CND glitter tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thompson24

Reaction score
Hi guys

Ive had a lady in today who wanted her CND extensions done, however she asked if she could have the tips silever glitter, ive never done this before and havent got anything from CND to be able to do this and wondered if someone could recommend what to use and how to do it?

You can make your own silver mix by using clear powder & silver glitter, try 2 parts powder to 1 part glitter, you can tweak it with more powder or glitter to get the coverage you need. Depending on what glitter you use you may also need to cap the tips with clear.

Last edited:
can you just use normal glitter as in kids glitter or is a special nail glitter i have to get? mx

can you just use normal glitter as in kids glitter or is a special nail glitter i have to get? mx

For silver I don't see why not, as it's silver there is no colour to run when it gets wet with the monomer. I use a mix of glitters some are specific nail glitters (young nails) , others I have bought from various places ranging from pound shops to hobbycraft! It's trial & error really, see what works for you.

Check ebay, I know ebay is a no no for nail products like L and P but for glitters and nail art stickers its all good. You can just use clear as said above, I just dip my clear bead into the glitter apply it to tips, clean brush off (or use seperate brush for glitter cheap one will do as you wont be building a stress area just a thin layer over a clear tip with the glittery bead). Then I put a layer of clearr over the glitter, and then finish whole nail in clear acrylic. Use clear tips so the glitter shines through the light xxxxxx

You can also get beautiful effects like glitter French with Colour & Effects polishes from CND or elsewhere. MUCH quicker to do and much easier to remove when the client wants a change. The glitter polish will last a full 3 weeks over enhancements and it costs you much less to do in product.

I honestly don't understand why people are investing so much in permanent effects when many can be done so much cheaper and quicker with polish? I must post some pictures!!

You can also get beautiful effects like glitter French with Colour & Effects polishes from CND or elsewhere. MUCH quicker to do and much easier to remove when the client wants a change. The glitter polish will last a full 3 weeks over enhancements and it costs you much less to do in product.

I honestly don't understand why people are investing so much in permanent effects when many can be done so much cheaper and quicker with polish? I must post some pictures!!

Actually I have been thinking same thing and I really wish that CND and Shellac gives as more possibilities for this kind of things. You can work with same product on natural nails and enhancements and you can guarantee good duration. So maybe we can get some bling bling for shellac later???

Actually I have been thinking same thing and I really wish that CND and Shellac gives as more possibilities for this kind of things. You can work with same product on natural nails and enhancements and you can guarantee good duration. So maybe we can get some bling bling for shellac later???

Ha ha well as you know, CND is not a BLING BLING sort of company ... we'd rather invest money in and concentrate on the REAL world of beautiful natural looking nail enhancement (you know, the things that make the money?)!!! The things the clients and technicians are asking for.

I'm sure that technicians will find easy ways of blinging up Shellac .. not that it needs it with THAT shine it has .... it's blingy enough.

I hear what you are saying Gigi. However, I can charge a premium price for doing permanent glitter french & my clients love what I do.

CND do have some beautiful glitters in their collection of powders, which unlike alot of companies products, you don't need to cap with clear & end up with a thick nail.
I love the shimmering CND powders see here....
Powders

I hear what you are saying Gigi. However, I can charge a premium price for doing permanent glitter french & my clients love what I do.

CND do have some beautiful glitters in their collection of powders, which unlike alot of companies products, you don't need to cap with clear & end up with a thick nail.
I love the shimmering CND powders see here....
Powders

Nothing wrong with using powders when clients want it permanent and will pay for it. My point, in case it is missed is, that most clients do not want glitter to be permanent! When they don't ... use polish.

Hello, sorry to hi - jack this post instead of posting a new thread but I was wondering if Gigi could remind me of the mix ratio of the french tip you blended for a poster???
I know its on the site somewhere but I can't find it now...sorry , hope its ok .Mel

Thank you sooo much .
I am gonna have a very happy client
Mel xx

Nail graphix is good for allllll sorts of colours and shapes of glitter. But like Gigi said polish is so much easier to remove (trust me, having just removed a full set of full cover deep purple glitter this weekend)! One effect I really like is, do your normal french then just paint the tips with silver northen lights top coat, then finish with super shiney (or your normal top coat)its an amazing and beautiful effect, also comes in gold. Its by INM. Lovely stuff :)

I Agree so much, You do need to post some photo's of the nails we were shown at the event, I LOVED the 'blobby' nail the most.
Until seeing these to be honest I just never thought Nail polish would be a good substitute for glitter tips... BUT I see so differently now.
I think those that love their glitters sparkly as possible, will always love them, BUT there are clients out there that want something 'fancy' without the commitment of glitter.
I get it often, clients look at my colour chart, and umm and ahhh because they don't know if the colour they want for a special occasion will do their heads in after that.

I am going to introduce my clients to nails done with polish....Infact, thats my next set of nails sorted :)

yes please, would love to see some pics too!
xx

I have made my own pink glitter powder by mixing pink eyeshadow glitter with clear acrylic powder as an experiment and it looked amazing! You can basically use any type of glitter as long as you mix it with clear CND powder :)

Nail art glitters off ebay are fab you can get strip glitter, grain glitter etc and they don't make your insurance void and your safe using them as they are only glitter so you mix your own polymer in with them..I wouldn't recommend buying premixed off there at all.
Nail graphix are also good but pricey i'd say.

and of course the company we all know for this sort of stuff is Ezflow, they have so many different kits and collections with glitters and colours!

Latest posts

Back