do you believe in mediums -psychics??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
<snip>
We can all copy and paste from Google to support our arguement. Here's one I prepared earlier

Police Turn to Psychics to Solve Crimes. Digg_url = "http://www. (She, Her, Police, Had, Says)-News Monster , but you want evidence and like you say, unless you experience something yourself, them you have no evidence, so other peoples quotes mean nothing.

Someone else has already looked into this case.
Last of all both Adrian and I would like to point out that the case was eventually solved as a result of the diligent and professional investigation carried out by the police combined with the tremendous advances in forensic science. This is where any credit for solving the case should be focused. In the end the hard work of the original investigation team enabled DCI McKinlay to eventually get a conviction. Had Tony Lundy had access to modern DNA techniques (as opposed to a medium) Ruark would have been serving his sentence that much sooner.
Link

i would like to agree with brow queen....this is a debate about if you believe or not in physics ...fine weezie and rhj10 that you dont....you have made that clear, but people that do believe ,even if they believe a bit ,are fascinated to hear the other storys that some people have. and by the way....i do believe in some things i watch on telly.....even when its hidden cameras ..thank you xxx

Following on with brow queens request to debate:lol:
I have dreams that come true, they are always totally ordinary things that are right in every detail and normally come to pass within a couple of years
So why don't I dream the winning loto numbers, or the grand national winner or something really useful like that. Why is it a conversation with a door to door sales person or sitting in a class room listening to two other peeps talk about their husbands.
I've been told its because we may not profit by our talents, so who decided that and why?

RJH01

Yes, but I thought the point was that police DO NOT use psychics. This proves that they do.............whether they then take credit for solving the crime is another thing.

Somebody questioned my statement that I knew for a fact that they do use psychics. Without going into detail for obvious reasons, I know personally a senior officer who has told me that psychics are consulted on numerous occasions. I don't know why they don't broadcast this to the public..........maybe for the same reason that they don't quote their informers. Another reason is that maybe they don't want to be ridiculed by sceptics (English spelling).

Following on with brow queens request to debate:lol:
I have dreams that come true, they are always totally ordinary things that are right in every detail and normally come to pass within a couple of years
So why don't I dream the winning loto numbers, or the grand national winner or something really useful like that. Why is it a conversation with a door to door sales person or sitting in a class room listening to two other peeps talk about their husbands.
I've been told its because we may not profit by our talents, so who decided that and why?

There are other explanations. Try writing your predictions down. Then see what happens.

If we cannot profit from paranormal talents then paying someone for their predictions would be a waste of money.

I personally don't see anything wrong with people charging as everything we do is a 'gift'. Musicians, Artists, Doctors, Lawyers etc etc. They're all God given gifts and everyone has to make a living.

Hiya

I lived with 2 Ghost's in my last house for yrs, One was an old man and the other was a little strange, he was a big thing with no facial features. I was alone most of those years hubby was working nights:Scared: If i told you the whole story you would think i'd gone BONKERS.

Funny though.. I was in no rush to move, our house had a cold yet calming feel to it, it was a real old house with high ceilings and big rooms. I wished i had never moved.

I also have strange experiences, I have predicted accidents several times and seen many things that are un-explained. I thought that i was suffering with over active mind, hubby and i saw the same thing one night when we was woken in the night by our strange guest.

jinx

Tell me more. Did you ever have conversations with your ghosts? If so please provide details.

How did you know who they were? Did you actually see them? Anyone else see them?

Tell me more. Did you ever have conversations with your ghosts? If so please provide details.

How did you know who they were? Did you actually see them? Anyone else see them?

I can give you details of a personal experience if you like and I'll try to answer the questions that you've asked to Jenny (see quote).

About 10 years ago my parents lived in a property that they'd lived in since the day it was built 20 years before, where we all grew up.

1. I was in the bathroom one morning looking in the mirror and saw a shadow of a man walking across the landing. I assumed it was my brother but it turned out that he was out of the house. Although this just left my mum downstairs, I never gave it another thought and certainly didn't think anything paranormal.

2. My sister and I were visiting my mums with our kids one day when my niece (aged about 11yrs) went upstairs to get some icecream out of the freezer in the spare room, but didn't get to the top of the stairs before she ran back down the stairs in state of panic and terror. She was visibly upset and started telling us that there was a man upstairs. However, she was old enough to know that it wasn't physical. She decribed him very clearly and I asked her to draw a picture of him once she'd calmed down. He was in his early 20's and wearing what sounded like an army uniform with the trousers tucked into his boots. He was carrying a rifle type gun over his shoulder. She stressed that he had a big, pointy nose. He walked from the bathroom area towards to the other end near the bedrooms. I asked her if he said anything or did anything else and she said that he gave her a dirty look. I got her to demonstrate the look and in my personal opinion, it sounded more as though he was looking through her, as though he couldn't see her. That's just my opinion.

My mum was really nervous and started moaning at her to stop being stupid and in the way that nan's do, was telling my niece to stop lying. I could tell that she believed what she was telling us as 1. She was very upset and scared and 2. She loves her grub and there's no way she would have forgone the icecream...........she would have made sure she'd seen him on the way down rather than the way up LOL.

