Do you wear rings during working hours?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ring wearing in working hours:

• No, I remove all rings.

Votes: 25 32.1%
  • I wear my wedding ring.

Votes: 18 23.1%
  • I wear my wedding ring, engagement, ring, eternity ring.

Votes: 24 30.8%
  • Other

Votes: 12 15.4%

• Total voters
i wear 2 rings, my butterfly ring on my left hand thumb and a ring on my right hand that Gareth gave me for my birthday last year, i wear gloves when doing enhancements so they dont affect me.... if i am going a mani or pedi i take them off when doing scrubs and massage etc...

Jess
xox

I wear my rings (engagement and wedding) all the time, the only time I remove them is when Im making pastry. They dont get in the way when Im doing any of my treatments.

I give them a good clean with gin, every 3 weeks! :green:

Jesus Hayls what a waste of good gin girl pmsl

I wear wedding and engagement rings for everything, apart from luxury mani/pedi, when the creams, masque and lotions just get clogged in everything, then i remove them, otherwise they stay on, i usually rmeove my watch, only cos its big and bulky, cos i wear the bracelet type ones

xxxxx

I take my rings off during treatments and put them in my pocket but when I'm finished I put them straight back on.

I voted other, because,

When doing enhancements I don't remove my rings.

When doing manicures or pedicures, I remove my diamond rings but leave my wedding ring on.

I have been married 20 years and have never taken my wedding ring off:)

Exactly what i was going to say!!!!

I am as yet not married though when I am I expect I would probably leave my wedding ring on.
I don't normally wear any rings at all (trherefore have selected other)

Amy

I have voted other as I feel I will leave my wedding ring on for enhancements but for manicures and pedicures using creams and exfoliant I htink I'll take my wedding ring off as the design of it is raised and I wouldn't want to scratch my client of get grit or anything inbetween the diamonds.

Exactly what i was going to say!!!!

Exactly!!! Everything stays on!!!! Not taken my laser ring off for anyone or anything......

Have a look at the pic in my profile, would you? And it's my wedding anniversary today!:)

I wear more jewellery in my face than on my hands! And never once has a client said to me 'take that out, it looks awful', in fact the older clients tell me they wish they'd had X pierced when they were my age!!

But yes I take all rings off, unless I have a spray tan, in which case I leave a nice chunky silver ring on, but would still take that off for facials, massage etc

I remove all rings when doing any form of massage, pedicure or manicure. I would leave them on for most other beauty treatments as long as they didnt involve any form of massage.

Couldn't have said it better!!! Thats exactly what I do!! :) Like Sodabubble I have more jewellery/piercings in my ears & face than anywhere else but as they aren't something that bothers people they always stay in!!! I am who I am!!! Along with all my tatts!! (Don't see it as a bad thing, most people are amazed at them & want them also)!!
Used to wear lots of rings but can't now as annoy me!! Must have been a youth thing, not that I'm that old yet, just feel it, lol!! Just wear my engagement ring, wedding ring & eternity ring now, really. Thats all I need!!!!! :O)

Last edited:
So, do you wear rings when you are performing your work duties?

No I remove mine, only because of the stone on my engagement ring and also my wedding bad is encrusted in diamonds and not smooth so dont want to get any gunk in it!!!!!

Was always told at college as well that we were only allowed to wear a pain band and that was it.

I always remove my rings, as i would not like to stab anyone with my diamonds lol, i do where a watch, necklace and small earings otherwise i feel a bit naked.:)

I put no rings. I only wear a wedding ring anyway, so just slip it off before I wash my hands for each treatment.

I don't wear any jewellery except a medical bracelet, but then I am only a trainee and I am not married.
I wouldn't wear my engagement ring though if I had one in case of getting product (ie: massage cream) into the stones or getting water under the band and getting sore fingers!

Would you go to a nail tech who wears a medical bracelet? my tutor's make me take it off saying its unproffesional even though people are allowed to keep on wedding rings

I think this is disgusting behaviour from your tutors. You wear this type of bracelet to enable medics to know your medical history in case of emergencies. I would definately take this further within your college and demand the right to wear it AT ALL TIMES. I think they are being extremely unprofessional to suggest that you remove it, if it is a legitimate medic alert type bracelet.

No, it definately would not put me off going to a nail tech (or any other type of therapist) if they wore such a bracelet.

I think this is disgusting behaviour from your tutors. You wear this type of bracelet to enable medics to know your medical history in case of emergencies. I would definately take this further within your college and demand the right to wear it AT ALL TIMES. I think they are being extremely unprofessional to suggest that you remove it, if it is a legitimate medic alert type bracelet.

No, it definately would not put me off going to a nail tech (or any other type of therapist) if they wore such a bracelet.

I also think this is highly dangerous.

Are they leaving themselves open to litigation if anything happens to you and you don't have your bracelet on to notify paramedics etc?

You'd think they'd have something in their policy to allow medical bracelets considering the importance of them. Wedding rings etc are not necessary pieces of jewellery so I can't see why they are ok but your bracelet is classed as unprofessional.

I would speak to the Dean about it - maybe it's just the tutors personal preference for you not to wear it. But I'd check up on it.

I wear only one ring which is channel set with 21 diamonds, so it comes off regularly anyway, whether I'm working or not.
When I was a theatre sister I asked my staff to remove any and all rings which would physically come off. Fewer chances of any mishaps that way.
The ladies here who say that they wouldn't take a ring off for anyone or anything - let's hope you never have to have an MRI scan, or a major operation. They'll make you take them off then!

I wear my wedding ring my bracelet and my watch and tiffany necklace and my earrings, But when washing my hands ring comes off and goes in the sink with the water and soap then. I sanitise with the ring off and then again when i put it on again.(habit) I take watch, bracelet and ring off for mani, pedi, Yucky bits get caught so I take them off.

Hi there,

with quite a bit of surgery behind me; they have never asked me twice if I would take off my wedding ring (engagement and one other one, fine).
As soon as I said that I preferred not to, they just wound a bit of tape around it.....
Which is common practise here because it has been suggested a few times without being asked first!

If it would be for a proper medical reason, I don't think any rational thinking person would object:smack:

Christel

Hi,
I only take my rings off for mani & pedi, just becauce I don't want them gunked up. But always worry if I forget to put them back on.
I have a few large semi precious stone rings I like to wear one on my right hand when doing nails, it looks glam, my clients love them, but they have to come off when waxing, they would probably take a chunk out of someone if they slipped sideways.
Always wear a nice watch, earings and a bracelet. Feel more girly with my bling.
Lotsa luv x :hug:

I remove them at all times nothing worse than someone elses gunk trapped in them .I remove both engagement and wedding ring and watch when doing massage ,in case i catch a skin tag on the client and rip! i think it is terrible that tutors have to make you remove your medical bracelets...and they do know how important and lifesaving they are.

My rings are quite bulky and I have to remove them except my wedding ring because I do beauty treatments which include IHM and FBM and would't like to injur my clients.

Latest posts

Back