Cartlon Institute, really that bad???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

janejane1234

Reaction score
hiya,
wondering if any 1 could help me??

Iam looking at doing a few beauty courses such as spray tanning and massage and came across carlton institute which has just what iam looking for and doesnt cost the earth to do. iam a complete beginner and jus looking to learn the basics and get a feel for things. do people recommend them? i seen another topic on here with some bad reviews and your advice would mean alot. many thanks. jane

Last edited:
oh no im going on a course with them on thurs, whats so bad about them?:cry:

Use the search facility at the top of this page and you will find lots of complaints,
sorry :hug:

But also some nice comments.

Sorry, but I really don't think it's right to slam any particular company in this way. Stuff like this could make them go bust and it's not right and it's not fair.

I dont like the name of the thread its negative.

Sorry, but I really don't think it's right to slam any particular company in this way. Stuff like this could make them go bust and it's not right and it's not fair.

Exactly!

Going by articles in Trade magazines the Carlton Academy is expanding. So it is more than possible they have rectified any problem in their curriculum.
Just because 1 or 2 people did not recommend them or had a bad experience, some time ago, does not mean that they haven't taken the criticism on board and made changes.

I have heard many good reports lately regarding their training, seems as though they have teamed up with a local private college which already had a fantastic reputation.

my post wasnt ment to upset any 1 so sorry if it came across like that. thank u 4 your replys tho. i wasnt saying they are a bad company iam only going by what i have seen on another post on here reference nail courses and was asking for sum other opinions as different courses might have different reviews from people. sory again. :hug:

Last edited:
I have now done 3 courses at the Leicester Carlton Institute and they were 'OK'.

I found the courses enough to get you strarted and gain basic knowledge. The courses are quick intense learning so as long as you go on the courses expecting this you will not be disappointed.

The dates fitted in with me and location. At the time there were good offers on. My only gripe would be they book too many on the course therefore all three courses felt rushed and all over-ran in time. For example there was 9 on my waxing course with one trainer!!

Good luck with your choice. If they fit in for you and offer what you need then go for it

I think that training from any college is largely what you make it. If you don't do the reading, research and homework then you won't learn enough to be competent. It's worthwhile remembering that there is a world of difference between teaching and learning.

True.
In my last place of work (a Piercing studio) a colleague went on another forum, made some true, but damaging comments about a connected company.
The end result was...
The other company lost a heck of a lot of business, my
colleague was sacked, the company we worked for were threatened with court action,
& a whole lot of back-sliding & appologies were needed to sort the mess out. Thousands of pounds worth of damages were being talked about.
Twas very unpleasant.

:)

Sorry to be Miss Negative Knickers xx :hug: xx

True.
In my last place of work (a Piercing studio) a colleague went on another forum, made some true, but damaging comments about a connected company.
The end result was...
The other company lost a heck of a lot of business, my
colleague was sacked, the company we worked for were threatened with court action,
& a whole lot of back-sliding & appologies were needed to sort the mess out. Thousands of pounds worth of damages were being talked about.
Twas very unpleasant.

:)

Sorry to be Miss Negative Knickers xx :hug: xx

No, you are not being negative. It's great advice to be careful how you post.

My personal experiences with the calton institute in Windsor were good ones. I thought the staff were very helpful and friendly.

I did the spray tanning, inch loss body wrap, nail art (hand painted) and sports massage courses. I have no complaints with any of these classes at all. 4 of us on the tan class, 3 on the body wrap. Oh, i also did the make-up class. I'd already done a longer course a long time ago but needed a refresher class.

HTH xx

No personal experience, but I got a friend who only recently started the level 3 beauty therapy there and she is very impressed, she reccommended it. I may be looking to do the same course as her later in the year. I've done short intensive courses, and full college courses, and for me I think I learn better on the intensive ones, but that doesn't mean it's right for everyone.

She did it at Windsor by the way.

Hope that helps x x

From what Ive read on here in the past , there seems to be no complaints about their beauty training,just seems to be their nail courses!

I did my NVQ Electrolysis training with the Carlton Institute in Windsor a few years ago. The training was very good. I did initially two days introduction then had to build a portfolio over a few weeks before going back for a further two days for more training and the end exam. The school was very professionally run (in a beautiful setting too right oppoiste to Windsor Castle) and the staff were very confident and encouraging trainers. They are happy for follow up aftercare advise and are very approachable and friendly. If it was closer, I may have well done further training with them.

I would recommend it for their beauty courses. I didn't rate their beauty kits that you could buy.. I found them on the pricey side but yet very basic, this may suit some people starting out.

:hug:

well I attended myu course today, soory did I say attended I stood outside the address for over 30 mins waiting on someone coming along, she never arrived one of the other girls on the course had to phone Devon and they didnt know what was going on either! So my course was cancelled after we had all travelled various distances.

There was some really unhappy people today!!!!!

Fingers crossed someone turns up tomorrow

I did my spray tanning course via the Carlton Institure - Windsor, in hindsight I would of gone with a specific company that uses the products that I use now however for the basics and to get you going it was fine, friendly and helpful staff, only a few people in the class, overall for spray tanning I would recommend it! I havent been on any other courses with them but I would consider it.

xxxxx

I never listen to anyone that tells me something is bad. I'll try it for myself. Not everyone's perception is the same.
People that slate colleges are usually the ones that
Didn't do the full amount of training hours/ days
Were always late
Revised for NOTHING - failed all of their tests/assessments because of it
Didnt like one particular tutor
And I could go on forever.

I remember my tutor saying to us 'whilst being on this course, take what you want from it'
And that is so true.
Don't go on other peoples say so ...go for it!
I'm doing a body wrap course there soon and if i will go with a big list of questions to ask them about it. :) xxx

Latest posts

Back