My mum then confides in me later that day that when she was in the bathroom one morning combing her hair in the mirror.........she saw behind her the face of a young man. He was there for a couple of seconds and went. She hadn't told us because she didn't want to make us nervous and also, she didn't want to really accept it had happened as she too didn't want to feel nervous in her own home. We agreed to keep her experience between us two. It was then that I remembered seeing the shadow and thought that there may have been some connection.

So, going back to the day my niece saw the man. That evening when my brother came home (he was around 42yrs at the time), I said 'You'll never guess what happened when Casey went upstairs today. He replied in his usual annoyingly calm manner (think Jack Dee), 'Yeah I know. Bet it was a bloke; a soldier. I've seen hom loads of times'. Now you may think it odd that he's never mentioned anything but I know why. All his life, my brother has seen 'spirit'. He doesn't see it as any big thing and takes it in his stride. He's an intelligent man (used to belong to MENSA). He doesn't consider himself to be psychic and would never claim to be able to predict the future and has never tried. He has no interest in paranormal subjects or the occult. His intuition of other people is crap..........evidence of that are his 3 ex wives. So, my point here is that he sees human forms who are from who knows where and what time period..........but one thing is for sure and that is that are not physical beings. In answer to your question, he has on several occasions tried to speak to the apparitions but got no response. For example, he would say a simple 'hello' or 'good evening' and they looked through him as though they couldn't see him.

The last sighting of the soldier before my parents moved house was when a trademan went upstairs to the loo. As they were coming down the stairs, a sweater that had been draped over the bannister landed on him. Assuming that he'd knocked it down himself, he picked it up and turned to throw it back over the bannister. As he did he saw a soldier standing by the bannister.

If you have any questions you'd like me to try to answer on this please feel free to ask.

waw brown queen....i read that with the hairs on the back of my neck standing up :Scared:.....would you ever stay in a haunted mansion for the night????....i want to but don't if you know what i mean!!!!!!!....fascinating stuff....i love these stories and this is why i started this thread....its brilliant hearing what some have seen :green:.

waw brown queen....i read that with the hairs on the back of my neck standing up :Scared:.....would you ever stay in a haunted mansion for the night????....i want to but don't if you know what i mean!!!!!!!....fascinating stuff....i love these stories and this is why i started this thread....its brilliant hearing what some have seen :green:.
LOL....No, I wouldn't stay in a haunted mansion because I'm too nervous. Also, I think that they're very commercial and I doubt that any genuine experiences would be had there. Great fun though. xxx

i idnt used to belive but meet a medium when i worked in a holidy park and she invited me for tea at there caravan. she as a caravan oner on the park and i used to serve her her beer and thats all, she tk a shine to me but knew nothing about me really. she told me some undelivable things tht were jaw dropping to me nad freeked me out. no one could have known. so i deffo am a strong beliver.

LOL....No, I wouldn't stay in a haunted mansion because I'm too nervous. Also, I think that they're very commercial and I doubt that any genuine experiences would be had there. Great fun though. xxx

great fun indeed hun :green: xx

I live in York the most haunted city in the UK apparently. Went to the Fleece last night, one of the haunted pubs. It was amazing to see such character, there are plenty of ghosts hanging around in there.

Glad they didn't tap me on the shoulder lol!!

I live in York the most haunted city in the UK apparently. Went to the Fleece last night, one of the haunted pubs. It was amazing to see such character, there are plenty of ghosts hanging around in there.

Glad they didn't tap me on the shoulder lol!!

you lucky so and so hun going in there.....think if they would have tapped me on shoulder and asked for a pint i would have ran as fast as my little legs could carry me screaming !!!! lol :lol::lol:

Where's RJH01 gone? He's not been abducted by aliens has he? :Scared:

Where's RJH01 gone? He's not been abducted by aliens has he? :Scared:

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!XXXXXX

No, just thinking if I should tell you my ghost story. We all have them.

When I was a child (age 8 - 10) every week I went upstairs after watching a certain TV program and I saw monsters. They were out to hurt me. I had to use all my powers to make them go away. But next week they would be back. Could not tell anyone as I was a bit of a loner.

The TV program? Dr Who.

No, just thinking if I should tell you my ghost story. We all have them.

When I was a child (age 8 - 10) every week I went upstairs after watching a certain TV program and I saw monsters. They were out to hurt me. I had to use all my powers to make them go away. But next week they would be back. Could not tell anyone as I was a bit of a loner.

The TV program? Dr Who.
So, what do you make of my 'ghost story' then? Seriously, I'm genuinely interested in your views. How would you explain it all...................and don't say it was a lorry going past.

So, what do you make of my 'ghost story' then? Seriously, I'm genuinely interested in your views. How would you explain it all...................and don't say it was a lorry going past.
I assume you mean your long post in post 89.

Nothing much to explain. Cannot see anything paranormal in there. Just human relationships.

In paragraph one when you saw something you dismissed it yourself. So nothing extraordinary there.

The child's story reminds me of my own story. Only instead of TV she had heard about her Mother's story and used that. So had your brother so he could repeat what your niece had said. He would have said anything to support your niece.

Latest posts

Back