do you believe in mediums -psychics??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i would like to agree with brow queen....this is a debate about if you believe or not in physics ...fine weezie and rhj10 that you dont....you have made that clear, but people that do believe ,even if they believe a bit ,are fascinated to hear the other storys that some people have. and by the way....i do believe in some things i watch on telly.....even when its hidden cameras ..thank you xxx

Sorry I thought the question was do you believe in psychics? so I gave my answer and joined in the debate. I'm not annoyed that people do believe and I'm interested in the storys too. :irked:

I assume you mean your long post in post 89. Nothing much to explain. Cannot see anything paranormal in there. Just human relationships.

Oh right........so you normally see dead soldiers walking around your house do you?

In paragraph one when you saw something you dismissed it yourself. So nothing extraordinary there.

I dismissed it because I like to keep an open mind and look at each situation individually. I'm not so narrow minded that I believe there's only one side to a story.

The child's story reminds me of my own story. Only instead of TV she had heard about her Mother's story and used that. Wrong: Her mother hadn't seen anything beforehand, and never did afterwards either.

So had your brother so he could repeat what your niece had said. He would have said anything to support your niece. I don't think so. My brother would have taken great delight in calling her a liar. But I take on board what you're getting at and that could well have been the case as we could have sent out subliminal messages of something paranormal being present in the house. So, I accept your take on that. So.............that brings us to the tradesman who saw the soldier. Don't know tha man and have never seen him before or since. So how do you explain that?

I don't mean to be rude but aside from a lot of 'copy and paste' from other websites, I'm not getting much evidence from you.

To nick a favourite saying from James Randi 'I've asked for PROOF from sceptics that there's no such thing as paranormal activity...........and I can't hear them running.'

Sorry I thought the question was do you believe in psychics? so I gave my answer and joined in the debate. I'm not annoyed that people do believe and I'm interested in the storys too. :irked:

sorry if i misread your other comment in me believing what i watch on telly...
because i do believe in SOME things i watch on telly and this is how and why i started this thread.....
its physic investigators that i watched on telly....i think its true and yes i wanted to get other peoples opinions on the subject....story's or if people did not believe then that's fine with me i know everyone does not.but when you get people keep posting quotes of physics not being true then , how i see it is, people don't believe and this is why....
i only wanted storys from people of what they believe,like i say, others have said they dont and left it at that.i just said, if you do believe then watch this ...

It's nice to see that you're keeping an open mind Weezie which is how we all learn and grow. xxx

I assume you mean your long post in post 89. Nothing much to explain. Cannot see anything paranormal in there. Just human relationships.

Oh right........so you normally see dead soldiers walking around your house do you?

In paragraph one when you saw something you dismissed it yourself. So nothing extraordinary there.

I dismissed it because I like to keep an open mind and look at each situation individually. I'm not so narrow minded that I believe there's only one side to a story.

The child's story reminds me of my own story. Only instead of TV she had heard about her Mother's story and used that. Wrong: Her mother hadn't seen anything beforehand, and never did afterwards either.

So had your brother so he could repeat what your niece had said. He would have said anything to support your niece. I don't think so. My brother would have taken great delight in calling her a liar. But I take on board what you're getting at and that could well have been the case as we could have sent out subliminal messages of something paranormal being present in the house. So, I accept your take on that. So.............that brings us to the tradesman who saw the soldier. Don't know tha man and have never seen him before or since. So how do you explain that?

I don't mean to be rude but aside from a lot of 'copy and paste' from other websites, I'm not getting much evidence from you.

To nick a favourite saying from James Randi 'I've asked for PROOF from sceptics that there's no such thing as paranormal activity...........and I can't hear them running.'

That final paragraph do you have a source for that? I think James Randi would be trying to say the opposite. Something like asking for evidence that something that somebody has claimed to exists actually exists. Not asking for evidence from thrid parties that certain claims are wrong.

As for evidence I have seen none from you. Just unverifible stories. What sort of evidence would you like?:lol:

If that house was sold I hope it was disclosed that it was haunted.
Selling the Haunted House

At the end of the day, if someone is a skeptic, they're never going to believe no matter what evidence is put in front of them. It's interesting that no-one commented on the post about the woman in the taxi. Very specific details if you ask me.

Before my grandfather died, I went into a spiritualist church. The reverend connects with spirits at the end of the service and gives messages from them. She said to me that there was a man in spirit named Kenny around me and that he had come to get James. A week later my Grandfather (James) died. Kenny is an uncle that died about 6 years earlier - Grandads son in law.

