Driving Theory test!! How do I keep calm?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coppertop

Reaction score
OMG I have my theroy test on Wednesday and i am so nervous that i feel like i could be sick.
Now i'm worried that i will fail cos i'm so wound up aboout the bloody thing.
HellLP!
How do i keep calm?

aww hun i first did mine and jacked driving lessons in so ran outta time , then next time i failed it , lol then i passed again and made sure i did pass my test :lol:
it really isnt too bad , take some rescue remedy and it will calm you down hun xxxx

I never took a theory test as you did not have to in my day !!!! (showing my tender age !!!!!).......

When i took my test i just thought about it as another lesson........i suppose you could try that......good luck huni.....let us know how you get on xxxxxxxxx

i had my driving theory test last july. i got the book out and studied all the questions. i also did lots of online practice theory tests which helped a lot. there is a dvd which explains everything and what happens when you get there etc.... if you haven't already got it though it might be a bit late. try the online theory tests as they will build your confidence. most of the questions are really common sense.
when i had mine i really took my time and made sure i read all the questions correctly.
Free Online Mock Driving Theory Tests / Exams / Practice

Online Driving Theory Test Practice Mock Theory Test Questions

try these sites. it really does help to practice
good luck!!

I didn't have a theory test either...came out just after I took my driving test...

but make sure you get a really good nights sleep beforehand....eat a banana before your test....
and just remember this isn't life or death...there is so much worse things that could happen to you than failing it.... You fail...you take it again...So what? It's cool... it does happen....

If you pass...fantastic...you can celebrate and wonder what on earth you were worrying about....

If you fail...fantastic...you can re-take it and have a head start on the type of questions that are asked...you can still celebrate...because you took the test and lived!!!!!! :lol:

By the way...best of luck to you.... just take deep breaths....and focus...and here is a lucky :hug: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Jo's advise is fab

get good nights sleep eat somehting like a banana before it and use rescue remedy if need be hun

also, the best thing to tell yourself is, its dosent matter if i fail, i'll just take it again, its no biggie etc, if you set yourself up to believe iots the most important thing and its going to be awful if you fail, the pressure will make you stress and make it even harder, i know i worried myself sick about mine, i was one of the first few hundred people to take it, it had been going 4 weeks when i took mine, so had no online practise tests or books etc to help, i was petrified, i walked in answered the questions, sat there thinking theres 30 mins left i must have done something wrong and wouldnt leave until someone else finished lol, turns out i got 30/30 and no lost marks at all,

but i always get myself wound up before tests or exams, and have found to tell myself failure is not a problem ill resit etc, no big deal, helps so much

good luck hun, you will be fine chick xxxxxx

Take some Bachs Rescue Remedy hun and keep topping up with it x

Awww hun, dont worry, sure you'll be fine, sorry cant give any advice, they didn't do these tests when I took my driving test! GOOD LUCK! x x

If you have revised then you know the answers...if you know the answers then you have nothing to worry about.

Just 1 bit i remember from my therory.....

Q...if the rider of a horse is signalling to the right, which way is the horse going...??

A...any...just cos the rider wants to go right doesn't mean the horse will.

My instructor told me this one and i laughed at the time....thank goodness he did cos it came up on my test.

My kids all passed their theory 1st time .......... It cant be that bad ......

Youll pass with flying colours .......... Take some kalms (think thats what they are called)

Good luck xx

Champagne x

I did the theory test back in 1997, and it was not that bad at all - the actual driving test itself was a lot worse (got 100% on the theory test but failed my practical driving test first time) - not sure how it has changed in the 11 years since I took mine...

To keep calm hun,
Revise as much as possible...
the more you know the less you have to fear,

It really isnt that scary at the time I promise,
I am one of the most nervous people you could talk to lol,
and I passed !!!

I recommend Bach's rescue remedy...it cuts out all of the body's nervous reactions....shakes ...dry mouth etc...without all of these things ,you instantly feel calmer.
Some people say its placebo...who cares though as long as it works lol,....

Take some hard boiled sweets to suck on during the test...

Most questions are common sense, and are multiple choice...
You will be fine sweetie :hug:

Stay calm!!!! come on, deep breaths inn........outttt..........

