CND Email - Vinylux Polish?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I no this may sound silly but would we be able to purchase a wall rack like the shellac one?i love the wall racks looks more professional :)

I use a lot of Iced Coral shame it won't be a colour, but I suppose they can't make every colour, and all depends whether you can layer or not, roll on the event so we can find out more!! x

You can layer CND Vinylux weekly polish but you can also mix it in the bottle!!!!!!! ..... Eeeeeek now that gets me excited!!! You can make your own version of Iced Coral and have it there ready to use! No need to layer, although you still can of you want too!!

You can layer CND Vinylux weekly polish but you can also mix it in the bottle!!!!!!! ..... Eeeeeek now that gets me excited!!! You can make your own version of Iced Coral and have it there ready to use! No need to layer, although you still can of you want too!!

I used it for layering over lots of different colours so fingers crossed will still be able to do that, so excited about creating new things!!!

I no this may sound silly but would we be able to purchase a wall rack like the shellac one?i love the wall racks looks more professional :)

I seen a pic earlier somewhere that showed a wall rack and a table revolving rack x

Er, it's nail polish. Possibly good to retail to customers if they need to repair (*if* the colours are matching) but really?? Seems to me that this should have come out before Shellac and seems to be going backwards.

This is perfect timing for me! I was just starting the process of changing my existing polish collection, at the moment I use OPI and wanted something more exclusive that isn't sold in boots! This week I was going to stock up on the CND original polishes, but I'll hold out for this collection now. Sounds like a fab product and an even bigger plus it will go with my Shellac range. :D

I don't think that's true hun....I saw this question in the FAQ's on the Industry Source article, and CND say no apparently, unless I read it wrong! lol

Q. Can you pour one bottle of VINYLUX into another bottle? To condense two bottles? To mix two different colors?
A. VINYLUX does not have effects for layering, however, sheer shades can always be used to layer for design.

CND Vinylux | The Industry Source

Hmmm there are so many things to reply to but I shall make points from my head and hope I help somewhat.

1. Yes we will still sell Stickey Base Coat and yes we will still sell Super Shiny. There are many that actually don't use CND polish but purchase those products to use with their chosen brand because they are he best!

2. Have any of you ever looked through the trade magazines and counted the number of polish ads v the number of 'gel polish' ads or compare them to 'other' ads? Since the launch of CND Shellac in 2010 and 'gel polishes', the enamel ads have gone up... Some of us count and look at stuff like that. For those who have said oh no, what about my Shellac clients... Think on these lines...

Before Shellac many of you did far more enhancements than you do now... Has it hindered you? No. In fact most of you tell us you are more successful since the launch of CND Shellac in 2010.

Your clients can go to Boots and buy polish... Professional brand polish... It hasn't stopped the professional from still buying those brands for their salons although I know it has irked many to the point of them wanting to change brands. The point is, the consumer can buy it in Boots but many STILL go to the pro for the treatment because... No one can paint nails like a nail pro can (or at least that should be the case)...:o

You must stop thinking that every time we launch something new, your clients must automatically stop using what you currently use to start using the new. As many have attested... You ASKED for Shellac match colours... You will now have 31 with many more to come. This gives you far more retail opportunities and yes... You will be knocked over by the trade price. Not everyone gets 14 days with CND Shellac just like not everyone can go 2 weeks without breaking an enhancement. This ladies, is about choice. You know the clients who want to be able to remove within 7 days because they get bored or they mess... Whatever, Vinylux is the perfect solution.

3. I want to give you that much more info but will not give everything away yet. Vinylux can be purchased exclusively from S2 and their DP's from May 1st. All the questions that I know you have, can be answered by calling S2 or waiting for the eBlasts and ads in the trade which you will see in May.

Finally those of you have said 'oh I would be so disappointed if this is what The Event is all about' shame on you for thinking that that is the case. THE Event is so much more and anyone going will testify to that by 5pm on Monday April 29th. :eek:

We have had various let's say 'rules' put onto us from CND in regards to the launch of Vinylux which we adhered to. The fact that it is 2 weeks until THE Event shows how hard we have worked to keep schtung but with the Internet being what it is... It is practically impossible to keep anything quiet until D day.

I am proud we have kept it this long and would like to personally thank the MODS of this bored who have been run ragged trying to close threads with the V word as this is what was asked of us from CND. Well the V secret is now well and truly out in the open.

Be excited girls because CND never do anything In half measures.

A polish that last 7 days and defies time? Welcome to the new world of Vinylux!!! :cool::cool::cool:

Mrs Geek

can I just ask a question, I cant go to the event because of other work commitments, but when this is launched to us non event techs will there be plenty of stock. I know at some time shellac was in very short supply and I would hate to tell my clients then not be able to get hold of stock. xx

I also think it's a fab way of updating your polishing skills if it's not already up to scratch. With shellac you have the added bonus of tidying up around cuticle and side walls before curing, if needed of course. So glad I did my Master painter class last year.
Bring it on. I can't wait.:D

Mrs Geek

can I just ask a question, I cant go to the event because of other work commitments, but when this is launched to us non event techs will there be plenty of stock. I would hate to miss out. xxx

K-Nails V will will be available to all nail professionals who are qualified in some professional form and can prove this via certificate. It will be the only professional nail colour on the market sold via the professional to the consumer ie... Through YOU to your customer. As to stock... That question can only be answered by CND but our orders are huge! :hug:

I've been waiting patiently to see mrs geek comment as I knew it would be good!! Haha!

