Dashing Diva peeling

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TweezerHappy

Reaction score
So I did Dashing Diva and Shellac on myself 2 weeks ago. First time I'd used it. This is what I did:

PEP as normal
Apply DD and remove shine
Shellac base coat
2 x Negligee
Shellac top coat

I could feel an edge on the corner of the DD. IYGWIM. Guessing I didn't encase the whole DD under Shellac. I caught 2 on something and the DD peeled off but the rest have been perfect.

I did a friend last Wednesday and was careful to encase the DD but she said 4 have peeled off. Guessing again I didn't enase as well as I thought.

Would I be better using the DD base and top coat before I Shellac?

When you apply the brush on adhesive pay extra care to the corners (sides) and give the natral nail a quick swipe with the adhesive brush on the free edge to.

I did mine using the DD kit...(no gel/shellac) and they lasted 14 days till they started to separate from the nail....they are designed to only last about 10 days so i was thrilled with 14. Baring in mind a french using enamel would have taken me longer..been harder to do so perfect and wouldn't have lasted even half this time.

I know you said you used yours with Shellac so its different but i just wanted to point out what the recommendations are...sometimes i do feel peoples expectations slightly too high or out of sync with the manufactures guidelines.

In only managed to keep my DD's on for about 4 days before they lifted and peeled. We have also had very mixed results with clients. One lady had them on for 2 weeks and on day 14 they came off, another good few have lost them a day later. Not getting any consistency at the moment even though prep etc is exactly the same for everyone.

Not giving up yet tho.

Hi

we have had the same as joe90 pretty hit and miss. I think there going to be a hit with the prom girls though.

Got to say we are getting on great with shellac but it does chip! Some clients have faired better than others. Obviously it depends on lifestyle. Our application is the same as we do for gel

Prep
scrubfresh
apply

I do find with dd that you really have to get it spot on size and shape wise as they do "pop" up a lot.

Do love them though for a perfect French!

Strangely I have not had any problems with Divas. You need to make sure you are choosing the correct size of the wrap, press ot firmly over the nail and smooth out from the middle of the nail with both thumbs out towards the sides. Apply it like a tip, lock on free edge and press down ( hope this makes sense;)).

Hope this helps ;)

I was wondering about the size too. At first I was thinking like they were a tip and if the curve isn't right it will try to spring back, but then I was thinking they're so thin and flexible so not like a tip. If that makes sense.

I'll try again tonight using DD base and top coat before Shellac. I love the look and feel of Shellac with DD. It looks so perfect and feels so smooth. I found myself running my index finger over my thumb a lot.

I have only done a couple of DD with Shellac, but they have been fine lasting 12/14 days, as has been said and I cant stress it enough you really have to make sure that your DD is flush with the natural nail free edge & ears especially on short nails so there is no overhang what so ever of the DD,also applying the nail glue to the nat nail as well as the DD is a must.

Maybe I'm not using enough glue. I do apply to the natural nail as well as the wrap, but quite sparingly as I don't want to apply too much and have it run.

Totally loving DD and really want to make it work for me.

If you are using Shellac with DD I would not use ANYTHING other than Shellac.

I use my own adhesive Gelbond with the DD's and have not had a single problem with them coming off or peeling. I sometimes apply direct to the natural nail and I sometimes apply on top of the Shellac (remove inhib layer first). Both seem to last for me.

I spent a fair bit of time with a DD educator whilst I was in the States so I don't think my problem is either a sizing or application one. Just keep on going I guess.

Like Tracy also some problems with Shellac, wearing at the free edge like any gel would.

I've had the same problems, then I changed my glue and they have lasted better, over a week mostly, which clients are delighted with as you don't normally get that long with normal polish.

I've used DD twice on myself with just the base and top coats and got 2 weeks out of them both times. I was really pleased with them.

I have just changed my DD after having them on for 2 weeks. This also involved a intense day in the garden!!!
I did mine with Negligee Shellac. I have also used this application on about 5 clients so far with no problems at all.
x

I have just changed my DD after having them on for 2 weeks. This also involved a intense day in the garden!!!
I did mine with Negligee Shellac. I have also used this application on about 5 clients so far with no problems at all.
x

What procedure do you use?

I've had the same problems, then I changed my glue and they have lasted better, over a week mostly, which clients are delighted with as you don't normally get that long with normal polish.

Sue, what glue did you change to & where did you get it?
I too am having problems with them lasting, (only using them with Shellac) am doing everything the same as everyone else, just find that on the 3 people I have done them on most just seem to pop of after a day or 2 :sad: maybe I need stronger glue? Not sure what else to do to make them stay put! x

Hi - I used Mercia nail Glue that I just happened to have, but have since invested in CND gel bond.
xx

Saw a client last night who had DD pluas Shellac 12 days ago. 8 had lasted perfectly for her. The 2 that were gone was because she bashed them on something and broke the nail. She was quite happy even with losing 2.

As I said earlier they lasted quite well on me apart from a couple. Must just have been my friend. I saw her this morning and she used another nail and said, "Look, if I go like that I can feel an edge and pick it." I said, "well don't do that and it will be fine" lol.

Latest posts

Back