CND Additives

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I feel like I'm missing something here, what exactly is so special about the CND additives??

People have been using pigments with shellac for quite a while already and you can buy a set of mica or mineral pigment powders for very little. Obviously the advertising + support + nail art tutorials CND are bringing out are great but if it's something you or your customers want then you could already be offering it!

I feel like I'm missing something here, what exactly is so special about the CND additives??

People have been using pigments with shellac for quite a while already and you can buy a set of mica or mineral pigment powders for very little. Obviously the advertising + support + nail art tutorials CND are bringing out are great but if it's something you or your customers want then you could already be offering it!

My thoughts exactly! I have been offering this to my clients for over a year now. I am CND trained and of course I will try them out but don't see what the fuss is about

Most of us on this thread are quite new and currently training with cnd, some have just finished l&p and gel, and some of us are doing l&p next week so we are just starting to get to grips with shellac nailart, let alone what you can do with l&p and gel!!

We were really looking forward to our 1st big launch and to us additives are new and exciting :D xx

Oh right. I was hoping there was something more to it as CND have such a great reputation for innovation + superior products.
Seems like its simply a triumph of marketing and hype rather than anything new or substantive. Bit disappointed really. Sure the product launch will be fun for you though!

That's a shame you feel like that, have you been in the nail industry long?

As I said, I'm just starting out and really looking forward to having a go with these...the video tutorials do look good.

My creative side has been hidden for years (that's my excuse anyway :lol:), so I'm looking forward to attending seminars/courses to help me along and to help me get the best from the product xx

Just thinking with a business head, you don't need to feel sad for me that I can see past advertising. I've actually just ordered a set of 24 mica powders (cosmetic grade) so I can have a play with these straight away!

I'm just starting up as well and working my way towards the CND complete course so I do think they have some fab products (doesn't follow that everything they make is a must though). The launch seminar and nail art designs that they are bringing are great though so as I've said the event itself will be fun.

I think everyone on here thinks with a business head, whatever they are using.

Most brands need marketing and hype...that's just a sign of the times. I just think it's a shame when people can't be a bit more enthusiastic about products they haven't even tried. I haven't tried any pigment/powders so I don't know which brand I would prefer, but I do know the difference between quality of other products (ie. nail polish, whether Rimmel or cnd), obviously down to my own personal preference.

CND additives obviously have a place in the market and as a nail professional I think it is a must have...even if just to try them out, (variety is the spice of life as they say) before being negative about them. Although I don't think that will happen. I think any new product should be seen as exciting...if you don't like them once you have tried them, then that's a different story and you have something to be unenthusiastic about xx

I'm from Oklahoma, US and they had the additives kit in our July supply book. Red, yellow, blue, black and an iridescent color with a travel case and 4 or 5 brushes cost approximately $xx Individual jars are in the holiday catalog and I think they were between $x-xeach.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm gutted was soooo looking forward to this, these things can't be helped but I do agree it's annoying if they have ended up on eBay before we have even had a look x

I was in Creative Ireland today picking up a few bits and pieces and they had the additives kit, I didn't bring enough cash with me this time but I'll definitely be back to get them soon. I think it's exciting but I'd like to do a class first I think just to try and get the most from them first so I'll hold off a bit until I can sort that out

Just thinking with a business head, you don't need to feel sad for me that I can see past advertising. I've actually just ordered a set of 24 mica powders (cosmetic grade) so I can have a play with these straight away!

I'm just starting up as well and working my way towards the CND complete course so I do think they have some fab products (doesn't follow that everything they make is a must though). The launch seminar and nail art designs that they are bringing are great though so as I've said the event itself will be fun.

Can i ask where you bought from from? X

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Hate it when they are on eBay x

I just got the additives today in the new kit although there are 12 colours I think I'm happy with the six in the kit, well for now anyway ;) just did my nails tonight and I'm really happy with the result. I waited for the additives to come out and never tried mineral powders but if you have been using other pigments I don't see the need in investing in the additives.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1342822264.370989.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1342822264.370989.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 1,469
It is true that many of us have indeed been using pigments with Shellac and it is fun and the results are really good.

