Client says "But you're not trained!!"

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teri

Reaction score
Boy am I cross.

It's a bit long winded but please bear with me,

I did 3 sets of gorgeous nails a week and a half ago all at the same house.

One with lovely nail beds and two hurrendous biters. The lovely nail bed client had p&w, little silver glitter on the smiles and a couple of diamontes on the ring fingers, lovely, the first nail biter had p&w with glitter in zone 2 & 3, lovely, the other nail biter (bit of a goth) had black free edges, natural in zone 2 & 3 and red diamonte crosses on ringers fingers, again lovely. All L&P and I was very pleased. So were they!

I had a call 2 days ago from the last nail biter (black free edges) she had lost the middle finger on her left hand would I replace it this Thursday as her friend would like a set too, I said Yes and booked her and her pal in. She then rang me back and asked if I would go over yesterday and replace the one she had lost but wouldn't be able to pay me until Thursday. I said No! I wasn't going to go 5 miles for £2.50 and then not even get the £2.50:grr: .

She text last night to say that she didn't want her nails done Thursday nor did her friend as they were going to go to the local NSS, she'd heard they were very good :eek: although we had the MMA chat. She said she would prefer to go to them as she had heard from a girl (who's nails I have never done) that I am not trained:mad: .

This is where I am finding it difficult not to phone her and rant I HAVE HAD TRAINING!!. It's not professional and I won't be ringing but I am angry.

I know that some may think my training was not the best training I could of had and well I am inclined to agree but nevertheless it still makes my blood boil with all the hard graft I put in.

Right rant over! Thanks for listening!!

I forgot to add the other two are perfectly happy, nails still on and said they will definitely be calling for maintenance appointments.

Teri x:hug:

Let her go. I don't think NSS do nails on credit either and I'm sure they won't pop round to repair a nail for £2.50.

aww hun, deep breath calm down, she not worth it, let her go to NSS, she'll soon wish youd done them for her

sending you hugs :hug: :hug: :hug:
nicky xx

aaaaah well....... ditch the goth:)
let her friends nails tell the story for you.
Keep on keeping on !!!!

Let them go to the NSS - they will learn the hard way!

And I'd text her back and tell her of your qualifications and to stop making slanderous comments. Clients like this you don't need.

OOOOOOh Im angry for you, but the best thing to do is just ignore the comments (comes with the territory) .

i agree, i would have to speak to her again to correct her that you are trained, because we all like clients for word of mouth. be polite about it, regardless of what training path you have taken you would have worked hard and put in alot of time and effort and you dont want clients like that putting you down.

enjoy the rest of your day!!

julia :smack:

I can imagine your blood is boiling ! But..............I wouldnt waste enerygy on following it up - she is quite plainly rude to text you as she did in the first place (most people wouldn't dream of saying those things). Let it wash over you and move on head held high. You know what you know - and what does she know ???????? Hrmph !:hug:

Thanks Geeks!

Yep! You're right!

The "goth" has been spoken too today and assures me she knew I was trained and that she doesn't listen to tittle tattle :rolleyes: , why say it then?????

I'm better off without, if this is how my relationship was going to pan out with her then I am best rid.

Apparently, she has RIPPED all her nails off anyway now ready for them to be overfiled on Thursday, good luck to her!!

Oh god bet you are savage and I would be too. I would call her and say you are sorry she feels that way and that if you feel the need to go elsewhere then thats fine but recommend to her to go anywhere but to the nss. That way you still are thinking about her best interests (just in case she blabs to her mates etc) but do confirm your qualifications to her just to get that bit off your chest!!! You dont need that type of client, if she has broke one already sounds like she will be calling you all the time and you will eventually tell her where to shove her nails she will get on your nerves that much!!!

Hi sweety,

Don't let her get you down hun, I trained with EN, and worked very hard to become a nail tech with them. I have just started out as a mobile with Gel & maintenance course, going on to do all 3 systems with them in future. If you have got a cert telling people that you are qualified then that should be enough.

big hugs:hug:

Nicky

better off out of it hun - i think you may have had trouble getting your money!! xx

better off out of it hun - i think you may have had trouble getting your money!! xx

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I think you're right.

As Carl says Keep on Keeping on!!

Don't worry about her hun. Tittle tattling, you will have plenty more clients and you wont have to put up with the stress you are now from them :hug: :hug:

let her get on with it she will soon see how great you are when her friends nails are all still on in three weeks and hers have fallen off and gone green (hee hee) no sorry thats horrible, chin up. i think who you train with isnt an issue its all the same technique its how hard you work at perfecting it after that matters,

Cheeky cow, some clients you are better off without, she probably would of ended up being a pain in the backside.:hug:

And I'd text her back and tell her of your qualifications and to stop making slanderous comments. Clients like this you don't need.

This is exactly what I would do.

I think you need to make her aware you are qualified. By not getting a response from you she may think that she is right as you haven't defended yourself.

This is exactly what I would do.

I think you need to make her aware you are qualified. By not getting a response from you she may think that she is right as you haven't defended yourself.

She's been spoken to and put straight, the more I thought about it, the more I felt this is something that had to be dealt with and quick.

Thanks mate! Teri x:hug: :hug:

She's been spoken to and put straight, the more I thought about it, the more I felt this is something that had to be dealt with and quick.

Thanks mate! Teri x:hug: :hug:

You've done the right thing imo ! :green: xx

Latest posts

Back