do you believe in mediums -psychics??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh er - this got a bit heated but great to hear both sides of the discussion.

I will believe when something paranormal happens to me that I simply cant explain.

But to be honest and its not nice to say - with the psychic's gift etc - how come no-one can find maddie?

Without gaining from material things their gifts surely could bring her home wherever she is - this world or the next.

Oh er - this got a bit heated but great to hear both sides of the discussion.

I will believe when something paranormal happens to me that I simply cant explain.

But to be honest and its not nice to say - with the psychic's gift etc - how come no-one can find maddie?

Without gaining from material things their gifts surely could bring her home wherever she is - this world or the next.
There's seems to be this misconception that psychics can (or claim to) solve everything. Would the person that invented the wheel have been able to invent the telephone? No because they had totally different qualities, gifts and outlooks.

Who knows what proof lies ahead. If you'd have said 50 years ago that we'd be able to communicate via a wesite, they would have laughed their socks off.

It has got heated...but it is just passion!!!!

I think the argument though to prove that 'paranormal happenings/mediums' etc DOESN'T exist is a lot more valid....Not everything can be explained away by scientific psycho-babble... For centuries there has been people who have experienced paranormal happenings...seen ghosts...experienced miracles...mediums...psychics...heck even UFO's might aswell come into the argument...

Not everyone can be a fake or a fraud can they????? If they are then put me into the Loony House...because I have experienced a paranormal activity...which is well documented.

I have posted earlier on in the thread about my experience with mediums... I am afraid there is no scientist or theorist who could explain to me how I can be told things that no stranger could ever know... names...dates...places...FACTS...

In this day and age ....especially with the internet and googling...then there will be many 'convincing fraudsters' but there is definitely 'things' that happen in this World we live in that can never be explained with reason or science....

As for finding Maddie...if only it were that simple eh??? Things happen behind closed doors...not all 'gifted' people are out there in the public eye...:wink2:

But we really enjoy the thought of anything spooky or unexplainable - Im totally fascinated by it all and I have had things happen to me when I was younger...

Like I said earlier we were tinkers for the ouiji board (it filled the 6 week holidays but my parents would have gone off it - if they knew) but all this strange stuff happened when we were kids... Not adults - kids. (and there was some seriously freaky stuff)

I am waiting for something to happen to me now - hell I'd happily stay in a haunted house - with a completely open mind - waiting for them to come to me (LOL)

If we talk about ghost stories with friends - Im the only one who isnt freaked out about it and have gone to bed in an empty house with my head filled with all this stuff - my friends on the other hand are ****ting themselves. (Im not afraid of the dead - only the living!!)

I just really think if the mediums knew stuff -are spoken to from the other side - there would be information that could save lives and find missing people.

Why hasnt a medium 'got me' why am I so 'difficult to read'? or been told 'you have a gift yourself' er no I havent - Im just perceptive and a good judge of character.

I listened to a reading from someone who was so caught up in what she was told...we listened to the tape 2 years on and what a load of garbage - cost her £15 to be told what she wanted to hear - my friend said "at the time I thought he was so good - now - I feel deceived"

I still read my horoscopes - Im still interested in it all - but I want something to happen to me - I would feel so special!!! LOL:lol:

Ever since I saw the ghost of the last tenant in our London flat when I was 5 years old I have been a believer, but I had my proof 4 years ago.
I was a taxi driver and I went to a working mans club to pick a woman up who had been to a funeral. The moment she got in my car all the hair on my body stood up and as she got settled she said to me
You're a physic like me, thats why you've got goose bumps, you should get training. I still haven't :lol:
I had never met this woman before, I don't attend spiritualist meetings or anything like that and it was pure chance that she got into my taxi, in fact she had called a different firm and they had passed the job because a driver had gone sick.
This woman told me that my dad was in the back of my taxi, that he often rode around with me when I was working nights, she described him, she named him, she told me when he died, she told me how many kids I had and that he was so proud of them, she then told me where my eldest son was living, and thats something I've only been able to confirm in the last 4 months. She didn't hint and say theres an older man who looks out for you, or anything vague like that she said, Your dad Joe is in the back of your car, I love his snowy white hair, he says he's had it since he was in his 20's, I think its really cute that he has a French accent even though he's Polish.
I have never seen this woman since but, strangely what she did for me was (this will sound morbid but its not) stop me fearing death. I KNOW theres something after.

