Client didn't have money to pay?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She has said she will do a bank transfer tonight instead? Atleast she's contacted me? Instead of just not being there! We will see x

I hope you do not decide to work with this client again in the future! What a scammer, and you can bet she will want you to come over again and fix her up again.
Don't let her get away with it.
I hope you get all you money too...:)

We live in a so called civilised society and there are well established processes in place to deal with such transgressions.
I agree that you have lost nothing if the client never uses you again, but you will lose the moral high ground if you step outside the process.

I have been accused of bringing about the demise of someone's mental health, their marriage and the failure of their business. None of this is true. I have been subjected to malicious phone calls, threatening emails and a vexatious lawsuit. I could take the attitude that I am entitled to firebomb them and kick their dog to a bloody pulp but you know what? I, and therefore you, have no choice BUT to deal with crap like this properly, professionally and within the legal process.

You think I don't think it sucks? Well, it does. Big time. But you will lose if you start bad mouthing them.

Follow the process and you stand a better chance of winning.

Please don't give the general public any more ammunition when it comes to what they think of us.

My dads coming with me just incase as she made it quite clear on the phone I must be on my own???

Gosh it's starting to sound like a storyline from Spooks!

Its not every day, in a tense situation such as you have been describing, that the culprit 'makes it quite clear to you that you must be on your own' when you go to collect your money.

Very cloak and dagger on her part hence the 'Spooks' comment.

I had quite a few problems like this when I did mobile beauty, it has stopped now that I have my salon apart from the occasional "oh my, I'm terribly sorry but I've forgotten my purse. I'll head home and I'll be straight back!"
Anyway, when these things started to become more regular I was getting so upset and stressed with myself so I started making sure at the beginning of the appointment that they had the money on the premises and that they could pay me. Occasionally they would be 5 pounds short so I would make a note on their client record card that X amount would be paid on next appointment and make the client sign for it.

Hope things get better, and you get your money. Good luck x

I used to be a debt collector, send me her number :lol: (the number bits joke for the humourless amongst us) I know what you mean about the court bit, so would I just to make her pay up. Keep us posted.

HeHe, me too! I was a Debt collector years ago and I wont stand for anything now. x

I have been reading this thread and getting annoyed for you the more it's gone on, I would be fuming but would try to stay as professional as I could.

Make sure you keep hold if every single detail regarding all this even the receipt for your recorded delivery.

I really hope she pays you hun, just still use it as a learning experience. Unfortunately I still have to be like it with 'friends' who think it is fine to pay you when it suits them or 'forgetting' how much it costs.

Some seriously great advice from this thread though, I have learnt alot.

Sending hugs Xxx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

She has said she will do a bank transfer tonight instead? Atleast she's contacted me? Instead of just not being there! We will see x

So...... Did she do a transfer? (I'm guessing not, lol, but hoping she has! ) x

I have been reading this thread and getting annoyed for you the more it's gone on, I would be fuming but would try to stay as professional as I could.

Make sure you keep hold if every single detail regarding all this even the receipt for your recorded delivery.

I really hope she pays you hun, just still use it as a learning experience. Unfortunately I still have to be like it with 'friends' who think it is fine to pay you when it suits them or 'forgetting' how much it costs.

Some seriously great advice from this thread though, I have learnt alot.

Sending hugs Xxx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

I am trying trying my hardest to stay proffessional so annoying though hey :(

Nope still no sign of the money but, isn't it right that if you a bank transfer online it wil take a few days to show up? Can I go to my bank & see if there is something transferring?

Nope still no sign of the money but, isn't it right that if you a bank transfer online it wil take a few days to show up? Can I go to my bank & see if there is something transferring?

It will take a few days if she is a different bank to you! The bank should be able to tell you if there's a transfer processing I think, will just take a few days to clear! Fingers crossed hun! Well done so far chick :) it sucks, but you're doing the right thing by remaining as professional as possible xXx

You can choose wether it goes in instantly or you can choose a date for it to go in x

With every bank transfer I have had its always been in my bank within 3 hours,most there instantly but might take 3 days but your bank can tell you whether there is money waiting to come in or not.

