Dr. called to tell me lady appointment time

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nails honest it doesn't hurt, it takes about 50 seconds & just stings slightly, very similar well almost exactly like having swabs done down below.

I went had it done & was like does this hurt & she said well you tell me were now all done! see you in 3 years lol never really felt anything!

go on book your appointment! same for any other girls putting it off, You'll wonder what all the fuss was about. xx

Nails honest it doesn't hurt, it takes about 50 seconds & just stings slightly, very similar well almost exactly like having swabs done down below.

I went had it done & was like does this hurt & she said well you tell me were now all done! see you in 3 years lol never really felt anything!

go on book your appointment! same for any other girls putting it off, You'll wonder what all the fuss was about. xx

The kids go back to school next week so will book in for it then. I have just rang the doctors to book isabella in for her last jabs Before school and having to wait a week so will ring Friday so I don't have to drag the kids along. Think it would scar them lol :)

It's definitely so important to me especially as most of the women in my family have passed away due to cancer. I don't think it's the fact of actually having the test done, the thing that scares me is actually having something and leaving my kids. One of my biggest fears is dying so even thinking about it is terrifying which doesn't help. Quite crazy really.

I actually had a dream last week that I was dying of cancer and I went to my old house and said goodbye to my neighbours who I haven't seen in 8 odd years, I then drank a milkshake and I wasn't dying. Crazy! It's one of the things that actually plays on my mind and does scare the hell out of me but what If I did have some sort of problem and I was too much of a baby to get it sorted? Sorry for the rant! X

Do you know, that was my reason for being scared before i had my first done, not because of pain but incase they found something, so I totally understand. & same as my family, my nanas mum died at 42 of cervical cancer, my nana had to have a hysterectomy because of something cancerous not too sure what? & my mum & 2 aunty's have both had pre cancerous cells burnt away & im not sure about my auntys as i dont see them but i know my mum has to go for a smear every 12 months now as opposed to every 3 years, so it is worrying. x

I hate it, it REALLY hurt me, everyone else says it doesn't hurt though lol

I think it hurts too. Make me feel really sick then I can't stop crying

It must just depend on each person x

They're not pleasant AT ALL but I always go. The consequences are much scarier to think about than a bit of prodding around my lady bits!

Ladies PLEEEEEEEASE get booking your appointments.

I know some of you are seriously worried but think of it as only one day out of your life. A life which may be shortened if you don't get yourself checked.

It's only one day of discomfort, misery, embarrassment or whatever it is you are scared of - that won't kill you will it? The Alternative might!

Go and get it over with. If your trying for a baby theres much worse to come ;-)

But you should go, i spent years working in end of life care and i never miss my appointments. Checks are there for a reason x Ankles together knees apart lol x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

I agree, they do hurt BUT I expect cancer hurts a whole lot more.

I thought the one good thing to come from having my hysterectomy would be no more smear tests (they took away my cervix aswell) but I've just had an appointment come through the post. That can't be right surely ??? Xx

I thought the one good thing to come from having my hysterectomy would be no more smear tests (they took away my cervix aswell) but I've just had an appointment come through the post. That can't be right surely ??? Xx

hmm phone your dr tomorrow, If you have no cervix I wonder what they'd actually be scraping? I'm not too sure, maybe it's an automatic letter & wires have been crossed xx

i had letter for my first one a month after i turned 20, most of my friends had just had their's so i just booked it.
it was uncomfortable but not painful but as someone said, it probably depends on each person. i've just had my letter to say all's fine so makes that awkward and uncomfortable 5mins worth it :)

Sent from my GT-S5830i using SalonGeek

hmm phone your dr tomorrow, If you have no cervix I wonder what they'd actually be scraping? I'm not too sure, maybe it's an automatic letter & wires have been crossed xx

Yep will do. I wondered that too?! Xx

Anyone who's putting it off I know it's a pain but please please please go! I was 26 when I found out I had cervical cancer it was just after the birth of my third child. I put off appointments for years and finally went as part of a routine examination before I was sterilised, I'm so glad I did! They told me if I'd of left it I would of had to have a hysterectomy or died instead of 3/4 of my cervix removed as I did. If I'd of gone sooner I may have got away with just having them scrapped away who knows. I now have to go every 6 months for check ups my next one is next week. I'd much rather go every 3 years like a 'normal' person but I was stupid and put it off. Every time im due to go I look at my 3 beautiful children and I know why I'm going. They may not have had a mummy now if I wouldn't of. Please go :) x

Anyone who's putting it off I know it's a pain but please please please go! I was 26 when I found out I had cervical cancer it was just after the birth of my third child. I put off appointments for years and finally went as part of a routine examination before I was sterilised, I'm so glad I did! They told me if I'd of left it I would of had to have a hysterectomy or died instead of 3/4 of my cervix removed as I did. If I'd of gone sooner I may have got away with just having them scrapped away who knows. I now have to go every 6 months for check ups my next one is next week. I'd much rather go every 3 years like a 'normal' person but I was stupid and put it off. Every time im due to go I look at my 3 beautiful children and I know why I'm going. They may not have had a mummy now if I wouldn't of. Please go :) x

Awww so glad you had a happy outcome and certainly puts our silly fears into perspective xxx

Im 26 and have been having them done since I was 16. From 21 till I was 25 I had to have it done every year due to havin abnormal cells (result of an operation when I was 21) I found the only time it hurt was when I tensed, for me it feels like a second of the burning sensation when you go to the toilet when suffering from cystitis. But that's all it is, a second :) so my advice is just RELAX!

You will still need a smear test after a hysterectomy, even when you've no cervix remaining - it's called a Vault Smear, and they take cells from the area where the cervix would have been if that makes sense!

What age do you have to start having them done in the UK? I had my first one at 16, that was nerve wracking.

What age do you have to start having them done in the UK? I had my first one at 16, that was nerve wracking.

It was changed from 21 to 25 but people want it reducing xx

Latest posts

Back