Can anyone recommend a good spray-tan training course?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shopaholic42

Reaction score
Hi all
I am really new to Beauty Geek, and been a practicing Nail Technician for almost a year now. I started with a night course - did my manicure, H&S, nail extension and nail art units, then completed my training with Biosculpture for Gel. This is puddling away nicely, but would eventually like to break into this full time (I'm currently just doing it part time from home), but feel I need another "string to my bow" before I take the plunge. Can anyone recommend a course I can do at nights or distance learning - I thought maybe spray tanning would be good???
All suggestions very much appreciated.
Thanks

Kath x

Tantrick all the way i did my training with julie from manchester way and it was really good , so i imagine will be as good across the board :lol:

ditto! tantrick
did mine with laura from mkt harborough
great training and great product

Sienna X, I did my training with Jacq, in Haverfordwest, 'twas fabulous!! She is Roxy68 on this site if you need to PM her for info on Sienna X!!
xxxxxx

Tantrick all the way i did my training with julie from manchester way and it was really good , so i imagine will be as good across the board :lol:

Yes... we all are fantastic across the board! hehe...

On a serious note... There are a lot of companies out there, all do training, but not all are good! The amount of emails/PM's i get a week asking for hints and tips on tanning is UNREAL!!! All from girls that have already been trained!!

Hope you find some one good! xx

Hi,
I did my training with Sienna X. The training was fantastic, and they are very helpful after you've done your training, always on the end of the phone, and the price is very reasonable. The solution is a gorgeous colour and goes on really easy. My trainer was Jacqueline in Haverfordwest. Roxy 68 on here.

I haven't started mine yet (doing in on thursday, so excited!) but so far my experiences with Lee at tantrick have been absolutly brilliant xx

I trained with Tantrick with *Tracey* who covers herts and beds.Excellent training and on going support.

hi i done my training with BEAU BRONZE had a fantastic day with Abi and Vanessa and they are great girls .

I agree with the others...definitely consider doing training with either Sienna X or Tantrick

xx

I agree with the others...definitely consider doing training with either Sienna X or Tantrick

xx

And some new exciting news out today is that Tantrick now have a fabulous new HVLP Intro Kit available for trainees which is excellent value for money and comparitive with other similar machines that are on the market... very similar to the T200 but aimed at a more conservitive budget. So... there is a choice for everyone's budget now and fantastic training to boot... Whoo hoo! :hug:

Hi Everyone,

I'm new here so would firstly like to say hello to all of you! :)
Was just wondering if anyone knows if tantrick do a training course anywhere in West Sussex? What dates and times they are? I've been on their website but can't seem to find any info on course venues or dates.

Thanks very much :hug: xx

Hi Everyone,

I'm new here so would firstly like to say hello to all of you! :)
Was just wondering if anyone knows if tantrick do a training course anywhere in West Sussex? What dates and times they are? I've been on their website but can't seem to find any info on course venues or dates.

Thanks very much :hug: xx

That would be denise Holland,good luck :hug:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi I have done a tantrick course and a course with Vani-t. The latter one was in my opionion was alot better...for a start the product is fab....the best I have ever used.

Last edited by a moderator:
The amount of emails/PM's i get a week asking for hints and tips on tanning is UNREAL!!! All from girls that have already been trained!!

me too Gemma!! it's unbelievable, some of the basics aren't even being covered :eek:

me too Gemma!! it's unbelievable, some of the basics aren't even being covered :eek:

I agree with you agreeing with Gemma (if you get what I mean).:lol::lol:

There is a desperate need for standardisation of training minimum level requirements here in the UK.

We find ourselves dealing with an increased level of problems individuals have had with their initial chosen training and have basically had to start again with them.

Given the oveall investment in setting up as a spraytan operator I just cant get my head around how low the cost of proper training is in comparison to the overall setting up costs and how many companies compensate by offering "substandard" levels of training.

I just wish more companies as well as individules would actually treat the aspect of adequate training as being of the utmost importance to the long term sucess of the buisness venture they were setting out on.

Without fully trained,competant and insured spraytan operators (who have achieved a minimum level of compitence) this sector will get a bad name and if that ever does happens...well were all in trouble.

Please take training seriously :hug:

GET THE SKILL,QUALIFICATION AND CERTIFICATION which will in the long term bring success to your buisness :hug:

The trouble is as a newbie starting out in spray tanning you don't know what the training is like until you have done it and it's too late (unless you are a geek lol), then you realise you didn't get shown how to clean out your gun etc but you were shown loads of different spray tan machines that you could buy instead because the person doing the training gets a % if you buy a package so it is more in their interest to show you that than give you proper traininig :eek:

I think it is better for the person being trained to have already purchased their equipment and then be trained using that particular model, this is how I was trained, that way the training can focus on actually teaching rather than selling which sadly seems to be happening in some cases :irked:

It must be in the interest of the spray tan company to provide good training to the people who will be going out promoting their company, that way they will have a good client base which = more solution sold which = more profit, good for everyone! If someone who has had poor training goes and sprays someone with 'XYZ' product and does a shoddy job it will probably be the solution that gets the blame rather than the technician, and we all know that bad reputation spreads faster than good unfortunately!

I trained with Tantrick via Laura at Market Harborough.

Brilliant product - excellent training!

Tantrick all the way!

Hi,
I have been on two different courses. Tantrick and Liquid-Sun/Vani-t course.
Both were very good, but in my opinion the Liquid Sun one was better. I prefer the solution- gives a better colour-also a skin treatment at the same time.

Just depends on the person giving it, Liz from Vani-t was fantastic!!!!

Thanks
Sarah

Hi,
Both were very good, but in my opinion the Liquid Sun one was better. I prefer the solution- gives a better colour-also a skin treatment at the same time.

Just depends on the person giving it, Liz from Vani-t was fantastic!!!!

Thanks
Sarah
What is in the solution to give the skin a treatment at the same time ?

Latest posts

Back