CND, The Event!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Train tickets now booked.

The site for tickets at the cheaper fare is East Coast and London trains go out of Kings Cross. A few of us are going on the 11.35 out on Saturday returning on 18.15 on Monday.

Ticket prices will go up closer to the time so book ahead ladies.

Next up: Geek T shirt and party frock!

Lucielu, what site was this on, I was going to drive from Maidstone but at this price, I think I would rather get the train!

H x

Heatherp & Lucielu - we have a group on Facebook, where a few of us are travelling from London- Leeds, if you want to be added just PM your Facebook names, just booked train tickets too, excited now! Xx

Heatherp & Lucielu - we have a group on Facebook, where a few of us are travelling from London- Leeds, if you want to be added just PM your Facebook names, just booked train tickets too, excited now! Xx

Oooo I'm travelling up with Heather, if its cheaper to get train we could do that? Ill PM you if that's ok? :lol:

Changed my avatar but you still can't see me!!! Will try again (at my age a close up picture is a scary prospect!!!)

tried again - this is the best I can do ;O))

H xx

Last edited:
Booked my train tickets today and have updated my photo so you can all recognise me. I'm getting a little bit excited now, was dreaming if tiny tunnels last night! X

What website would I go to for looking at train availibilty from London to Leeds? If I stay on after The Event in London a couple days to do the tourist thing with my mom what is a clean affordable option to stay at and what are the sights we should see that won't break the bank?

What website would I go to for looking at train availibilty from London to Leeds? If I stay on after The Event in London a couple days to do the tourist thing with my mom what is a clean affordable option to stay at and what are the sights we should see that won't break the bank?

Hi Holly, for discount vouchers in London go to www.daysoutguide.com ( or might be .co.uk) you get 2 for 1 on loads of stuff. We saved so much with these. The Original London Bus company is on there too. They are great for hop on off tours and you get a free river cruise too, Greenwich is nice to go to on it.

Vicki x

Holly. We loved the Natural History Museum & The Science Museum - both are free and fill a whole day. You can walk back up through Hyde Park past Lady Diana's memorial. A bus tour is also a must and the London eye is good in a clear day to see right across London. I've stayed at The Premier Inn just behind the London eye which was very reasonable and clean (nothing fancy though). Tower bridge area I think is also great :)

Holly, East Coast will have train tickets, we have got our for £13 each way, 2hr 12 min journey, takes you into London/ Kings Cross xx

Buy Cheap Train Tickets. UK Ticket Prices & Rail Fares > East Coast
www.eastcoast.co.uk/
Buy cheap train tickets for the East Coast train services between London, Leeds, York, Newcastle, Edinburgh and our other destinations. Plus all our train ...

I have unfortunately had to make the very difficult decision to cancel my place at the Event :cry:, I am totally gutted, as the last one was absolutely brilliant, but at least I will have made someone else's day when they get my ticket. I am also about to cancel my hotel room at the DeVere, so if anyone is still looking for a hotel, you'll know there is one about to become available for the 2 nights.

sorry to hear that nail envi xxx

sorry to hear that nail envi xxx

Thanks Souz, will just have to make do with hearing all about if from you guys xx

Tower of London ! Every one Shuld see the Crown Jewels at least once :D not cheap but amazing , tower bridge is right by it to always worth a visit,

Covent garden for food ! And street entertainment

Camden market on a Saturday or Sunday ,

Que gardens (I haven't spelled that right) but it is breath taking and has been there for ever! Even if your not into plants it's still amazing!

Natral history museum is fascinating even the building it's self is stunning! FREE

FREE There is also science Museum and and the
FREE British museum witch has the most amazing Egyptian artifacts !
Best thing about London museums they are FREE !!!!

FREE , Go to TRIFALGER square and see Nelson's Collum , the lions , pigeons and things , also right there is the national gallery also FREE Botticelli display will be there till may but will be like £12 entry for that bit ,

Tate modern is FREE and crazy lol

London eye but there's long long lines ! You can VIP book online but will be expensive , And it's best on a clear day witch is never guaranteed in London lol,

By far The best tour of London is from the river there are river boats the captain has a microphone and tells u all sorts of things about the buildings you pass history and modern I've learned some cool things when I've taken friends from here to London I normaly head to the boats , you can get on it right by the bridge oppersit side of the London Eye.

I miss London :)

I have unfortunately had to make the very difficult decision to cancel my place at the Event :cry:, I am totally gutted, as the last one was absolutely brilliant, but at least I will have made someone else's day when they get my ticket. I am also about to cancel my hotel room at the DeVere, so if anyone is still looking for a hotel, you'll know there is one about to become available for the 2 nights.

That's a shame Hun xxx

Hi Holly!

If you want to stay a bit longer and do a bit of touring around I'm happy to offer my services as a chauffeur :)

I live in Surrey and could take you&your mum to some lovely places like Windsor (fab castle and lovely town), Stonehenge or Winchester (great day out for a bit of history and mooch) or whatever else you like girls.

Pm if you have anything in mind and we can come up with a plan x

I suggest www.booking.com for hotel accommodation. All hotel Reviews are by guests and the cancellation policy is always great x

Kas x

Holly - don't forget Harrods and Selfridges! xx (Shop a holics R Us!!)

And Afternoon Tea!
The Ritz, Dorchester, Berkley, Savoy, Atheneum Hotels are all lovely or Harrods! X

Thanks all for the brilliant info!! xo

Hi Holly!

If you want to stay a bit longer and do a bit of touring around I'm happy to offer my services as a chauffeur :)

I live in Surrey and could take you&your mum to some lovely places like Windsor (fab castle and lovely town), Stonehenge or Winchester (great day out for a bit of history and mooch) or whatever else you like girls.

Pm if you have anything in mind and we can come up with a plan x

I suggest Booking.com: 274,502 hotels worldwide. 17+ million hotel reviews. for hotel accommodation. All hotel Reviews are by guests and the cancellation policy is always great x

Kas x

What a lovely offer. :Love:

Latest posts

Back