E file

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glenda

Reaction score
Hi can any one give me advise on an e file please. I have tennis elbow ,had one injection into joint and no way want another. Magnetic do a nice portable one looks very snazzy in chrome. also i was told you don't use reverse as some of the bits are only right handed please please any advise.

Hi can any one give me advise on an e file please. I have tennis elbow ,had one injection into joint and no way want another. Magnetic do a nice portable one looks very snazzy in chrome. also i was told you don't use reverse as some of the bits are only right handed please please any advise.

I would always advise a Kupa Drill over any other if you have to use one.

Aren't e-files designed for both left and right handed people? So wouldn't the efile work no matter what bit you use? I'm not left handed so I don't know, but that would be my understanding.

My suggestion is go try different e-files to find out what works best for you. It should feel comfortable in your hand, light weight, well balanced, cord not tugging on it, etc. If you are able to attend some beauty shows that is a great opportunity to check out some different e-files.

I tend to use my e-file on my 2 hands, so with my 2 hands, no problem, with mine I can change the rotation if really I feel like I should. (very rare now)

I don't think it's good for these babies to be carried around if you ask me. our customer care (for tech/machine) told me once that those have to be handled quitely and avoid any kind of shock, otherwise it may make things inside not straight and imagine what you file if it doesn't turn around a straight line/*axe*

YN-99 from Young Nails is fab, it has transformed my day to day! I suffer with back problems and have pain in my neck because of my back and this little beauty has really helped. It is almost silent and so easy to use. They do training as well! :)

yes i recently bought the YN99 from young nails. its fantastic, the best. the handpiece is very light, which is important for the user.

OH Doorie, you reminded me that I do that when I do my own nails. Duh!!! Was that a blonde moment or what? :lol:

I've been considering looking into one myself so this is a nice handy thread.

For those who have changed over to an efile, after the training did you find it easy enough to get to grips with?

Im a little concerned of the damage I may do in the learning period :eek: lol.

OH Doorie, you reminded me that I do that when I do my own nails. Duh!!! Was that a blonde moment or what? :lol:
hihi it happens ;)

as for damage in training
during a training, the model has to know you're learning. as to avoid most damage... try it on your hand first- and you will see what you have to do to avoid burning, and so on.

hihi it happens ;)

as for damage in training
during a training, the model has to know you're learning. as to avoid most damage... try it on your hand first- and you will see what you have to do to avoid burning, and so on.

Thanks for that. Ive been thinking about it for a while. To reduce waste on files mostly. Does the training quality between brands of efile differ dramatically or is it of a pretty high standard through most companies?

Sorry for all the questions but I was thinking about it this past week quite a bit.

I need to get one as I suffer terribly with my neck and arms so am interested in watching this thread :)

some bits do only work in one direction, mostly the swiss carbides. they are designed to shave of the product rather than grind it to powder and are very effective as well as making far less dust than traditional bits.

i recently did a class with viv simmonds from australia and she was using a portable e-file that was excellent. i am not sure what the make was but she said she has them for sale on her site. again i am not sure of the site but i believe her business is called vivid nails.

IMO another way to learn how to use an E-file, after training, is to practice on yourself. You learn pretty quickly how much pressure to use or not use and how to hold it properly. Also, there are bits designed now days that will make it easier for you to use and have no fear of causing damage. I have one that is cone shaped and rounded that I use for just about everything I need. Talking with a well trained and informed sales rep for the e-file company and explaining to them what you are wanting to do, they should know exactly what kind of bit to recommend for you.

I think I have like...15-20 bits that I can use... plus some test ones... nail art ones.. etc.

but imo you would need like... 3 to cover most things.
also don't imagine that the e-file will totally replace hand file..

as for training, go with a reliable company, ask as many questions as you can, and practice on you, on a mannequin hand (if it stinks then you've burnt it) and so on.

what do you call a Swiss Carbide? (coming from switzerland it kinda made me laugh..)

..and you could apply liquid and powder to wooden pegs or sticks that are the same thickness as a finger.. then practice e-filing on this

Looking in to the e-files and The Kupa seems to be the best price wise for sure. The Y99 is like $800!?!?! That I just can not go for when just starting out. Now the only question is what Kupa to go with? The Mini is only 17,000 RPM. I am thinking I saw to go for 30,000 rpm.

I Have a Mani Pro .. It is good... this is the second one tho.... the first didnt last much past 12 months... I am sure this was my fault as i was carrying it to and from the salon when i was working from salon and home. So the connections took a right belting really.
I have been far more careful with the second one and it is still going well.

When this one dies *touches wood*... I will buy the YN-99... it is soooooo smooth and quiet and there are no knobs, etc to get caught on anything.. the hand peice has a nine pin plug in sturdy plug , Mani Pro has a single thin bendy plug and once it starts to get loose u loose power.. the connection becomes painful whilst working.
YN offers wonderful training with their e files..... I am a CND tech...
YN offers payment plans with their E files too.... look into it because i think it is something like $36 a fortnight rent to own and 100% tax duc. ( aust anyway)
I hope that has been of some use to you
x Mel

Latest posts

Back