CND Additives

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would like to know too please x

Can i ask where you bought from from? X

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Hi, I bought my powders from a store called 'the colour shack' which has a shop on ebay. You can buy them loads of places as they can be used in making your own cosmetics & soaps, henna, clay modelling etc. so lot's of crafts stores stock them.

If you buy red, yellow, blue, (primary colours) along with black and white you can then mix up any colour you want.

It is true that many of us have indeed been using pigments with Shellac and it is fun and the results are really good.

What CND have provided for technicians in the Additives kit is really pretty cool for the real artists among us and for those who would like to learn something new, is the ability and the wherewithall to have the freedom to create your own colours ... Hundreds of colours, shades and hues with just the small investment in one kit rather than buying hundreds of colours and once again having them sit unused on the shelf and not earning money.

If many were honest, they would agree that they have wasted hundreds of pounds on colours they do not use in a month of Sundays. CND always try to make life easier for technicians and also cost efficient.

It is really fun to mix your own colours and it is not difficult with a little tuition in colour theory and someone to show you how; in fact very rewarding to have the freedom to create whatever your client would like, whether it is to match the colour of an outfit or to pick out a colour in a design., without having to buy in a colour specially and never use it again. They love watching you do it and feel very special. Another service that will elevate you above the rest around you.

Thanks geeg for explaining the additives, so it is the answer to all those times when people are complaining why don't shellac have xyz colour! First there was layering and now with additives any colour is possible! It will be nice to have the official cnd products, especially if they are reasonably priced as it sounds like they will be. This is answering what people want and packaging it in an convenient way with education to go with it too.

I will stand by my comment that you can already offer this, Colour theory is really easy. I'm sure everyone already knows the basics... red + yellow equals orange etc and if you aren't familiar with tint/shade/tone you can buy a pocket colour wheel from any art shop to work out how to get the colour you want quicker.

I expect the cnd class will get a bit more technical, such as teaching you how to make a colour cool or warm to suit the clients skin tone.

Yeay, I am actually looking forward to when these launch now and hearing more about the techniques. Maybe there will be a group for the geeks on here who use additives where they can share their colour recipes!

Last edited:
I phoned S2 yesterday and was told it will be sometime in August as they haven't received the stock yet :(

That's exactly what I thought x

Of course ... there will ba a class to support the additives, and in it you will learn something really new for most people which is all about colour and creating the colours you want ! Once you really learn about colour it will take you in directions you didn't realise and it will make you so much more versatile in your work.

Let's put it this way ... If my friend Marian Newman could not mix whatever colour designers want for their images and runways, she would not be doing the work she now does nor enjoy the reputation she now has. It's all about colour!

I know some think it's 'easier' to spend and just go out and buy a colour ... But it is wasteful and expensive compared to being able to create it yourself, and it doesn't help you to grow! The Additives kit supported with education if you need or want it (it will not be a mandatory class) will be offered as always and will be available through all the usual channels.

Isn't this the thing though? It's one of the skills that sets a true professional apart. Anyone can pick a colour off the shelf but who can provide a client with the EXACT shade that's been created just for them? Yes, of course it's a marketing story but one with education and help.

Some of my 'clients' can spot a half tone out at 50 paces! (including Mr Mark Jacobs of Louis Vuitton who has just taken me to Shanghai, first class all the way, because I can create the EXACT colour by mixing! Bit extreme I know but just an example:o:o:o:o:o:smack:)

Geeg said the Launch and demo day in Leeds was the 23rd! Which is this Monday ! So not long at all.

Thankfully I am a patient geek, and will wait until Sunday 5th August for the demo day at the Scottish distributors The Fingertips Centre, to see Additives in action before I buy.

I'm going to go aswell izzi! I will maybe see u there.

Of course ... there will ba a class to support the additives, and in it you will learn something really new for most people which is all about colour and creating the colours you want ! Once you really learn about colour it will take you in directions you didn't realise and it will make you so much more versatile in your work.