I think she is trying to fob you off to be honest. Not sure how you have kept your cool when someone has been so disrespectful.

Hope you get it sorted soon x

Depends if both banks are part of Faster Payment something or other. If they are the payment will go within 2 hours. If not it will take 2-3 working days.

I really hope you get the money you are owed.

Hi there can't believe this is still going on :( my boyfriend is in nat west and offen puts money in my account which is co-op and it's in within the hour. If its getting to you Hun maybe right it off as a lesson, as not worth you getting upset and wound up :( x x

Hi there can't believe this is still going on :( my boyfriend is in nat west and offen puts money in my account which is co-op and it's in within the hour. If its getting to you Hun maybe right it off as a lesson, as not worth you getting upset and wound up :( x x

My boyfriend often does this to and it goes in instantley..
i dont even know where to start with telling you all whats happened now,
been to a funeral this morning and then back on to trying to sort this crap out :( No sign of money, i have called my bank and there is no money pending to go in becasue they said they can see everything pending ect.
SO i emailed her before i went to funeral explaining i still have no payment blah blah and i hear nothing...so after the funeral i called her work AGAIN, they say she isnt working today? so i went round to her house...and again he house mate answers and gets very at my throat i asked if she has any intention on paying me and she laughed...i said is there another phone i could get hold of her on and she laughed and shut the door...i cannot describe just how angry i am :( looks like im not going to get the money now really? Thing is..im not the type to give up, i wanna push it as far as i can to get the money! i do not understand WHY i shouldnt get the money, she goes to work and her work pay her i go to work and she doesnt pay me? it just isnt fair! i think my next step is to go round one morning when she is leaving for work! OHHHH i really dont know! :(

I can't believe the nerve of this customer.

Did you speak to the police? Maybe if they call around it'll make her pay.

been to a funeral this morning and then back on to trying to sort this crap out :( No sign of money, i have called my bank and there is no money pending to go in becasue they said they can see everything pending ect.
SO i emailed her before i went to funeral explaining i still have no payment blah blah and i hear nothing...so after the funeral i called her work AGAIN, they say she isnt working today? so i went round to her house...and again he house mate answers and gets very at my throat i asked if she has any intention on paying me and she laughed...i said is there another phone i could get hold of her on and she laughed and shut the door...i cannot describe just how angry i am :( looks like im not going to get the money now really? Thing is..im not the type to give up, i wanna push it as far as i can to get the money! i do not understand WHY i shouldnt get the money, she goes to work and her work pay her i go to work and she doesnt pay me? it just isnt fair! i think my next step is to go round one morning when she is leaving for work! OHHHH i really dont know! :(

Did you try calling the police?? As I can't remember seeing a reply stating you did, definitely call them or call them back and explain what has now gone on.. Surely something can be done else nobody would pay mobile therapists if they knew they could get away with it xx

Her behavious is not unbelievable; people do this all the time.
I have added a standard debt letter to the salon geek dropbox if anyone wants to use it.
I've said this before but it bears repeating.
There is a process to be followed for such matters. However tempting it may be do not step outside of that process otherwise you run the risk of losing on a technicality.

Ah hun im sorry to hear that :hug: the last thing you need today xx
I am also the type of person to keep going if im in the right but you have to think the trouble and stress she is causing you (without getting more wound up)My partner has his own bussiness and i aske him what he would do, he said put down to a lesson or your gonna make yourself ill trying to track the silly c*w down. You are using your time and energy on her and she not worth it hun. Send what Lynne Baker said and dont hold your breath but dont get wound up, she is not worth it :hug: plus i believe in karma so her time will come :wink2:xxx

Ive read every post and am getting wound up for you, but also picking up some good tips so I dont get caught out.

Do you have a local Community police officer? If so, you can ask them to accompany you to her house and try to get it out of her. Seeing you with a police officer might just kick her up the butt.
I'd definately contact your police helpline and see what they suggest. It is theft as many have said. Im like you and just would not be able to leave it so as much as I want to say forget it and move on. I cant. I wouldnt be able to. But I know DH would be straight on the door step, at 6'4" and big built he never gets hassle from anyone lol.
xx

Latest posts

Back