During this same time, my sister went to a different clairvoyant. Because he is very popular here, it can take months to get into him. She had to wait about 3 months and at that time we didn't know Grandad was dying. The day of the reading she took photos of some family members and he told her to put them face down on the table as he didn't want to see the photos before reading them. He moved all photos to one side of the table except one and said he couldn't feel the energy of the person in the photo. He said to her that the person was about to cross over and there were people waiting for him. He described grandads father, sister and younger brother all there waiting for him - he described them to a tee. Remember, the clairvoyant still had not looked at the photo as it was face down on the table and had no idea if the person was man, woman, old, young - it could have been a pic of a goldfish for all he knew. Only when he finished he turned the pic over to look at it.

At the end of the day, if someone is a woo, they're never going to believe no matter what evidence is put in front of them. It's interesting that no-one commented on the post about the woman in the taxi. Very specific details if you ask me.

Before my grandfather died, I went into a spiritualist church. The reverend connects with spirits at the end of the service and gives messages from them. She said to me that there was a man in spirit named Kenny around me and that he had come to get James. A week later my Grandfather (James) died. Kenny is an uncle that died about 6 years earlier - Granddads son in law.

During this same time, my sister went to a different clairvoyant. Because he is very popular here, it can take months to get into him. She had to wait about 3 months and at that time we didn't know Grandad was dying. The day of the reading she took photos of some family members and he told her to put them face down on the table as he didn't want to see the photos before reading them. He moved all photos to one side of the table except one and said he couldn't feel the energy of the person in the photo. He said to her that the person was about to cross over and there were people waiting for him. He described grandads father, sister and younger brother all there waiting for him - he described them to a tee. Remember, the clairvoyant still had not looked at the photo as it was face down on the table and had no idea if the person was man, woman, old, young - it could have been a pic of a goldfish for all he knew. Only when he finished he turned the pic over to look at it.

That story and the story of the taxi is nothing but cheap magician's tricks. Your post contains a minor error. But do not worry, I fixed it for you above.

That final paragraph do you have a source for that? I think James Randi would be trying to say the opposite. Something like asking for evidence that something that somebody has claimed to exists actually exists. Not asking for evidence from thrid parties that certain claims are wrong.

Of course he was; I was being sarcastic. I saw an interview with James Randi and he said something like 'I've put a million dollars on the table for anyone that can prove the existence of paranormal............and I can't hear them running'.

I'll tell you why nobody's claimed the money. It's because every time somebody proves existence, he and his team of minders dismiss it and won't publicise it. Do you really think that he's every going to pay out?

As for evidence I have seen none from you. Just unverifible stories. What sort of evidence would you like?

I'd like you you to give me a breakdown of each sighting in my mums house and give me evidence or at least a logical explanation of what it was, other than paranormal activity. I'm very open minded so if you can do that, I'll totally accept your explanation. You said in a PM to me that it was up to the believer to provide evidence to the non-beliver. I totally disagree, so come on...........it's your turn now.

If that house was sold I hope it was disclosed that it was haunted.

Apr 01, 2003

Haunted houses do exist. So ruled the Supreme Court of the State of New York in a landmark decision, known as the Nyack Case, in the 1990s. It clearly set out the parameters of what a stigma problem can do to a property.

If I may be allowed to copy and paste your copy and paste, although I'd much prefer to rely on my own experiences than those of people that I've never met. But hey ! Shall I take it from your example (above) that you now believe in haunted houses? By the way, I live in the UK and that law doesn't apply here.

So how about you stop Googling and give us your own evidence? Stop with the copy and paste. We can all do that.

So, let's get back to the debate in hand because it's ended up the Brow Queen and rjh01 Show.

Sorry everyone but I couldn't resist this link, although I do usually prefer to quote my own experinces as you know. Just thought that rjh10 may relate to it a bit better than personal evidence.

Hhttp://www.victorzammit.com/skeptics/reward.htmlave a read about James Randi.

That story and the story of the taxi is nothing but cheap magician's tricks.in your opinion Your post contains a minor error. But do not worry, I fixed it for you above.
how could this story be cheap magicians trick when he had not seen the photo ?????????????????? funny....i see a minor error on your post , but chill as i corrected this for you x......prove to me its was a magicians trick...was you there at the that time??????????

That story and the story of the taxi is nothing but cheap magician's tricks.
To quote a famous australian 'please explain?'. You prove to me how it is a magicians trick when a clairvoyant who knows nothing about you, you have never met before can accurately name family members and what they looked like when they died 50 years ago. And no, there was no photo for the clairvoyant to look at when describing the person.