Let's put it this way ... If my friend Marian Newman could not mix whatever colour designers want for their images and runways, she would not be doing the work she now does nor enjoy the reputation she now has. It's all about colour!

I know some think it's 'easier' to spend and just go out and buy a colour ... But it is wasteful and expensive compared to being able to create it yourself, and it doesn't help you to grow! The Additives kit supported with education if you need or want it (it will not be a mandatory class) will be offered as always and will be available through all the usual channels.
I'm going to definitely hold off buying until I can attend a class :))

Hi, I bought my powders from a store called 'the colour shack' which has a shop on ebay. You can buy them loads of places as they can be used in making your own cosmetics & soaps, henna, clay modelling etc. so lot's of crafts stores stock them.

If you buy red, yellow, blue, (primary colours) along with black and white you can then mix up any colour you want.

Thanks geeg for explaining the additives, so it is the answer to all those times when people are complaining why don't shellac have xyz colour! First there was layering and now with additives any colour is possible! It will be nice to have the official cnd products, especially if they are reasonably priced as it sounds like they will be. This is answering what people want and packaging it in an convenient way with education to go with it too.

I will stand by my comment that you can already offer this, Colour theory is really easy. I'm sure everyone already knows the basics... red + yellow equals orange etc and if you aren't familiar with tint/shade/tone you can buy a pocket colour wheel from any art shop to work out how to get the colour you want quicker.

I expect the cnd class will get a bit more technical, such as teaching you how to make a colour cool or warm to suit the clients skin tone.

Yeay, I am actually looking forward to when these launch now and hearing more about the techniques. Maybe there will be a group for the geeks on here who use additives where they can share their colour recipes!

Thank you I dont think the Colour Shack ones on ebay are cosmetic grade though!

Last edited:
Creative Acadeny in Bournemouth have had to cancel their Additives Launch on 23rd it's just been announced on their FB page. Due to shipment not reaching them in time. What a shame.... I was going to go to the launch :(

Hi ladies, yes I'm afraid you are right ,we had no choice but to cancel the CND Additive launch day at the Bournemouth Academy, however the launch at LEEDS at S2 HQ has NOT been cancelled :)

As soon as we have a concrete date we will release the next open day... it's going to be great!

Thank you I dont think the Colour Shack ones on ebay are cosmetic grade though!

hi they sell different types but some of the sets are cosmetic grade.

can't wait for the 5th.... might pop a kinkyboots badge on!...lol....

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Have heard, there may be an additives course near me pretty soon too....sooo excited xxx

What are these people?

I clearly have had my head in the sand for the latest 2 weeks!
Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek

Just ordered my kit from S2, cant wait for them to arrive :)

Has anyone received theirs yet??

If so please share your photos, i'd love to see what people have done so far :lol:

I ordered mine this morning too ....it's like christmas :)

I have merged 2 threads started this morning with this one that has already been running for a few days.
Can we keep all the Additives posts on here please to save clogging the boards. Thanks.

Quick question also, I purchased the kit, but this only comes with 6 colours, are the others available to purchase already?

Quick question also, I purchased the kit, but this only comes with 6 colours, are the others available to purchase already?

I asked SS this today , they said they are expecting the rest of the colours around the 2nd of August but couldn't confirm that date for definite .....EDIT***** they are now online to order with SS and all of the colours so im now confused lol x

Last edited:
The prices of the Additives and Additives Kit is very reasonable! The kit is priced at such that you can buy it just to trial and play about even if you don't offer to clients initially. Very reasonable.

I asked SS this today , they said they are expecting the rest of the colours around the 2nd of August but couldn't confirm that date for definite .....EDIT***** they are now online to order with SS and all of the colours so im now confused lol x

Thanks Jackie! I've just ordered online xx

Me too! :lol: Just need to find out what im supposed to do with them now! sooo excited, even by the silver box, its mega cool!

Latest posts

Back