Clients to book appointments by text

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mollylolly

Reaction score
Hi All,

I just feel like I need to have a winge about clients who book appointments by text.

My advert has my Landline and Mobile number (both have a messages stating that I will call back a s a p), but for a few they feel that they need to text me in order to change or book an appointment. I find this really frustrating, as then you have to text back with dates/times of available spaces, and they by the time they come back (by text) the appointment has been taken, so we go over the whole process again. It's such a waste of time as it only take a min. to make the call and book/change appointment, or leave a message.

I know this is an ever evolving world of technology, and see my children texting with sparks coming off of their fingers, but for me I really struggle and I'm really slow.

Does anyone feel it's a little rude or is it me just being a Grumpy Old Woman

Sally X

The lady who does my waxing actually prefers her clients to book by text, so that she doesn't have to interrupt a treatment to answer her phone and whatnot...

I exchange a lot of texts with clients and it suits me fine, especially when I'm fully booked and my phone's on silent. However, if you don't like it, when you receive a text from a client, just ring them, rather than text them.

Just cos they text you doesn't mean you have to text them back....you can ring them as you have stated on your leaflets and arrange the appointments.

I get texts asking to change apts and don't mind...if i can arrange with 1 text back then i will if its going to be more in depth then i ring them.

i prefer to book by text but thats down to personal circumstances (working full time in a factory & not allowed to answer phone) i fully understand what you mean though, most of my clients text me twice within 10 mins and its all sorted but i do get the occassional person who takes an hour to text back and its awkward holding a booking.

You are not a grumpy old woman lol Everyone is different.
Personally I rather they txt me to be honest. I can then reply in my own time and have all the info in the text to put into my book. I agree that sometimes it can get a bit confusing though.
I would just ask my clients to ring instead if I didn't like it. Txting is not for everyone xxx

I never answer the phone when I am with a client, that is why I have a message on both my landline and mobile to say that I'll phone back as soon as I am free.

The reason for this post is that I have been backwards and forward with one client for nearly a week now trying to book her an appointment. I do return her texts with a phone call and ask her to give me a ring, but still she texts. I just find it incredible, that in just one phone call the appointment could have been booked at a convient time for us both instead of all this "faffing" about.

Sally:rolleyes:

I never answer the phone when I am with a client, that is why I have a message on both my landline and mobile to say that I'll phone back as soon as I am free.

The reason for this post is that I have been backwards and forward with one client for nearly a week now trying to book her an appointment. I do return her texts with a phone call and ask her to give me a ring, but still she texts. I just find it incredible, that in just one phone call the appointment could have been booked at a convient time for us both instead of all this "faffing" about.

Sally:rolleyes:

I would send her a text just saying..

"sorry i cant arrangements appointments via text but please do ring me and if i am with a client i will ring you back"

Then leave it at that and don't reply to any further texts....if she has her phone to text you then she must be able to hear it ring too...:lol:

Hi Angie

Good idea, I think I will do that in future.

In fact, I think I may telephone her from my landline and tell a little white lie and say I've lost my work mobile, so could she ring me in future.lol:lol:

Sally

I do not mind my clients texting me, most will text me as they are aware that I am busy with clients or students. I will often text back as soon as I am able if my answer is quick, otherwise I phone them. The only thing that gets to me is when they text late in the evening when I am off in la la land " can you do an urgent repair tomorrow, let me know asap", :lol: of course I reply first thing in the morning and the greet my client with a smile, all in the name of customer service - such great actress's we are:lol:

Just cos they text you doesn't mean you have to text them back....you can ring them as you have stated on your leaflets and arrange the appointments.

I get texts asking to change apts and don't mind...if i can arrange with 1 text back then i will if its going to be more in depth then i ring them.

I do the same.

Have you thought of setting up a few templates in your phone then all you need to do is send it. I have a few for special offers and lots of other info so I can send it out to many people in less than a minute.

All my regulars book in via text msg. I dont mind, as I always know what they need in relation to maintenance, full sets, what ever - they have been having nails applied long enough with me to know to tell me if they need repairs or no.
All my new clients ring me, leave a msg and I ring them back - no issue.
I think if you become close enough to your regulars, they respect the time you have together, some of mine even have a cuppa waiting for me when I arrive (lol - no wonder I take so long).
I have made some very good friends this way.

This all makes me wonder how appointments will be booked in the future.....telepathy??? :lol:

How things evolve over time eh?

I guess it comes down to personal choice. I think Angie's idea was great though.

For me personally....I have a terrible 'fear' of the phone....I hate phoning people.
I don't mind answering a phone but even then it is never convenient for me because I have a toddler who wants to speak to EVERYONE who phones me and screams blue murder until he does....and thats if he doesn't get there first......

It's also easier for me for someone to text for an appointment because I have a record of it on my phone and I am not scrapping about for a pen or paper or driving and having to pull over.
If necessary I can always phone back...and at a time when it is convenient and my diary is in my hands....

You are not a grumpy old woman Sally....just someone who likes to keep it traditional and 'real'....xxxx

Latest posts

Back