Client didn't have money to pay?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would let it go and move on xxxx

Such a horrible situation! Speak to citizens advice for clarification, but I'm sure with how successful Lynne is that she's right.

Send the letter, add the date. Type ur name, dont sign it (if she's a scammer she could copy ur signature) and leave it at that.

In regards to transfers all of mine have been instant. I even payed one salon with a transfer when booking my mum a present. I only ever carry £5-10 cash because I lose things so easy I can easily lose my cash when getting a card out.

This wasn't a nice learning curve, but one you can act upon to prevent it in the future, such as quote the bill when booking so they know how much to have with them xoxo

I wouldn't give up out of principle. You can't walk into a restaurant,eat a 3 course meal then tell them you have no money and get away without paying so why should you do your treatments for nothing?
This person,for want of a better word,could well have done this before. She's clearly laughing her bloody head off with that stupid housemate of hers,so make damned sure you have the last laugh my love and take it to the top.
I would be furious if I were in your shoes but that makes me all the more determined and for me I would be like a dog with a bone.
Get legal advice and follow it through,then see who's ruddy laughing!:evil:

Her behavious is not unbelievable; people do this all the time.
I have added a standard debt letter to the salon geek dropbox if anyone wants to use it.
I've said this before but it bears repeating.
There is a process to be followed for such matters. However tempting it may be do not step outside of that process otherwise you run the risk of losing on a technicality.

Where do I find the letter hun?

Thank you all for your replies...iv decided I'm not giving up! I WILL get the money but I will do all the proffessional things to do first! Then if that doesn't work 2 can play her game :)

I initially read this post yesterday and thought I'd wait and see if you got your money before posting.

If I were you, I would send a letter advising that failure to pay in full within 7 days will result in the matter being reported to the police and either send it special delivery or hand deliver it (with 'delivered by hand' written on the envelope and posted through the letterbox if they won't open the door to you).

Hopefully this will be sufficient encouragement for her but if that money is not in your bank account (cleared!) or in your hand by close of business on the 7th day I would report this to your local police Safer Neighbourhood Team. Call 101 from any phone and ask to be put through to them. Have to hand details of every contact you've had with this woman and explain the situation rationally and professionally. Give them as much information about her as possible incl her place of work etc so that it is clear it is a simple matter for them to resolve.

Please don't worry about wasting their time; these teams are not the officers who routinely respond to 999 calls so you won't be taking them away from emergencies, and this woman has committed a criminal offence.

I expect they will offer to accompany you to her house and will 'politely suggest' it is in her best interests to pay up. At worst, the matter will be recorded so that next time (I have no doubt there will be a next time) this happens to another therapist or other service provider there is a clear pattern of behaviour - something which goes a long way to proving fraud.

It is obviously up to you how you proceed but this won't take up too much time or effort and might solve the problem quickly and cheaply.

Good luck hun, let us know how you get on X

Thank you all for your replies...iv decided I'm not giving up! I WILL get the money but I will do all the proffessional things to do first! Then if that doesn't work 2 can play her game :)

Ah well good for you :) its just a shame you have to go through it. Please keep us up dated on how you get on and good luck hun xxx

I have set up a salon geek folder on Dropbox.
If you want access to it then send me your email address and I will add you. You can them download any of the docs in there and use them at your leisure.
Please don't delete or modify any of them within the folder though, just download them and use them on your pc.

Hope you manage to get your payment x

Just got back of holiday after 10days.... &.... The money is in there :)

Thank you all for your help!
So happy I now have it x

So pleased . . . . and I hope you had a lovely time :)

Really pleased for you.:green:

Just got back of holiday after 10days.... &.... The money is in there :)

Thank you all for your help!
So happy I now have it x

Woohoo :) x

That's great news!

Yipeeeeee:biggrin:xx

Yay! Well done you for showing her you're no pushover! :hug:
xx

Now you can take a deep breath and relax. what some people put us through!

That's shocking I can't believe the cheek of her! I'm mad for you, imagine going into Starbucks having lunch coffee then saying oh dear no money:irked: they would call the cops just need to learn by it honey what goes around she will get bad luck back that is just nasty what she done so fly :irked:

Hope u get something good happen x

Latest posts

Back