This morning I saw the video and let out a little "eeeeekkk" hahaha! Sure my head asked a million questions but more out of curiosity - how will it work, what colours, how long will it take etc! So tonight I have loved reading more. I spent most of the day thinking about which clients of mine will love it and how I am going to explain it to them! Bring on THE Event as I know the room will be filled with "oooooooooohhhhhhssss" and "aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhsss" at this and so much more.

Can't wait to understand more and actually see it! Eeeeeeeeeeeekkkkkk!

:) x

I also think it's a fab way of updating your polishing skills if it's not already up to scratch. With shellac you have the added bonus of tidying up around cuticle and side walls before curing, if needed of course. So glad I did my Master painter class last year.
Bring it on. I can't wait.:D

Definitely! Shellac forced us to up our polishing game! Now with this - it's ON!!! Time to separate the men from the boys!

Sounds great! I'm going to be sensible and wait to get some feed back from you lovely geeks before I buy. Can't decide if it will make my boat go faster!

Hmmm there are so many things to reply to but I shall make points from my head and hope I help somewhat.

1. Yes we will still sell Stickey Base Coat and yes we will still sell Super Shiny. There are many that actually don't use CND polish but purchase those products to use with their chosen brand because they are he best!

2. Have any of you ever looked through the trade magazines and counted the number of polish ads v the number of 'gel polish' ads or compare them to 'other' ads? Since the launch of CND Shellac in 2010 and 'gel polishes', the enamel ads have gone up... Some of us count and look at stuff like that. For those who have said oh no, what about my Shellac clients... Think on these lines...

Before Shellac many of you did far more enhancements than you do now... Has it hindered you? No. In fact most of you tell us you are more successful since the launch of CND Shellac in 2010.

Your clients can go to Boots and buy polish... Professional brand polish... It hasn't stopped the professional from still buying those brands for their salons although I know it has irked many to the point of them wanting to change brands. The point is, the consumer can buy it in Boots but many STILL go to the pro for the treatment because... No one can paint nails like a nail pro can (or at least that should be the case)...:o

You must stop thinking that every time we launch something new, your clients must automatically stop using what you currently use to start using the new. As many have attested... You ASKED for Shellac match colours... You will now have 31 with many more to come. This gives you far more retail opportunities and yes... You will be knocked over by the trade price. Not everyone gets 14 days with CND Shellac just like not everyone can go 2 weeks without breaking an enhancement. This ladies, is about choice. You know the clients who want to be able to remove within 7 days because they get bored or they mess... Whatever, Vinylux is the perfect solution.

3. I want to give you that much more info but will not give everything away yet. Vinylux can be purchased exclusively from S2 and their DP's from May 1st. All the questions that I know you have, can be answered by calling S2 or waiting for the eBlasts and ads in the trade which you will see in May.

Finally those of you have said 'oh I would be so disappointed if this is what The Event is all about' shame on you for thinking that that is the case. THE Event is so much more and anyone going will testify to that by 5pm on Monday April 29th. :eek:

We have had various let's say 'rules' put onto us from CND in regards to the launch of Vinylux which we adhered to. The fact that it is 2 weeks until THE Event shows how hard we have worked to keep schtung but with the Internet being what it is... It is practically impossible to keep anything quiet until D day.

I am proud we have kept it this long and would like to personally thank the MODS of this bored who have been run ragged trying to close threads with the V word as this is what was asked of us from CND. Well the V secret is now well and truly out in the open.

Be excited girls because CND never do anything In half measures.

A polish that last 7 days and defies time? Welcome to the new world of Vinylux!!! :cool::cool::cool:

I love readings your replies! I can almost hear your voice saying them!

Next weekend is going to come round in a flash, I'd better buy an outfit for Sunday night or I'll be going in the "Geek" t-shirt my daughter bought me to wear in day one!

See all you lovelies soon xx

Think I know what my birthday prezzie is going to be!

Am I right in guessing that this would fine to use after a luxury manicure/pedicure even if nails have been soaked in water?x

Am I right in guessing that this would fine to use after a luxury manicure/pedicure even if nails have been soaked in water?x

Yes, but you must remember to dehydrate the surface of the nail plate and make sure the nails are not full of moisture before applying Vinylux (and this is the first time I have mentioned or written the word ever on Salon Geek). As you would sensibly do with any normal polish service.

I don't think that's true hun....I saw this question in the FAQ's on the Industry Source article, and CND say no apparently, unless I read it wrong! lol

Q. Can you pour one bottle of VINYLUX into another bottle? To condense two bottles? To mix two different colors?
A. VINYLUX does not have effects for layering, however, sheer shades can always be used to layer for design.

CND Vinylux | The Industry Source

I do believe it is true :)

I have an original copy of the FAQ and you seen to have got two Qs mixed up if you look again you will see :)

I do believe it is true :)

I have an original copy of the FAQ and you seen to have got two Qs mixed up if you look again you will see :)

You are right, she has posted the wrong Q&A.

Vinylux can be mixed, combined and poured together.

Latest posts

Back