Damaged Nail Resurrection "VIDEO"

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im glad you asked this question because i was thinking the same, would love to know the answer too as im not a fan of filing and im still a little confussed about pop its.
Great work carl btw.

well in this case the cuticle area is the most fragile (as it's basically just a fraction tougher than skin) and it also happens to be the area that i dont have to file, if you watch the video.
check out other popit/dual system form videos/threads and you will see there is minimal filing.

What do you do with this client when it is time for a rebalance? Since you were putting on a new enhancement I imagine you must soak off and put a new enhancement on each time with the popits? If so, when you soak off, is it difficult to remove the product which has gone down and under the split? Does her nail, because of the damage, react adversly to the time in the product remover? Just curious x

What do you do with this client when it is time for a rebalance? Since you were putting on a new enhancement I imagine you must soak off and put a new enhancement on each time with the popits? If so, when you soak off, is it difficult to remove the product which has gone down and under the split? Does her nail, because of the damage, react adversly to the time in the product remover? Just curious x

The rebalance depends on the condition that the nail is in when she comes back in, there is actually very little seapage, I often rebalance with the form as well, just by thinning down and reapplying the form using more in the refill area, the product I use doesn't require buffing of the natural nail.

The nail adheres better to the sides (as both sides are actually nails) whereas the center area could best be decribed as horny tissue (it always seems in very good health).

I've been doing "P" for about 2 years now and we both just persist with whatever happens to this nail.

Doing this nail is a constant work in progress and it's treatment is different nearly everytime.

Thanks for the info. I'd love to be a fly on the wall in your salon for a couple of days!

I noticed the 'damaged' song too - which I love.

My first thoughts would be 'hell no - not touching that' but I would have had a quicky go.

I would have first - used some silk mesh and resin to bond the split together - then maybe used a gel with more silk for extra reinforcement.

But that was much quicker - and very effective. Thanks. I would never have considered that method till you showed it.

So those are not POPITS then - are these from another company?

cheers
x

What an amazing transformation, another fab video carl!!

Sue x

It's work like this that gives me the best feeling in the world...THIS is why I love doing nails...because we as nail techs have the ability to help a client feel better about the appearance of their hands (and feet)!!
Call me crazy, but I feel all warm and fuzzy after seeing this video...thanks Carl!

Fantastic as always Carl!

I wonder though, how did you get around the seepage issue before using the forms?

Great stuff, when I've saved enough I'm comin' over for a busmans holiday :green:

xx

P.S Saw your salon on googlemaps, it is small but oh so perfectly formed :hug:

Wow really amazing video! What a transformation. I am still new to all this and scouring these boards and that was inspiring! Keep up the good work :)

Yummi

I don't know who the hell rated this thread at 3 stars, but shame on them, this is what being a nail technician is all about, seeing the problem, thinking about what to do and then enhancing which is what he has done perfectly.

We can all learn so much from Nailzoo, and I for one am willing to take his knowledge and use it, I would advise others to do the same as he is to be listened to.

btw, I am upping this rating now. :)

This man has again taught me something new!

Happy New Year and thank you:hug:
My first thought was, goodness me, HOW do you tackle that with out hurting the poor lady, never mind making it look good.
That was, as always a great video you always make it look so straight forward:)

edited : apparent blatant attention seeking on my behalf ..... I do apologise

Last edited:
Wow, i bet you had a blast! Geeg is fantastic isn't she!
I'm sure your gonna get crowds of nail tech's gathering around to meet her.

By the way the video is amazing! The transformation of that ladies nail is brilliant, she must be so pleased to have you as her nail tech.
Have fun on Wednesday.
Take care, Jo.xxx

Amazing! I'm yet to have a go at dual forms and would love to be able to push myself to tackle any job and do it as well as you do. This really is what beinga tech is all about and I'm glad that you show us time after time that the longer you do nails the better and more rewarding it gets.

Thank you

I didn't want to do a new post .......although it deserves it, I didnt want it to be banished into the blogs......

I met Geeg in my salon today !!!!!

Then lunch 11-7 on our first meet was bloody fantatstic, although we could go on for days :)

You get 2 nail girls together like us, that have been doing it forever (and it goes on forever).

Geeg is giving a demo day here on Wednesday and we have dicussed non-product techiques using nailclass tactics to re-invigorate techs to aspire to better standards.

Gaaawd it's gonna be a fun day........, that woman is amazing !!!!!:!:

I'm glad you had such a great time - what I would have given to be a fly on the wall :lol:

Have a great day Wednesday !

Fab thread as always and wowwwwwwww on meeting Gigi :hug:

as always another fab video, thanks for sharing.

I just have one question, perhaps its down to client preference, but wouldn't the use of opaque powders disguise the trauma to the nail underneath the enhancement?

anne xx

ps have fun on weds

as always another fab video, thanks for sharing.

I just have one question, perhaps its down to client preference, but wouldn't the use of opaque powders disguise the trauma to the nail underneath the enhancement?

anne xx

ps have fun on weds

yep, opaque powders would hide it more, but, she gets quite a bit of water under there,so I want to be able to see the start of a greenie, she always wears polish too.

yep, opaque powders would hide it more, but, she gets quite a bit of water under there,so I want to be able to see the start of a greenie, she always wears polish too.

Makes total sense regarding the greenie, I did wonder if she wore polish as well. You are very talented, inspirational and generous especially with the sharing of your knowledge in your videos. Thanks again for sharing :)

anne xx

Latest posts

Back