Sorry I know this is an oldish thread but I just want to say I think this is amazing and you are so lucky for this to have happened to you! I really believe in stuff like this, partly because I want to think that there is something else after death. I don't think you are just over and that's it. Well I hope so anyway! xx

Sorry I know this is an oldish thread but I just want to say I think this is amazing and you are so lucky for this to have happened to you! I really believe in stuff like this, partly because I want to think that there is something else after death. I don't think you are just over and that's it. Well I hope so anyway! xx

Yes it is old thread and got very debated....BUT this is what this site is about !!............i totally agree with you......i do hope there is life after death....i would luv to come down (cos i will be going to heaven!!!!) and spook the people i did not like :lol: :lol:!!!!!!!!!!!! xxxxxxxxxxx

Hiya,

I'm going to answere the question..how do i know they were ghosts

The house i lived in for 4 years, the house that had other unexplained guests..
The old man..I brought the house of an old lady who was put in a home, she had problems with her mind? her hubby died on my kithchen floor naked, he collapsed getting a drink in the night.
It was'nt until the day i moved, the lady next door come round to say bye.
She noticed that with all our decoration and upgrade to the property, we never removed any of the locks on any of the internal doors E.G bedroom had security chain lock. key lock and brass bolt, so you could lock yourself in when you went to bed.
I kept those while hubby was on nights, I felt safer that way.

The old lady had those put on, she mentioned many times that her husband was still in the house, this is why they put her in a home, they thought she had gone mad.

I told the lady next door to me, that I have seen him many times.
That there was another man who lived with us as well, she went all cold when I told her. she told me they wre the same experiences as the old lady had who lived there before me.

This old lady and the lady next door were friends while the children were growing up, she new that she was not going mad, if only her family had taken in what she kept telling them.

The other funny guest was seen by me and hubby at the same time, I seen him many times..very weired looking no facial features, about 6ft 5inch tall with tiny arms, but very strong body like a body builder with a thick neck. this creature looked male, he had a cacoon..like a moth..and it spun at a high speed. His skin was dark like a dirty grey. THIS IS WHAT ME AND HUBBY SEEN IN OUR OLD HOUSE

I SAID, YOU LOT WOULD THINK IV'E GONE NUTTS

OH, yesterday i was walking accross the road, i cought the reflection of me in a shop window, behind me was a man with a hat on..like security hat..or service hat. I turned around, as he shocked me a little...guess what...no one was behind me, i scanned the street for a few mins while i got my breath back...no man with a hat.

Jenx

Hiya,

I'm going to answere the question..how do i know they were ghosts

The house i lived in for 4 years, the house that had other unexplained guests..
The old man..I brought the house of an old lady who was put in a home, she had problems with her mind? her hubby died on my kithchen floor naked, he collapsed getting a drink in the night.
It was'nt until the day i moved, the lady next door come round to say bye.
She noticed that with all our decoration and upgrade to the property, we never removed any of the locks on any of the internal doors E.G bedroom had security chain lock. key lock and brass bolt, so you could lock yourself in when you went to bed.
I kept those while hubby was on nights, I felt safer that way.

The old lady had those put on, she mentioned many times that her husband was still in the house, this is why they put her in a home, they thought she had gone mad.

I told the lady next door to me, that I have seen him many times.
That there was another man who lived with us as well, she went all cold when I told her. she told me they wre the same experiences as the old lady had who lived there before me.

This old lady and the lady next door were friends while the children were growing up, she new that she was not going mad, if only her family had taken in what she kept telling them.

The other funny guest was seen by me and hubby at the same time, I seen him many times..very weired looking no facial features, about 6ft 5inch tall with tiny arms, but very strong body like a body builder with a thick neck. this creature looked male, he had a cacoon..like a moth..and it spun at a high speed. His skin was dark like a dirty grey. THIS IS WHAT ME AND HUBBY SEEN IN OUR OLD HOUSE

I SAID, YOU LOT WOULD THINK IV'E GONE NUTTS

OH, yesterday i was walking accross the road, i cought the reflection of me in a shop window, behind me was a man with a hat on..like security hat..or service hat. I turned around, as he shocked me a little...guess what...no one was behind me, i scanned the street for a few mins while i got my breath back...no man with a hat.

