Bruised Bikini Line

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Bombini - I'm booking up with Kim for all of my therapists cos I think everyone should be waxing to the same standard. I guess some people find it hard adapting to change.

Well at least this way they will all be confident with the new product and excited about their new learned or updated skills. :hug:

Well at least this way they will all be confident with the new product and excited about their new learned or updated skills. :hug:

I can't wait!!! He he, I waxed Steve's back today cos I'm so excited! We both agreed I need to practice before! :hug:

Lots of great input here. Do you have your clients sign a release form that goes over medications and also lists possible reactions? So many little things can cause reactions, some large and some small. Of course someone will tell everybody when something goes wrong! Waxing is an agressive service and things will go wrong no matter how much experience someone has. After all, doctors kill people during surgery when things go wrong (that was dramatic wasn't it?) and we sign forms saying we know this may happen.

Life and bookings happen, your employees should use what you want them to use as long as you have very clear definations. Support your estie publicly and speak with her privately. Apologize to the client and ask her what you can do to make her happy. Just ask her, she may come up with something very simple and whether she turns into a client or not she can still leave with a good impression.

I've spoken to the client and she's not able to come in until Saturday to show me the bruising. She has said that she's taken photos and will bring them in.

She's really not happy and wants the therapist to be 'sorted out' and is demanding to come in and look through ALL of her certificates. I'm confident that she's waxing correctly, and can't for the life of me think why this happened.

I can only think of Kim's earlier response to say to her.

Can people take these things further? I'm not going to sack her for it!!

I've spoken to the client and she's not able to come in until Saturday to show me the bruising. She has said that she's taken photos and will bring them in.

She's really not happy and wants the therapist to be 'sorted out' and is demanding to come in and look through ALL of her certificates. I'm confident that she's waxing correctly, and can't for the life of me think why this happened.

I can only think of Kim's earlier response to say to her.

Can people take these things further? I'm not going to sack her for it!!

Your staffs certificates are nothing to do with her......they are YOUR business. Do as I said and if she's not happy, then let her do what she's got to do. Call your insurers for their advice as she's trying it on. Anyway, a photo of bruising could be fake (make up). xx

I don't mind showing them, I just can't understand what she wants me to do! I'll ask her on Saturday..... can it be classed as negligence? Or is it something that is very difficult to prove? Luckily my dad works for the insurance company we're with..... I'll get on the phone!

Hi I actually think that a client should be able to view certificates/qualifications if they desire. Why withhold them? It was not long ago that Collin was suggesting some sort of card to prove one was qualified!!

However people do tend to get fired up and usually back down when handled in the right manner, which I am sure you will do.

Perhaps you will never get to the bottom of it. Is she a long term client? I think you will have to base it on how long she has been a client.

Hope it resolves on all sides.:)

Your staffs certificates are nothing to do with her......they are YOUR business. Do as I said and if she's not happy, then let her do what she's got to do. Call your insurers for their advice as she's trying it on. Anyway, a photo of bruising could be fake (make up). xx

I could not agree more.

Im sorry but i really need to say that saying to your client "no you cannot see my therapists certificates" is going to get her back up even more. Im sure she isnt pulling a fast one, if she rang quickly and told you the problem. She has every right to be pissed off! Wouldnt you??

Your client wants to make sure that she has been waxed by a proffessional. If you show her the certificates, then she cannot argue about that issue anymore. Therefore, i think she will be willing to resolve the matter more amicably.

If she doesnt report the matter to a doctor who will obviously know if its make up or not, then she has no case against you with the insurance. However if the bruising is real then she does and we all know this. That is why we have insurance isnt it?

Being awkward in these situations and playing the big "i am" will do more harm than good. Try not to stress out too much. As the other say, it could have happened for many reasons.

xx

I am not feeling like those of us with a lot of experience are playing the 'big gun' here at all. I feel very strongly that we should make the client happy and that needs to be our first and last goal. That the question is "what can I do to make you happy"? I feel like showing certificates is almost like being on the defense and still does not prove that the technician is competent, anyone can get a certificate.

On the other hand, there are clients that will not be made happy and do work salons. I believe this is a very small percentage, but they are out there! Again, I will stress that the first goal is to make the client happy and I think the salon needs to control the situation.

Hi I agree that having a certificate does not always mean that the therapist is any good but it does mean that they have passed a certain level of competency. I have been in salons where you are shown to do something but no formal training has taken place.

I feel as a consumer/client that you have the right to check qualifications and at least know that the salon is complying to insurance regulations.

Denying this to the client will alienate her more and look like you have something to hide. Do we not want an open and transparent culture?

This lady may or not be trouble but do not give her the fuel to spread more negative publicity. Handle this in a dignified open way and most people will back down.

