Do you think I should tell clients im a guy B4 they book?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Personally I'd love to have my nails done by a man, but then some would say i'm just a perv lol :lol::lol: (thats not the real reason btw)

I just think that women can work in a mans world and want respect for doing it and be seen as equal, then why not a man in a "womans" world (as beauty is often seen).

rachel x

PMSL:lol: Thanx babe you can perv on me any day lol x

LOL prob is my first name is Chase so not the most macho name in the world :lol:

Change your name to Frank :green:

Seriously though I can't see a problem, I've nearly always had male hairdressers - good luck xxx

I'd love to have a male nail tech! is that really sad?

I can see why you would worry a little unfortunatly some of the general public are crazy!lol!

You hear this all the time from women in male industrys - and there is usually some comment about it never happening to men, so its interesting it does.

I would assume my therapist was female but to be honest would not phase me if they were male...

Go for it xxx

Sometimes us guys get such a hard time! I'm a massage therapist and some people get a bit freaked out when they realise I'm the one doing the massaging. Two things that often put the girls mind at rest:

"Just so you know when you come for your appointment, my boyfriend also works at home running his own greeting card business so there will be someone else in the house."

Or most commonly:

"If you want to bring a friend, they can sit in on the treatment if you'll feel more comfortable."

The great thing about the 2nd one, you've got a captive audience to see how good you are. I always leave out some reading materials about my product range and even some samples. Quite often the friend becomes a client or buys a product. :)

Good luck!
Mat x

I dont think it has anything to do with the service, of course men can make fantastic nail techs.

I think its more of a safety issue with lone women visiting your home.

This is a personal opinion (dont shoot me) but I would not feel safe visiting a male techinician that i didnt know at his home.

I would have to bring a friend.

Champagne x

The only time I have felt unsafe was when visiting a female client in her own home.

She was 'not quite the ticket' IMO and actually blocked my way went I was leaving as she wanted to say another prayer for me.

The only time I have felt unsafe was when visiting a female client in her own home.

She was 'not quite the ticket' IMO and actually blocked my way went I was leaving as she wanted to say another prayer for me.

Wow not a nice experience. How did you get out? We forget that although people are scared of men, some ladies out there are a lot bigger and stronger than some men.

I would say 99% of people ((men and women)) are perfectly safe to visit!

becki xxx

I think I may as well out myself as a perv like Rach too! Thats one of the reasons I have stayed so loyal to my hairdresser, because I fancy the pants off him, unfortunatly his boyfriend does too, not that I mind too much - I fancy him aswell!

Anyhoo,
It wouldn't bother me in the slightest, I don't think even if I didn't know and I got there I would be so shocked I'd leave.

When I was trying to get a apprenticeship in the motor trade I was finding it really difficult so I sent out some letters removing the 'e' from the end of the name - making me Louis. When I turned up to an interview people were quite shocked, I just said 'oooops, typo!' - Serves you right for ignoring me when I was Louise!!!

xxx

I dont think it has anything to do with the service, of course men can make fantastic nail techs.

I think its more of a safety issue with lone women visiting your home.

This is a personal opinion (dont shoot me) but I would not feel safe visiting a male techinician that i didnt know at his home.

I would have to bring a friend.

Champagne x

Yeah, but I think you can feel safe with an old poof like me,
shall I camp it up on the phone just to make you feel better? Answer the door in drag perhaps? Change my name to Julian?

Or would you rather me be straight and look like the new doctor who or George Clooney? (would you still knock me back then, just because I'm a man) ?

A lot of the top techs in this industry are male so I don't think you need to worry about gaining clients.
A man has always done my nails.
Go for it!!

I must admit i had a good few laughs reading all the posts!!!
In all honesty, I prefer guys doing my hair (probabaly why it's been a while since guys are hard to find here as far as I am aware) and if i would be spoiled for choice I would have all those famous nail blokes attacking me on a regular basis! I am a girly girl but definitely a man's woman....
Although I do appreciate the fact that some people could be intimidated by visiting a guy (but I personally wouldn't like to visit anyone at their home for treatments for that matter, simply because I personally would feel safer in a salon environment! I have never been fussed on going into a stranger's house to perform treatments either unless they were regulars to begin with, if that makes sense....)

At the same time, if I were you, i would milk the fact that you are a gay male technician-you should be the ultimate safe option for women!

People can be stupid, we have a couple of gay couples in our friendly circle and if i would honestly think that I couldn't bring David with me for the risk of him getting jumped!!!!:rolleyes:

I also have a gay girlfriend here in work, and I don't go around with my back against the wall incase she wants to grope me????

Anyway, milk it!!!!! Make a big thing out of it!!!!!Become the biggest hit in your town!!!

And Angelina if you are listening??? I am here!!!!!!:Grope:

:hug:
Take care hun!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
BUT I"M THE ONLY GAY IN THE VILLAGE :lol:
GAY

Last edited:
In fact...thinking about it...if that's you on your avatar pic put it on your business cards too...they'll be ringing for appointments non stop:) and once they now your situation they will be completely at ease although some might still secretly fancy you....
Alas another perve on the site:lol:

all for the better!!!! less competition!!!!!!!

xx

Yes, just like these famous women surrounding themselves with hot hunky gay men!!!:Grope:

Exploit your looks darling!!!!:lol:

In fact...thinking about it...if that's you on your avatar pic put it on your business cards too...they'll be ringing for appointments non stop:) and once they now your situation they will be completely at ease although some might still secretly fancy you....
Alas another perve on the site:lol:

In all seriousness,this actually could really work,and could act as your logo :idea:

Some of the best Nail Techs in the world are male i.e Anthony Buckley, Danny Haile, i could go on for ages but i won't bore you with useless info...

GOOD LUCK, don't let people get you down Just give the most of what your best at!!!!
:)

yes we need a new 'group' added on Salongeek!!!
'Desperate married nail women needing gays as pals for having extra glamour in life!'

Anyone????:Love:

Latest posts

Back