Did anyone watch the budget, the government are offering money to woman to set up.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mobileharmonyxx

Reaction score
It was my husband who told me about it, apparantly the government is giving money to women to set up their business.

Sounds good, just wondering who you would ask for more information regarding this.

I thought I'd share with everyone else.

Heres a link that will tell you more

Budget 2008: Boost for women entrepreneurs | This is Money

I think this is a good idea......BUT.....when hubby set up our tattoo studio....we got NOTHING.......thats what is not fair......do it for men aswell....xx

brill i must have a look at that one

thanks deb x

Wonder what will be available for existing businesses.

They wont tell you - you will have to go and find out whats available.

Ooo sounds good

We should get more funding, Ive never had a penny from anyone except myself and hubby.

I am going to apply.

Wonder what will be available for existing businesses.

They wont tell you - you will have to go and find out whats available.

My thoughts too.

I wish they would stop offering money to whomever and just cut everyones taxes.Far too many handouts in my opinion.

It does sound strange for handout from the governement, too good to be true. I wonder how they are going to get the money back. They don't give anything away for free without some catch.

Had a quick read, sounds more like the money is funding advice for women, rather than actually being handed out? That would make sense as lots of women struggle to get back into work after taking time out to have children, etc.

On the budget the definately were talking about figures as they had mentioned how much money would be put into funding the start up of women in business.

Looks good to me, but how do you apply for this?

It mentions a grant, but I wonder when this will actually start? Most budget things take at least a few months to get into place. It does however mention money for businesses already running, which would be nice.

Latest posts

Back