Your comment is proof that a skeptic will not change their mind even when evidence is put in front of them from others experiences, but then again, even if a ghost of a dead friend or relative turned up at their place, they'd explain it away - oh, I must have eaten some bad chinese and it made me delirious.

You want to know how I know it was a magician's trick? Very simple. If he was real then he could have made a fortune being able to predict who was going to die by being employed by life insurance companies. Not to mention heaps of other people who could use his talents. He would be able to charge fees way out of range of most people. Since he does not charge such a fortune there is no way known could he be real. This is just basic simple logic.

Of course the above assumes that he is one of only a few people who have any paranormal ability. If it is common then the world would be completely different. You would have ads in the paper asking for psychics to be employed in all sorts of jobs, just like there are ads in the paper for trades people.

Also you ask about my own experience. I have been a a member of this forum for several years JREF Forum

Many, many people have joined there claiming they have all sorts of paranormal claims. They are eventually mostly exposed as either delusional, mentally sick or just seeking attention. No-one has even made a serious attempt to win the $1m prize on offer. All sorts of excuses have been offered. Like the money does not exist. Yet I have seen evidence that it does. It does not take much effort to prove that it does exist.

Some people put up web sites making all sorts of claims. Yet it does not require much thought to see that they have huge holes in what they say. For example the correct link above is A LAWYER ON THE SKEPTICS by Victor Zammit. Even on that page there are obvious issues. He says several well known scientists are wrong. I give you choice, who would you rather believe, a person who you never heard of or several well known independent scientists?

There is a link to a you tube YouTube - Million Dollar Challenge This is very funny. He waves a $1m cheque around. Well any idiot (including me) can write a cheque for a $1m. Having the money is another thing. If he was serious instead of waving worthless cheques he would have published papers in scientific magazines. But he has not done so.

I will write more later. Real life has intervened.

More on my experiences.
I once joined a missing person website because people claiming they were people were trying to claim they were psychics and could help. I asked several of them what their qualifications and experience was. This was enough to chase all but one away. The one that was not chased away by this basic method could not provide any useful information.

I have also belonged to two Homeopathy forums. Some of the views expressed there would have been funny if they were not so dangerous, horrifying or stupid. In one of the forums they went though a period anyone who did not accept Homeopathy was banned. Just in case anyone does not know what Homeopathy is it is when you dilute with water or alcohol a chemical many (often 30) times, each dilution is by a factor of 100. In the end there is no chemical left.

More on my experiences
I have also belonged to another forum run by a 'fan' (actually a relative) of Sylvia Browne. She is a famous 'psychic' in USA. She appears on TV in USA. However she has made many mistakes. Well, we cannot be perfect. However one person has tried to find out about her successes and has failed to find any.

So basically........as I thought.........you don't work in a salon. You're a troll who has come on this forum for no other reason than because you're a diciple of James Randi and you're doing his work. Well I could have told you that without the tarot cards because you joined and went straight into this thread and the ear candling thread.

Your 'evidence' of why the above mentioned sightings/experiences are fake is very weak. In fact you've given us no evidence at all. The only thing that is obvious is your contempt for anyone that believes in such things.

Like I've said repeatedly, I like to keep an open mind and I believe in freedom of speech so I don't object to you being on here for whatever reasons you may have; I just wish that you weren't no closed minded and that you weren't so rude and dismissive of everthing.

So, to get back to the original debate...............give us some EVIDENCE that the paranormal does not exist please. Could you do so without using copy and paste? Give us your own experiences.

You want to know how I know it was a magician's trick? Very simple. If he was real then he could have made a fortune being able to predict who was going to die by being employed by life insurance companies. Not to mention heaps of other people who could use his talents. He would be able to charge fees way out of range of most people. Since he does not charge such a fortune there is no way known could he be real. This is just basic simple logic.

Of course the above assumes that he is one of only a few people who have any paranormal ability. If it is common then the world would be completely different. You would have ads in the paper asking for psychics to be employed in all sorts of jobs, just like there are ads in the paper for trades people.

quote]

This is a job I could do, clairvoyant abilities or not - everyone dies.

So just because someone does not charge a fortune for their service, then they're a fake? Hmmmm, logical? I think not. A simple basic understanding of the spirit world is that spirits do not help for personal material gain. Hence why people do not 'predict' lotto numbers or anything else for material gain for themselves or others via the spirit world.

