did i handle this right? long post...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leonnib

Reaction score
client came in today for hair extensions.
she was booked for yesterday but came 2 hours late... she came in today at 10.30 and said she had meeting at 12 but could be late so i started.

within 30mins she said was like how long will it take i said about another 3/4 hours. i am bit slower also because of pregnancy at the moment i noticed recently.

she then started making a face and from then didnt say word,
around 1.30 she was like oh i dont like the colour. she picked colour and came to see it and said she liked it. i had another customer then and it was obvious my lady wasnt happy. :cry:
she really started rushing me saying i need to go etc.
i finshed at 2.00 but i wasnt happy with it at all i was really rushed and didnt take my time. i felt like she needed more lines but she said dont bother i know this wasnt a good job at all imo.

she just chucked money on counter and left.

i knew she had to go and took about 45mins longer then normal but after she said appointment was at 12 and i wouldnt have finshed my then.

almost burst into tears and would have if other people wernt in salon :cry:..
im really upset this has really knocked me... the other customer said how much she liked it and said that my client was just rude.

was it my fault was i too long?
what could i have done ? she is my first unhappy customer in my own salon.. i dont know what to think. she hated the colour that she chose and saw. i offered to take it when i was half way but she said no. i was standing there all that time i was soo tired and it was for nothing.

First of all i wish you all the best in your pregnancy, also hun don't be too hard on yourself! I'm afraid you will never be able to please everybody and this client sounds like someone who would never be happy

Keep yer chin up :hug:

Therer was nothing else that you could have done. Things take as long as they take. She's just downright rude and if it were me, I would refuse to let her book again. You don't need people like that knocking your confidence. Don't let her upset you. xx:hug:

Hi..
Did you handle this right? Unfortunatly there is no right way to handle a client like this because she would not be happy whatever you did. People that behave this way are doing it to get some kind of kick out of it regardless who they hurt along the way.
We always remember the bad clients more because they hurt us but please especially at a time like this remember all the nice clients you have, they are the ones that you want in your salon.
You obviously have a passion and take pride in your work so please don't let one person slam you down.
Hold your head up, brush yourself down and move forward.
Take care..x

today was our busiest day in the salon since opening and i feel crap when if it wernt for that id be over the moon

i know she want come back but then what will say tell people..
and i know i didnt do her hair how i was supposed to and i dont want her to complain about it i was finsihing in and she told me to just leave it like that and she left.
so im worried about that.
really emabarrasing..

i was so close to just telling her to go about half way through.

i hate doing something and i know its not the best.. she just had a face like thunder the whole time...
im wondering if i should have offered her a discount or something as she wernt happy.. and i didnt get to finish properly

i think you were very obliging seeing her today when she was supposed to come for her appointment tomorrow.

Hi HUn,
Best wishes with your pregnacy :hug: :hug: .
I agree you can't please everyone all of the time........She was plain rude.
So in future stand your ground and please yourself.......Remember don't allow yourself to stress it is not good for you or your new baby.
Lotsa luv x x x :hug: :hug: x x x

right, lets rewind.

YOU said her appointment was YESTERDAY but she was 2 HOURS LATE!

ENOUGH SAID! she is one of life's waste-of-spaces that thinks nothing of others and thinks the world revolves around her.

YOU don't want her as a client.
It wasn't a waste of time because YOU got PAID.

count your lucky stars that she will do that another salon next time.

Your other client said a) she was rude b) the colour was nice.

Now don't let a silly moo like her ruin your day/pregnancy/life/enjoyment at working.

Well done for having a really busy day btw, you mentioned it was your busiest since opening, so "Yay to you"!

my main worry is shel come back and complain as i know i didnt do it to my best and i couldnt finish

would you have given a discount? or would anyone have given a discount in that circumstance?

.. i know i cant please everyone but it is hard.

:hug: Big hugs and do not worry!

No one books an appointment for hair extensions and expects it to be done in 1.5 hours just not realistic.

Unfortunatly you'll come across many more people like this, I wouldn't give a discount, like you said SHE chose the colour of the hair, i'd of told her it would cost x amount to have them removed and x amount to have them re done in another colour as that is a fault on her behalf not yours!

Also she was the one who booked the appointment and she'd of had an idea that it wouldn't be a quick process it never is (i used to book the day off when i had mine done) the fact she was 2 hours late the previous day says it all.

I would try not to worry hun. She's just one of those clients who thinks the world works around them!

right, lets rewind.

YOU said her appointment was YESTERDAY but she was 2 HOURS LATE!

ENOUGH SAID!

I agree. Stand your ground here. She is trying to transfer her frustration at her being late onto you and make it all your fault. Would not suprise me if she asks for her money back for a lousy job. Personally I would refuse and politely remind her that she was 2 hours late for her appointment!