Jenx

:eek::eek::eek: see , this is why i started this thread.......i love reading all these storys .....i find it sooooo interesting xxx

i believe
if had a few close calls feellng someone near me iv seen two ghosts
one was a woman when i was about 12/13 come out of my bedroom wall as though in bath room next door i went to hold her hand but she went back and smiled the second i was on bus 17 and i seen my grandad sat at the back of me looked again he had gone no didnt get off the bus
i was told by a physcic that im to watch what i say and he told me i was surposed to have got some rings [my nanas ingagement ans wedding ring even though i cud not wear them as they where to small my nanna died when i was 2 anyway about 5 years passed and i fond out my uncle has them and put them on a charm bracelet :eek: shocked i was i do like crystals and j always listen to my gut feeling p

i went to see a medium last night, she told me about my daughter who died when she was 2, about a miscarraige that i had years ago, about my ex mother in law who has just lost her husband, my nan,my irish conections and even that i have just had a new kitchen fitted !!! now tell me that is all just coincidence (sp)

No. no and thrice NO

Just my personal opinion

Last edited:
I could write a book on my conflicting opinions on paranormal/life after death!!

In a nutshell, I would like to believe, but deep down I dont think I do believe. The reason I would like to believe is because I have an irrational fear of death, and it would help me to know that there is something there after the lives we have now. That is the big thing for me, proof.

Now having said that, there are one or two things that have make me think in the past. Firstly, if you saw my recent blog, this will make sense to you. When I was pregnant with my daughter my friend went to see a medium. This medium apparently told her that she has a pregnant friend (me). She said that This friend is happy at the moment but her world is going to fall apart, she will be left alone with the baby and she will need every bit of help from her friends as something catastrophic is going to happen. At the time I said "yeah, right", as far as I was concerned everything was just peachy and no one could have predicted what was going to happen. Now, that could have been a wild shot in the dark, but if it was it was a bloody good one!!!!!

My second thing is this: My mum and dad moved into a bungalow, all the rooms lead off from a central corridor, and all the rooms had a bolt on the door on the corridor side (lord knows why). Apparently my dad went to the pub one night, mum went to bed, and the next day they argued because my dad said she had someone in the house while he was out, mum denied it, and dad said she was bolted in the bedroom from the other side of the door. Up to then mum had told me about a couple of strange goings on in the house but to be honest my mum is the dramatic type who would interpret anything as a psychic experience so I didnt pay any attention. My dad on the other hand is the most sceptic being you could ever wish to meet, and he would no way make up or dramatise something like this.

Despite these two things, I still remain uncertain, I'm not naive enough to think that there is no more to existence than what we are aware of, but I just dont know enough to be persuaded........yet. Wish I did though.

Hey i defo believe in them and have been to quite a few some are chancers but there are so many genuine amazing ones!!!!

i agree, also people always ask for proof that afterlife exists, well what about the proof that tells me it doesnt ???

I beleive...WHY....cos things have happened to my family......my dads dad died years ago.......now my dad would never believe ...but this day he see his dad .....he has never told me this story , my brother did.....i wont tell you what was said......

Like i have said before....some people believe some don't that's your opinion .....i just like to read the stories of something happening to people......i find it very interesting x

this is what i was saying, nobody has yet had proof that the aftrlife DOESNT exsist, so until they do give me proofi belive ! my brother is a batchlor of science and he doesnt belive and i say to him as he says to me ' but you cant prove it !'

i agree, also people always ask for proof that afterlife exists, well what about the proof that tells me it doesnt ???

You have two choices.
1. You can believe in anything that has not been proved false to your satisfaction.

2. You can believe in only stuff that you have evidence for.

No-one has proved that an undetectable dragon does not live in my garage. This dragon may come out and hurt me. Should I believe in it? Or laugh at it? If I accept the first choice above then I must accept it because it is impossible to prove it faille. If you accept the second choice above then you can laugh at it.

Put it another way. Someone comes you and tries to sell you snake oil and tells you 'if you drink this then you will live forever. No-one has proved me wrong yet.' Do you buy his snake oil? Tell me lilly, where do you live? I have some snake oil you might be interested in.:)

very good, so how would you explain that someone, who you have never met, knows some very personal stuff about you that is very close to your heart and is not common knowledge, i dont mean the normal crap like who's birthday is on the 5 day of the month ? i mean about children that have died etc ? like it has been said before we all have our own choices what we belive and sarcastic comments are not really called for, so no i wont be leaving my address for you

Your reply is a very good start. I am not going to tell you the answers. That is for you to work out for yourself. There are several options.

RJH...........Oh I see, you're talking about cold readings. Ok, give me one now and I'll give you honest feedback as to how accurate you are.

Latest posts

Back