EDGE shape

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NailsByAgnes

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

did you see this new shape of nails called EDGE?
i was really intrigued and tried to one set for myself? have u got and experience?

this is how it looks:

Êàê ÿ äåëàëà "EDGE" - Nail Club

and this is what i made...

egde1wu1.jpg

edgehb6.jpg

Last edited:
this looks like fun to try, thanks for sharing the link with us.

I think I'm quite liking this shape, I will have to give it a go. Thanks hun..x

Very unusual!
I wastrying to find other nails on the site you shared and came up with this thread. Ïîøàãîâûå ìàñòåð-êëàññû - Nail Club Four pages of beautiful step by steps. Unfortunately you can only see th pictures that are there. In order to see the ones where there is just a link you have to be a member of the site. I would join, but all the instructions are in Russian. :rolleyes: However, there is plenty of beautiful work to look at without these linked images.

Well I prefer this shape to those ghastly 'fan' things but am intrigued as to why we have to go weird ... are we so bored doing beautiful looking nails that we have to get weird shaped in order to stay interested?

They don't float my boat. If I saw these I would still think they looked freaky! In these troubled times, I don't think offering this shape is going to get anyone any more business. But I am expressing my own opinion and in so doing am not disrespecting anyone elses.

Not sold on the shape i'm afraid but your art work is to die for!

Well I prefer this shape to those ghastly 'fan' things but am intrigued as to why we have to go weird ... are we so bored doing beautiful looking nails that we have to get weird shaped in order to stay interested?

They don't float my boat. If I saw these I would still think they looked freaky! In these troubled times, I don't think offering this shape is going to get anyone any more business. But I am expressing my own opinion and in so doing am not disrespecting anyone elses.

well, i wouldnt be so sure .... i found loads of extra customers in girls from russia, poland, estonia, romania and latvia ... who were fed up of square nails offered in most salons in leeds- using tips only :(...
And yes- got more business! thanks to offering them big choice (stilettos, sculpted nails, camufflage, 3d nail artlic, colour acrylic)
Im willing to learn new things all the time and keep myself up-to- date in nail industry... and im happy that nail bussines is an art matter as well...

Dont get me wrong... i do do natural and white tips too...but real satisfaction give me work with more demanding customers... more!.. im more satisfied that i CAN offer them very wide choice...and so far didnt let any one down :)

One of the nail companies have been using this shape for a while now in one of their adverts (seen a few times in scratch now)
it just does not look right to me, when ever i see this shape i feel like taking a file to them lol
i wont even make a comment on the fan nails :eek:

it would be a funny old world and boring if we all liked the same things in life :hug:

well, i wouldnt be so sure .... i found loads of extra customers in girls from russia, poland, estonia, romania and latvia ... who were fed up of square nails offered in most salons in leeds- using tips only :(...
And yes- got more business! thanks to offering them big choice (stilettos, sculpted nails, camufflage, 3d nail artlic, colour acrylic)
Im willing to learn new things all the time and keep myself up-to- date in nail industry... and im happy that nail bussines is an art matter as well...

Dont get me wrong... i do do natural and white tips too...but real satisfaction give me work with more demanding customers... more!.. im more satisfied that i CAN offer them very wide choice...and so far didnt let any one down :)

great that you have such imaginative customers.i think you will go far with this attitude.
i think we can all benefit from trying new styles and techniques, its brilliant to set our selves a new challenge and awaken our creativity. it gives renewed vigour for your work and is always good for refining technique and product control.
last night i was soooo keen to try that new style, but really i wanted to wait for natural daylight as i can see detail so much better then. but i stayed on the nailclub website and browsed many of the gallery photos. what a fabulously creative site it is , the work is so imaginative and colourful , i really wish i could speak russian so i could join in with them and understand more.

the nail art is very nice, so is your work......

BUT ... (this isn't about you), it's about the "new" shape, it looks like an amateurs attempt at stilettos, or a stiletto gone wrong and is not flattering at all.

I just don't see the need to keep coming up with new shapes, which in my opinion don't add anything to our industry.