My goodness thre are some tossers in the world!
It's hard when you get a client like that, and goodness knows i have let plenty of them ruin my weekend before now. In a few days time you will have forgotten her. She is not as important as she feels to you right now. One grumpy client wont wreck a business.
Chin up and carry on!

thanks.. il feel alot better in the morning i hope.. i have another set on thursday so trying not to let it affect that.
i never had an unhappy customer before like that and it was embarrasing for me as the other customer picked up on it also.
so i dont feel im to blame for the colour as she wanted something different not her natural colour :rolleyes:..
if she does come back (i wouldnt be surprised if she does) i know il have to tell her its because she wouldnt let me finish up properly.. i cant believe she told me to just leave it erghhh
i hate confrontations with people unless its somewhere it doesnt matter what i say (so il just say how it is) but in the salon you have to be careful with every word when i really want to say something else :eek:

shes the second person book something long winded and then expect to be out in an hour. its so fustrating...

and i hate the feeling of someone saying something negative about the salon

Maybe an idea to give clients an indication of how much time they need to allow themselves? If you tell them when they book to leave three hours, then its harder for them to come in and state that they have to be out in an hour!
May save you a bit of hassle in future.

Maybe an idea to give clients an indication of how much time they need to allow themselves? If you tell them when they book to leave three hours, then its harder for them to come in and state that they have to be out in an hour!
May save you a bit of hassle in future.

i told her 3/4 hours. which is why i couldnt do it yesterday as she was late she booked for 12pm but came in for 2.30/3pm and i had another booking for 4.30pm and wasnt prepared to run into my other clients appointment.

i know she wernt happy about that as i told her to rebook she did expect id be able to do it yesterday when she came in.
and theres nothing worse then a moody client when doing a long hair booking

i had a client that asked for a warmer blonde so i re coloured it one shade different and she freaked sayin it was darker, i just put a bit of warmth in not change the 10/0??? i was nearly crying:cry:
then i offered to fix it and she was like... yeah get it fixed, so i mixed the clour to correct it and she was like ....oh no i don't know now!!!!
wtf??? i have just mixed the colour!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
pfft there was hardly any difference to the normal colour she has!!!! :eek:
anyhoo moral of my story........ forget it, people are time wasters that think us mear hairdressers are there to be beneath them and just fanny around makin them look beautiful, (as if we aint got nothin else to do)
we DO need the custom BUT we DON'T need the hassle of bad publicity!!
especially when we try to advise that we know best(in your case that you couldn't let her leave without finishin)
don't get down chick, dust yourself of and unless you seriously need the cash i would stay well clear of her in future!!
best of luck with your pregnancy and business xx

i told her 3/4 hours. which is why i couldnt do it yesterday as she was late she booked for 12pm but came in for 2.30/3pm and i had another booking for 4.30pm and wasnt prepared to run into my other clients appointment.

i know she wernt happy about that as i told her to rebook she did expect id be able to do it yesterday when she came in.
and theres nothing worse then a moody client when doing a long hair booking

I never understand that why book an appointment to turn up several hours late! :mad:

You have acted professionally throughout.
Stand your ground.
Grow a spine.

You have told her how long the treatment was and turned her away yesterday, I personally would have CHARGED her for wasting 2 hours yesterday, as you lost money on her treatment yesterday.

Treat this like a learning experience, and when someone books this treatment tell them that it takes a certain amount of time, that they have to be on time and that it cannot be rushed. When someone books an appointment with you and you explain it like you have, they are entering into a contract with you.

That woman KNEW how long the treatment was going to take, its her problem, LET HER GET ON WITH IT!

Be prepared for her coming back, you are half expecting it anyhow, so use the next few days to prepare WHAT YOU ARE GOING TO SAY TO HER.

You have acted like a professional throughout this horrible experience, just remind her that you are the professional and have acted professionally throughout, sounds like she is a chancer...she is looking for free treatments. don't let her win!

Now, try and enjoy the bank holiday weekend and turn up to work next week with a big smile and try and enjoy.

How bloody annoying that you had booked out 4 and a hlaf hours for this woman and she was sooo late!!!!???!!!????

uggghhhh i would be so frustrated. people who are late are often just disrespectful. think that they can turn up whenever, you are just waiting for them and only them. its not fair on you,and more importantly, the next client youn have bookedin. You did your best........well bloody done on having the busiest day since you opened!!!I only started last saturday and at the end of yesterday i was so proud...i had a great day, although i had a coour that took a lot mor work than i thought it would...i was happy. just try to think about all the happy customers you had in....

be happy. :D x

I never understand that why book an appointment to turn up several hours late! :mad:

yeah we have had this a few times like 'oh il just walk in anytime' .

but i told myself id never go into another clients time.

my old hairdressers use to keep me waiting aometimes up to an hour because someone had walked in and she started doing there hair etc.. and i hated that as i had booked my slot :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back