Seriously, dont look at it as a test. When I did my driving test I rolled all the way down a hill in neutral, right at the start of the test. After that I just thought "well I've failed now, no point trying" and I just drove normally. At the end of the test when she told me I had passed I was so shocked!!! She obviously hadnt noticed, but because I'd resigned myself to not trying I'm sure I just relaxed and got on with it.

Stay calm, its not a test, just something you've got to do :hug:

ღMandyღ;715218 said:
OMG I have my theroy test on Wednesday and i am so nervous that i feel like i could be sick.
Now i'm worried that i will fail cos i'm so wound up aboout the bloody thing.
HellLP!
How do i keep calm?

hello......
i took my theory test last friday for the first time and i was sooooooooooooo nervous,(i had about 5 fags before going in the test center:lol:)i been taking my lessons for a year now and i just kept putting the test off,so my boyfriend booked and paid for it online and said,'your taking your test,here is the conformation':eek:he booked it really early 8am because he knew i would be driving myself mad worrying about it,if it had been later in the day...i got 46/50 for the questions and on the hazard part i passed but only just,by 2 points yipppppeeeeeee!i was over the moon,i have booked driving test in march and i am even more nervous:irked: but you will be fine,you take a practise test before starting..made me feel better..so i just got stuck in...GOOD LUCK!!! your be fine.xxx xxx

Well done Sarahlouise and good luck for your driving test!

Thanks all for your support, I've never heard of this rescue remedy! I'll be going in smiling my head off, they'll think i'm unhinged :lol:

I've revised and done the online tests and passed. I've done the hazard perception tests and passed BUT i am just nervous:eek:

I can't explain why, maybe it's cos i really need to pass and really want to pass?

Tell me ladies, where can i get my mits on some of this remedy??
I think i may need to stock up fpr the driving test :cry:

boots sell it so just ask there. can i just say i only know one person who has failed and he never did any revision and he is male-lol. i'm sure you'll be fine. you are in a little booth with your headphones on and you can leave as soon as you've finished or you can use all your allotted time. it really is not scary at all and when you pass you will wonder what the fuss was all about. please let us know how you get on.

ღMandyღ;715498 said:
Well done Sarahlouise and good luck for your driving test!

Thanks all for your support, I've never heard of this rescue remedy! I'll be going in smiling my head off, they'll think i'm unhinged :lol:

I've revised and done the online tests and passed. I've done the hazard perception tests and passed BUT i am just nervous:eek:

I can't explain why, maybe it's cos i really need to pass and really want to pass?

Tell me ladies, where can i get my mits on some of this remedy??
I think i may need to stock up fpr the driving test :cry:

thank you :hug:
i hope you do well on wednesday..let us know how you get on! you WILL PASS just practise like mad,i did...everyday leading up to it,so it paid off in the end.. xxxxx

I'm off to Boots in the morning ladies, lol.

Well i'm obsessed now, just got 49 out of 50 on a practice test. If i fail now i'll be sobbing to you all.

Test is 11am on Wednesday mornning so i'll let you all know as soon as i get home. Look out for the thread :lol:

Gonna do one hazard test then shower, nightcap and bed. Thanks all :hug:

Good luck Mandy ... you'll be just fine.

Stay calm and stock up with Bach's Rescue Remedy! xx

Every one is different....I revised for weeks prior to my theory and passed everytime i did the online test and hazard perception. I too was nervous but kept saying to myself "so what if i fail, least i gave it my best shot" and i think because i didnt go with the attitude of "oh my god what will people say if i fail, I HAVE to pass" i sailed through it and thought afterwards...was that it?? it really is common sense questions and multiple choice at that.
The hazard perception test you must remember not to keep clicking otherwise it can fail you on that clip. I think there was 13 clips when i did mine and each clip only had 1 hazard exept one which had 2. I passed anyway lol and went for my driving test with the same attitude, not to please anyone but to do it for me, i also passed that 1st time also.

All my lads have passed their theory but only one has passed the driving test as yet, one should have done it last week but it was cancelled due to the fog and the other should be putting in for it but has had to hold back due to his hand been plated and pinned.

Good luck chick, you will be fine :hug:

Latest posts

Back