Crystal Pedicure - gave it a go

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ha ha love it, if we were to use the swarovski crystals we chould charge more though they cost more to buy xx

Hubby has just informed me we can call it crystal pedicure as thats not there trade mark name xx

Im thinking crystal claws!Oh just got that maybe still crystal pedicure then!!!!

Last edited:
Im thinking crystal claws!Oh just got that maybe still crystal pedicure then!!!!

Bling Pedicure is good too but he says they cant do anything as its a description not a trade name xx

I really like the bling thing - especially for my area where a lot of the younger people are into blingy type looks ;)

I have lots of Swarovski rhinestones here from my dressmaking kit which I can use, some are hotfix ones but they still do the same :)

Probably a stupid question but I was just wondering if you could apply gems after - gel on then cure then use the tacky layer as adhesion??????
I am new to gel and having a play before going on a course, so any help would be great!

Thanks

You prob could and they would moRe than likely stAy with gel but I wouldn't think would be good in the long tearm , as the light won't pass through the gems so that is un cured gel , where the gem stones cover and that's going to be about ? What 80 or 90% or the nail maybe more right?

If you wanted to do a color gel first or l&p finish it then use adhesive for the gems , you could then do gel top coat inbeetween the gems with a craft brush that way they will stay on longer as u will have sealed the edges , and u won't have uncured gel under them ,
rember though if your gel top coat cures with an inhabition layer you might need cotton buds or something to get it from beetwween the gems :)

i did my big toe yesterday. Tried to get picture on but sumhow keeps failing. I used gel, seem to be on solid. see how long it lasts :)

Hi Guys

I wonder if anyone would be so kind as to tell me what size crystals to use for toes to create the crystal pedicure. I would like to use the real Sworovski ones but its sooo confusing as there are so many different ones some are crystalised (are these the best ones in your expert opinions ) also which would be the best site to purchase these from ? . .I also would like to offer a less expensive option for those ladies who dont have the money to pay for the real deal.

Kindest regards
Shelly:Love:

So....
Whats the best application for removal also?
What will most ppl do?

Soak off gel with crystals in will remove easily.. Just soak?
Acrylic with gems inserted
Acrylic gel with Gems inserted?
Glue ?

Also is most people leaving the gems so you can feel them? Or sealing over so they are smoothe?

Cheers x

SHELLAC base and top coat do it ??? did u use crystals or gems x

I had a client request this yesterday, I hadn't even heard of it, lol. But anyway I gave it a go with Shellac, applied base coat & cured for 10 seconds, applied a very thin top coat and applied 2mm crystals all over large toe & cured for 2 mins then applied another top coat & cured for 2 mins, seemed to be well enough stuck, but I have explained that I have never tried this before and as client is a friend she will keep me informed on how it lasts. (wish I'd read this thread before today and then at least I'd have known what she was taking about, lol), Was quite pleased with the result though, pic in my album. I used the nfu oh holographic silver on the other 4 toes, but in hindsight wished I had used the holographic minx or silver lightning minx as I think they would have toned in better with the crystals. :D

I had a client request this yesterday, I hadn't even heard of it, lol. But anyway I gave it a go with Shellac, applied base coat & cured for 10 seconds, applied a very thin top coat and applied 2mm crystals all over large toe & cured for 2 mins then applied another top coat & cured for 2 mins, seemed to be well enough stuck, but I have explained that I have never tried this before and as client is a friend she will keep me informed on how it lasts. (wish I'd read this thread before today and then at least I'd have known what she was taking about, lol), Was quite pleased with the result though, pic in my album. I used the nfu oh holographic silver on the other 4 toes, but in hindsight wished I had used the holographic minx or silver lightning minx as I think they would have toned in better with the crystals. :D
did a top layer of shellac dull the crystals?? i was going to try the nsi glaze n go but more dosh to buy stuf :sad: if shellac works ile use what i have any way i went on ebay n ordered crystals not a bad price :D

Ive spend all weekend on a pebbly beach, in and out the sea, and in/out a pool and they are still on :)

did a top layer of shellac dull the crystals?? i was going to try the nsi glaze n go but more dosh to buy stuf :sad: if shellac works ile use what i have any way i went on ebay n ordered crystals not a bad price :D

No, the Shellac is so shiny that it didn't dull the crystals at all.

Swarvoski crystals ive ordered...
I dont have the shellac in... Not sure if im going to do it yet so whats the next best thing clear gel? Wonder what Nails Inc use? Maybe just glue as there is no mention of curing in a lamp?

Swarvoski crystals ive ordered...
I dont have the shellac in... Not sure if im going to do it yet so whats the next best thing clear gel? Wonder what Nails Inc use? Maybe just glue as there is no mention of curing in a lamp?

what crystals have you ordered? real swarsovski ones? xx

Apparently so..... Howver on ebay so you never truely know!!! Im going to try it on myself first you see x

Not sure if im going to do it yet so whats the next best thing clear gel? Wonder what Nails Inc use? Maybe just glue as there is no mention of curing in a lamp?

I would go with adhesive then gems then to seal the edges with a soft UV top coat or shellac ,so they can be removed easy and so that you dont end up with a lot of uncured gel under the gems.

Like I said before, Nails inc would not give away all there seecrets on T.V , they didnt talk about PREP but im 100% sure they did it.

mandita8601-albums-world+skills+comp+%28intermediate%29-picture28897-just-big-toe-lol.jpg

got a picture in my album if this hasn't appeared with this post. Didn't have swarovski crystals, just had gems.

Can i use Crystal Claws too. It goes well with Chantha's Claws

Twinkle twinkle little toes.
Bling bling bling is how it goes!
mizzy_dizzy-albums-nail+art+2-picture28899-a.jpg

Latest posts

Back