I wouldn't gain any business wearing this shape.:confused:

cant say i liked the shape. a bit weird to my mind.. I am agree with Geeg that regarding the form on nail tip it is clear. we have to be more creative in nail art and design. i think, more they look natural, the better it is.
well, that is just my opinion, sorry :rolleyes:

:)myself up-to- date in nail industry... and im happy that nail bussines is an art matter as well...

I have to say, I always wonder what 'loads' means!! :)

The girls from the countries you mention will pay for nail art as they are used to it and the techs from these countries do outstanding art ....
but the British will not pay the price for nail art on all 10 fingers. Unless you are prepared to do it cheap (not me) ... if you use the wonderful MINX you can offer nail art for all 10 nails at an affordable price.

It is one in a thousand who will pay what they should pay for nail art services in the UK.

Give the customer whatever they're willing to pay for! In time, it may come around to be more popular elsewhere and be in style like the stilettos one day

hmm... i acutally kinda like this shape! personally i HATE stilettos, i thnik they look like cat claws, and i dont think these look anything like them except that they come to a point, but i like the "A" frame look in that link, its interesting. maybe i wouldnt rock these on myself, but if i can offer even one more option to my clients (espeicaly one that wont cost anything for me to offer:)) then its worth it, even if i only ever have one person ask for it! IMO progression is never a bad thing, think about where we would be if we never welcomed change.

I must have really boring clients then LOL. I have only one client who wears any form of nail art and she has airbrushing on her natural nails.

All of my other clients want their nails to look as natural as possible, almost to not draw attention to them.

As to the stilletos being popular - I have never been asked for a stilleto.

hmm... i acutally kinda like this shape! personally i HATE stilettos, i thnik they look like cat claws, and i dont think these look anything like them except that they come to a point, but i like the "A" frame look in that link, its interesting. maybe i wouldnt rock these on myself, but if i can offer even one more option to my clients (espeicaly one that wont cost anything for me to offer:)) then its worth it, even if i only ever have one person ask for it! IMO progression is never a bad thing, think about where we would be if we never welcomed change.

I adore change and welcome with open arms new and innovative ideas AS LONG AS THEY ARE GOING TO IMPROVE MY SERVICE AND AS LONG AS IT IS NOT JUST CHANGE FOR THE SAKE OF CHANGE.

I think some of these impractical styles are not worth wasting my time to perfect. I know my market and I know I will never be asked for them as a regular service. If folks were clamouring for them trust me I would do them regardless of my own taste.

Hi there, for anyone who is interested here is a translate version of the "EDGE" nails. Translated version of http://www.nailclub.ru/forum/

I like the design, and i love new ideas, the shape is kinda funky (in a good way) but i dont think its a balanced nail structure.

Hi there, for anyone who is interested here is a translate version of the "EDGE" nails. Translated version of http://www.nailclub.ru/forum/

I like the design, and i love new ideas, the shape is kinda funky (in a good way) but i dont think its a balanced nail structure.

hmmmm, its english, but not as we know it:lol:
i think i'm more confused now !

it would be great if we had a russian speaking geek to help us.
i think theyre funky too, i'm gonna have a try if i get a chance.

I too must admit my clients want very natural enhancements. For many even soft white is not "soft" enough and so I blend a very natural free edge color for several of them. To be honest I have only a couple of clients that I "play" with their nails and really I do not have the extra time in my salon schedule to do more than that. In fact when we want to do something different I have to move them to the end of the day and that makes for a very long day in the salon. Really though I still enjoy taking someone who has never had beautiful nails and giving them what they have always wanted...lovely natural looking nails.

Anyway, what I am wondering is with all these different styles of nail shapes out there like the edge or fan; will exteneded wear of these styles cause onycholisis? (hope I spelled that correctly)

Also, I am not trying to squash anyone's creativity or discredit their work. I enjoy seeing what people can come up with when they let their imaginations run wild but I do wonder about the wearability of these different shapes.

Mastiffmom
CND Grand Master

Latest posts

Back