So basically........as I thought.........you don't work in a salon. You're a troll who has come on this forum for no other reason than because you're a diciple of James Randi and you're doing his work. Well I could have told you that without the tarot cards because you joined and went straight into this thread and the ear candling thread.

Your 'evidence' of why the above mentioned sightings/experiences are fake is very weak. In fact you've given us no evidence at all. The only thing that is obvious is your contempt for anyone that believes in such things.

Like I've said repeatedly, I like to keep an open mind and I believe in freedom of speech so I don't object to you being on here for whatever reasons you may have; I just wish that you weren't no closed minded and that you weren't so rude and dismissive of everthing.

So, to get back to the original debate...............give us some EVIDENCE that the paranormal does not exist please. Could you do so without using copy and paste? Give us your own experiences.

i could not have put it better myself....so i left it to brow queen...thank you xx

This is a funny one for me. I saw a medium over a year ago.........
She told me i was going to move by the sea, my life would take a new direction, lots of things really. I was there for an hour.......Very spooky.

The strange thing is i ended up having to move 3months later (at a time when i didn't even want to). Everything she has told me about mylife so far is true. I would go bad to study, end up teaching ect..............

I remmember how stumped i felt that day as she told me about my deepest darkest thoughts, how a relative past away ect..........

I'm a true beliver

Oh please do not insult me by calling me a troll. Unless of course you have strong evidence to back up what you say.

And no, it is not up to me to prove that paranormal abilities do NOT exist. It is up to people who believe that it DOES exist to prove it.

The fact that you have asked me to prove something does NOT exist and the fact that you have called me a troll when I have been nothing but polite to you and attempted to answer your questions shows how pathetically weak (read non-existent) the evidence for paranormal. I have said this several times, yet you still ask me to prove something does not exist.

May take a break from this forum. However I may be back another day. Maybe maybe next week, maybe next year. Until now it has been a joy talking to you. I am so sad you have been rude to me, calling me names.

So sorry if you want me to answer your questions and I have not done so. But you can join me here JREF Forum. I will answer your PMs or you can join in a thread or start a thread yourself. There are a vast range of skeptics (and a few real trolls, but we will not mention them) there.

Oh please do not insult me by calling me a troll. Unless of course you have strong evidence to back up what you say.

And no, it is not up to me to prove that paranormal abilities do NOT exist. It is up to people who believe that it DOES exist to prove it.

The fact that you have asked me to prove something does NOT exist and the fact that you have called me a troll when I have been nothing but polite to you and attempted to answer your questions shows how pathetically weak (read non-existent) the evidence for paranormal. I have said this several times, yet you still ask me to prove something does not exist.

May take a break from this forum. However I may be back another day. Maybe maybe next week, maybe next year. Until now it has been a joy talking to you. I am so sad you have been rude to me, calling me names.

So sorry if you want me to answer your questions and I have not done so. But you can join me here JREF Forum. I will answer your PMs or you can join in a thread or start a thread yourself. There are a vast range of skeptics (and a few real trolls, but we will not mention them) there.

I have kept my comments off this thread so for, but rjh01 I think you do not seem to understand what context of troll Brow Queen is referring to so this is what Wikipedia says:

An Internet troll, or simply troll in Internet slang, is someone who intentionally posts controversial or contrary messages in an on-line community such as an on-line discussion forum or group with the singular intention of baiting users into an argumentative response.[1] It often has a broader meaning referring to any shady trouble making Internet activity.

Your comments on this last post does seems to add to Brow Queens suspicions on why you joined this site - and I for one will not be following you on the other site!

I'll say it again.........You're a troll. Evidence? All of your posts (bar one) are just dismissing holistic therapies and the paranormal. This is a site for salon pro's or those with an interest in becoming one. Does this apply to you?

Says who? Oh yeah, Mr Randi. Rubbish! How convenient. That just shows me how weak your arguement is.

The fact that you have asked me to prove something does NOT exist and the fact that you have called me a troll when I have been nothing but polite to you

Oh please! What's that I can smell? It's burning !!! Oh, yes........it's the smell of burning martyr.

and attempted to answer your questions shows how pathetically weak (read non-existent) the evidence for paranormal. I have said this several times, yet you still ask me to prove something does not exist.

Any scientist or sceptic worth his salt would prove the non existence of something. You can't disprove it...........that's your real problem.

Rude to you? Yes I have...........sometimes you need to speak to people in the only language they understand. YOU are the one that's been rude to people on here and I fight fire with fire.

I will join JREF under my real name and I hope to have a balanced discussion. One where for and against give facts and evidence.

Latest posts

Back