Hi I agree that having a certificate does not always mean that the therapist is any good quote]

That is exactly why my students only get a cert when they can prove to me that they've 'got it'. They are invited back free of charge to re-train when they feel ready to do so. I don't know many accredited courses that do that.

if the client flinched during waxing that could have cauzed her to bruise i think she may be stressing things a bit as in collage a girl waxed me and i looked black and blue but it wasnt painful (oviously you dont want this for your clients and i dont mean that you would) also brusing normaly goes down within a few days

also had she been at the gym or a sunbed or sommit like that before you normaly find that they have they just dont wanna say cauz ther in the wrong

Hi there

Bruises appear where tiny blood vessels, called capillaries, have broken or burst, leaking blood under the skin. The blood vessels burst as a result of banging or hitting your skin.

Some people are naturally more likely to bruise than others, for example, because they don't have as much fat. Unusual bruising is sometimes a symptom of illness.

Treat bruises on your skin by limiting the bleeding. You can do this by cooling the area with ice packs. Place ice cubes or frozen vegetables in a plastic bag, wrap in a towel, and press over the area. Arnica won't help.

Deb379

Has anyone in the salon seen the bruise since the client complained? Do you really think its as bad as she is making out? Or is she trying it on to get a freebie? Is she normally a nice client whilst being waxed? Was she jumping around to make the therapist nervous?

I know it takes one client to damage your reputation, but please find out a bit more about the situation. The only thing I would offer is a free wax next 4weeks or so. Obviously she will say 'I dont want THAT Therapist again'.
The poor Therapist is probably beating herself up about the situation. And its only 1 of her clients who have complained so far.

Not everyone's skin is the same. For some reason I dont think that bruising occurs ONLY from not stretching the skin accurately.

Hi Everyone

Thanks for all of your replies.

I have since spoken to my insurance company, and they've informed me that by giving her a refund I'm accepting full responsibility that it's something we've done wrong. Giving her a voucher for her next wax is pretty much the same thing. And that if I'm sure it's not negligence I shouldn't do so as she could always take me to court.

I'll see how it goes when she comes in on Saturday. In this business you can't please everyone. I'll show her my therapists certificates and offer my apologies that she's unhappy and take it from there.

Hi Everyone

Thanks for all of your replies.

I have since spoken to my insurance company, and they've informed me that by giving her a refund I'm accepting full responsibility that it's something we've done wrong. Giving her a voucher for her next wax is pretty much the same thing. And that if I'm sure it's not negligence I shouldn't do so as she could always take me to court.

I'll see how it goes when she comes in on Saturday. In this business you can't please everyone. I'll show her my therapists certificates and offer my apologies that she's unhappy and take it from there.

I hope things work out ok for you.

I think she's highly unlikely to sue over a bruise. After all, it's probably gone by now. It's only a bruise!

My dentist removed two of my teeth by mistake, totally his fault, totally indefensible, they are never going to grow back, and I got awarded 2k. It's not a lot of money for irreversible damage. A solicitor would probably laugh at a client who wanted to claim over a bruise.

Unless she was a playboy model and missed out on a photo shoot :lol:

I agree with Lori, things can go wrong, that's life, I would be asking her what I can do to make her happy :biggrin:

Sometimes with people it's not the problem that's the problem, but the way you deal with it that is the problem - hope that makes sense:confused:

For eg if you went to a restaurant, were kept waiting ages & no-one kept you up to speed, you wouldn't be too keen to go back there. However, if a waiter/ress came over, apologised for the delay, gave a reason for it & even better still offered a drink on the house for your inconvenience, not only would you be more likely to go back, but you'd be more inclined to say to others about how great they were.

With regards to salon clients who haven't been happy with eg eyebrows or bikini for whatever reason, I have found that those I don't apologise to or offer a refund to, we never see again.

Instead, if we do get a complaint we just say that we're sorry they weren't happy ( don't mention why they aren't) & offer their next treatment FOC. By far the best way of damage limitation.

The fact that she's said something is good though, because at least you have a chance to rectify the situation. Most clients just stop coming in, go elsewhere & run you down to all & sundry.

(ps I was once sued many moons ago by a client just because I didn't apologise as advised by insurers)

Hi as well as doin beauty I also used work for in the insurance industry for a well known comp. (need extra pennies)
I didn't work in this exact field but I get a lot of pic and cases shown to me and asked general questions as they know I also work in our industry.

I do need to say by giving a refund you ARE admitting liability. I personally would do as you said show her certs and tell her you have no reason to doubt your staff. (afterall this girl has got on fine with everyone else).
As a good will gesture you could offer a disc on another treatment this si different from giving money back.

Zozo I thought the same but you'd be amazed the things ppl sue over.
claims for bruising was common, (some ppl even add there own make up to make it look worse!!!:mad: no jke!!) obv there are ppl who are just after money no matter what they don't care about our lively hood.

I hope you get this sorted hunni x

Zozo I thought the same but you'd be amazed the things ppl sue over.
claims for bruising was common, (some ppl even add there own make up to make it look worse!!!:mad: no jke!!) obv there are ppl who are just after money no matter what they don't care about our lively hood.

I hope you get this sorted hunni x

Ok, I accept there are idiots and nutters out there, but what would be a good reason to sue over a bruise, bearing in mind it's so short term? Because the solicitor does have to put a case forward. Not just what happened, i.e. a bruise, but why the client was affected so badly..

Latest posts

Back