What CND have provided for technicians in the Additives kit is really pretty cool for the real artists among us and for those who would like to learn something new, is the ability and the wherewithall to have the freedom to create your own colours ... Hundreds of colours, shades and hues with just the small investment in one kit rather than buying hundreds of colours and once again having them sit unused on the shelf and not earning money.

If many were honest, they would agree that they have wasted hundreds of pounds on colours they do not use in a month of Sundays. CND always try to make life easier for technicians and also cost efficient.

It is really fun to mix your own colours and it is not difficult with a little tuition in colour theory and someone to show you how; in fact very rewarding to have the freedom to create whatever your client would like, whether it is to match the colour of an outfit or to pick out a colour in a design., without having to buy in a colour specially and never use it again. They love watching you do it and feel very special. Another service that will elevate you above the rest around you.

If you are wanting to improve yourself, your skills, your knowledge and your business, then be smart and take a look at what using this one small kit can do and how much money you can infact save by learning to use it.

I will be showing you how on Monday 23rd in Leeds when we have an open day all day, which is free to attend, and where you can see how easy and quick it is to use them. The additives can be used not just with Shellac, but with L&P and Brisa gels to create some beautiful colours and effects for a fraction of the normal cost of buying in pre mixed. The pigments are not expensive and a little goes a VERY Long way. :D

Does anyone know when the actually launch date will be? Is it the 23rd ?

It is true that many of us have indeed been using pigments with Shellac and it is fun and the results are really good.

What CND have provided for technicians in the Additives kit is really pretty cool for the real artists among us and for those who would like to learn something new, is the ability and the wherewithall to have the freedom to create your own colours ... Hundreds of colours, shades and hues with just the small investment in one kit rather than buying hundreds of colours and once again having them sit unused on the shelf and not earning money.

If many were honest, they would agree that they have wasted hundreds of pounds on colours they do not use in a month of Sundays. CND always try to make life easier for technicians and also cost efficient.

It is really fun to mix your own colours and it is not difficult with a little tuition in colour theory and someone to show you how; in fact very rewarding to have the freedom to create whatever your client would like, whether it is to match the colour of an outfit or to pick out a colour in a design., without having to buy in a colour specially and never use it again. They love watching you do it and feel very special. Another service that will elevate you above the rest around you.

If you are wanting to improve yourself, your skills, your knowledge and your business, then be smart and take a look at what using this one small kit can do and how much money you can infact save by learning to use it.

I will be showing you how on Monday 23rd in Leeds when we have an open day all day, which is free to attend, and where you can see how easy and quick it is to use them. The additives can be used not just with Shellac, but with L&P and Brisa gels to create some beautiful colours and effects for a fraction of the normal cost of buying in pre mixed. The pigments are not expensive and a little goes a VERY Long way. :D

Do you know Gigi if there will be a course to show us how to use the additives? Unfortunately I'm unable to come to Manchester on 22nd, really disappointed that I can't :sad:

Geeg said the Launch and demo day in Leeds was the 23rd! Which is this Monday ! So not long at all.

Thankfully I am a patient geek, and will wait until Sunday 5th August for the demo day at the Scottish distributors The Fingertips Centre, to see Additives in action before I buy.

Do you know Gigi if there will be a course to show us how to use the additives? Unfortunately I'm unable to come to Manchester on 22nd, really disappointed that I can't :sad:

Of course ... there will ba a class to support the additives, and in it you will learn something really new for most people which is all about colour and creating the colours you want ! Once you really learn about colour it will take you in directions you didn't realise and it will make you so much more versatile in your work.

Let's put it this way ... If my friend Marian Newman could not mix whatever colour designers want for their images and runways, she would not be doing the work she now does nor enjoy the reputation she now has. It's all about colour!

I know some think it's 'easier' to spend and just go out and buy a colour ... But it is wasteful and expensive compared to being able to create it yourself, and it doesn't help you to grow! The Additives kit supported with education if you need or want it (it will not be a mandatory class) will be offered as always and will be available through all the usual channels.

Does anyone know when the actually launch date will be? Is it the 23rd ?

I phoned S2 yesterday and was told it will be sometime in August as they haven't received the stock yet :(

Latest posts

Back