do you get clients because of who you trained with ???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rach269

Reaction score
hi geeks

one for all........
do you get clients cause of who you trained with ?

before I found this site I had never heard of any of the company's out there :rolleyes:

do you think the public think oh they are so and so trained ill go there ?

I'll look forward to you reply's :hug:

I haven't had it personally but I would imagine that there is alot of truth in your question.

I hadn't heard of any of the nail academys when I first started training, I think if i had I would of chosen a different path but I would imagine that there are clients who have been to say a Creative trained tech and if that tech moved would want another of the same standard.

IMO Teri x:hug:

To be honest I don't think the public are that educated. I mean if people went somewhere because of the product the nss's would be out of business!

I guess the answer to this question would be 'yes' but only because if a tech has had an excellent training thus providing a good foundation and knowledge base, then they are likely to be good at their job. Along with this comes 'word of mouth' and 'good reputation' which in turn leads to more business.

I personally don't think the public in general even know themselves what other brands of product are out there. When I have asked the majoity of my potential clients what product they are wearing currently or had in the past, the replies are mostly, 'I don't know' or 'just acrylic'.

I have had at least 3 people who have come to me specifically because of the company I trained with and product line I use.

They have all been new to my area and have looked specifically for a similarly trained technician to who they have been used to.

YES!

I definitely got clients who specifically wanted a Creative trained technician.
Clients who have been used to the product and the look of their enhancements and the way their natural nails have been looked after will always want more of the same. If for some reason their technician stops doing nails...or if they move to another area....The client will look for another Creative tech for sure!!!!

My clients come to me mostly through recommendation and that recommendation I give credit to my training with Creative. Without my Creative training I wouldn't be as competent and able to deal with any client with any type of nail. However, I don't think the general public are educated in what to look for in a good nail technician otherwise so many people wouldn't pass me to follow the majority of the public to NSS salons.

It is very sad and very disheartening to me but true.

In my honest opinion, I think that Creative is very recognised company, and alot of people offfer Creative services and products as a way of enticing you in, knowing or having heard that they are one of the best around. However, in my neck of the woods, alot of salons that offer Creative, dont actually and the products they use are substandard, as are the services!

Im not working yet, as I am setting up my own salon, but a few of the ladies who's nails I have done, have heard of Creative before and were very impressed that I was doing all my training with them!

Dont know if this has any bearing on your question lol!! I do tend to bable!! xx

Clients come to me mostly via word of mouth but they haven't a clue about training providers or products until I tell them, So yes my training has made me the tech I am today But being with a certain company for training hasn't I hope that makes sense :confused:

I'd have to say Yes

All the companies I deal with, by supporting & promoting their professional systems in return do the same for me/us.
Continued advancement, support & education from them also play a big part in selecting your preference

Creative Nail Design - Natalie Aromatherapy/Beauty & Vani-t & other salon systems ie: waxing/tinting we use, are published & featured in top magazines & media one way or another.
Giving the editors of these mags etc a first hand [lol] experience of the products we will in turn be retailing & using.

The interest from the general public, created by them for us, all the companies mentioned above have a referral base & free call numbers.

When contacted they then pass on our details as the nearest, contact/therapist/retailer @ no extra charge, how good is that!

Over the Christmas holidays & even as recently as yesterday, I've had calls regarding the tanning retail from Vani-t & have made sales from it.
The Bodywear range has recently been featured in a National Health magazine a 99% natural based line, so even more interest has been generated making it a bit easier for me/us.

I've been working from a home based business & mobile with no passing trade. This really helps to let people know where you are & assure them before they get to you that they are in good hands with great products.

HtH

XX J XX

thanks for all your responses :hug:

I'm not a tech, but personally I always look for a Creative trained tech. I've just found that the products suit me and my nails very well. Everything else I have tried I haven't been thrilled with, but I would assume it depends on what works best on each individual.

LCN have put a fair bit of business my way when people have phoned them looking for an LCN qualified tech in my area!

I have been asked if u use Creative products...but never asked if i was trained with creative...so i guess its more to do with the products than where you trained (through a clients eyes). x

I have had at least 3 people who have come to me specifically because of the company I trained with and product line I use.

They have all been new to my area and have looked specifically for a similarly trained technician to who they have been used to.

i've had a couple too.

fiona, how does that work out as a percentage of your trade.

I dont think so.
I trained with the best in my country but people dont know that. They dont really care i dont think. And if i do tell them or show them my cert they still wouldn't know if it was the best or not.
But i have a few clients that were referred to me by my school. People tend to ring beauty schools and beauticians like a directory and ask who is around.

I have a window sticker and logo in my Yellow Pages ad showing which products I use, I have had a couple of clients ring because the know I use these products and they have experienced them in the past.

YES!! :lol: Actually,

Big Yes!!

i get asked sometimes what products i use so i think some people are more clued up than others and i think if youre using the higher range ones they go for it

Yes - my client consultation card asks where they got my name and number from so I can track the success of advertising and pass on my 'refer a friend' discounts.

When they put Yellow Pages I ask why they picked me and it's usually because of who I trained with and my level of training :D

Latest posts

Back