we all rushing to buy Brisa Lite tomorrow or are we waiting on training dates etc.
I'm unsure on what to do!!

I'm unsure too! If kit is included with training then I'd rather wait but if it doesn't then I will buy tomorrow. Anyone know? I think I'll have to call S2 in the morning, I bet they will be inundated with calls tomorrow!

Latest posts

Back