can any leg waxer help me please...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tweeky

Reaction score
hi,
I know most salons use a strip with wax method for removing hair. Please can someone put me out of my misery and tell me what that really thickly applied wax is called, and where I can get it.

Do know what I meaning?

It is applied with back of a wooden spoon, its a really thickish layer then its left for a few seconds and then pulled off and the cold wax and removed hair is kind of recycled (well the wax part is!) I know its hot wax but what is its proper name so that I dont get the thin wax sold to me-so do I ask for at the beauty suppliers?
thanks man
tweeky xx:rolleyes:

hi tweeky:)
im not sure what you mean hun,but then i can be a bit simple at times:lol:
can you try and explain a little better hun and im sure i can help you xx

We don't recycle wax here in the UK, it's not allowed. You could use a Perron Rigot non strip wax but this would cost more and take more time.

What problem are you having with the strip wax? Maybe I can help you. xxx

Last edited:
hot wax or hard wax are the names by which I know it.
I think you'll find that these days they don't recycle the wax; it all gets chucked away!

Hot wax, hard wax, or depilitory wax...I used to work in the sales office of a well known supplier, and if someone asked me for any of these, I knew what they meant!
(But no, please don't re-use it...yuck!!)

hi,
I know most salons use a strip with wax method for removing hair. Please can someone put me out of my misery and tell me what that really thickly applied wax is called, and where I can get it.

Do know what I meaning?

It is applied with back of a wooden spoon, its a really thickish layer then its left for a few seconds and then pulled off and the cold wax and removed hair is kind of recycled (well the wax part is!) I know its hot wax but what is its proper name so that I dont get the thin wax sold to me-so do I ask for at the beauty suppliers?
thanks man
tweeky xx:rolleyes:
If your therapist is recycling wax i would run for the hills and find some where else :eek:

I think I know what you mean, its called hot wax and Nair do one in a tun which you heat in the microwave you apply it to the skin allow it to cool and harden then you pull the wax off without a strip, its in a square box in purple and white colours you could prob find it in superdrug or boots

I know of people who wax themselves and recycle the hot wax:eek:

I personally wouldn't do it myself but I don't think there's anything wrong it. It's a personal choice. I do agree however it is a big no no when working on the public!

wax was always recycled/filtered. it was a hot wax which was applied either with a wooden spoon or paint brush. the equipment had two heaters and as you removed the wx it ws put straight into the filter heater which was basically the same as the other ppot but with a hair filter over the top. this was the only wax method around at one time and we all used it. this was in the days when aids were something used to assist you and there was no thought of disease. it has not been used for over twenty years

I was trained when wax was recycled. It was a great big heater! I remember we all thought it was disgusting then but our tutor told us that it was heated to such a high temperature that it killed any bugs. As Fanella says AIDS was not an issue then and it was before such strict health and safety. I know that some therapists liked a wax that was well-seasoned (well-used) as it worked better. Of course that was in the days before there were added plasticisers in the wax as well. Much better now of course!!

I also trained in the days when hot wax was filtered.:eek:
Now days I still use it for things like bikini waxes or on underarms of very thin people (like my daughter where the armpit is very concave and a strip is difficult to handle) but I always throw it straight in the bin!

you guys are fab-brilliant really pleased thanks for your replies xxxxxxx:lol:

Latest posts

Back