Eyelash perming and tinting- which order?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tog

Reaction score
One of my therapists carried out an eyelash perm today on a client who had recently had her eyelashes tinted at another salon. She said that as she removed the neutraliser at the end of the treatment some tint came off on the cotton wool. . . has anybody experienced this? it has never happened when the therapist has done an eyelash perm before.
Also, if a client wants tinting and perming, can you do them at the same appointment one after another, and if so which order should they be done?
Can anybody enlighten me? x

ps after being glued to the olympics I'm sure there will be a huge market for waxing all those athletes both male and female prior to the 2012 games over here . . . no-one seems to have any body hair apart from one of the synchronised divers who had hairy arms - anyone notice him?

hey there

I always do my perm and tint in the same appt and always do perming first as the lashes need to be as clean and dry as possible to perm them!

As for the tint coming off after doing perm thats never happend to me so sorry cant be much help there but would always perm then tint does everyone else agree? xx

I don't do many lash perms these days.... they seemed to have died a death in my salon... but when I did do them I always permed first then tinted afterwards, but at the same appointment.

On my course, I was told to perm first, then tint.

Which is what I do, with no problems.

hth's xx

Perming definatley first as with hairdressing, as perming does take some of the tint out of hair it is always done afterwards, then you do get the true colour and not a lightened colour.

with Thuya you can perm and tint in the same day, I think that is the only make that you can, I could be wrong:irked:

But defo perm first:hug:

I offer perm and tint as a package and will always perm first and tint second.

Perming definatley first as with hairdressing, as perming does take some of the tint out of hair it is always done afterwards, then you do get the true colour and not a lightened colour.

with Thuya you can perm and tint in the same day, I think that is the only make that you can, I could be wrong:irked:

I was trained with Hive who showed us to perm then tint on the same day.

I always use Thuya which has a perming and tinting kit you can use together. Always perm first then you can tint immediately after. You have to perm first as the tint may fade if you do it the other way round due to the nature of the perm solution. Ive never had any problems with these products or the results and have always followed this procedure x

I always perm first then tint as perm solution removes tint :lol:

Kath x

I was taught that you can perm and tint on the same day regardless of the brand. It doesn't have to be Thuya although they have made good advertising of it!!;)

Rebelrebel you are right about Thuya above.:hug:

I always use Thuya which has a perming and tinting kit you can use together. Always perm first then you can tint immediately after. You have to perm first as the tint may fade if you do it the other way round due to the nature of the perm solution. Ive never had any problems with these products or the results and have always followed this procedure x
I also use Thuya the treatment is called "Curl Up And Dye" pretty catchy:lol:
It works brilliantly:hug:

I also use Thuya the treatment is called "Curl Up And Dye" pretty catchy:lol:

I love that name, it's great!! I was always taught to perm then tint xx

I was taught that you can perm and tint on the same day regardless of the brand. It doesn't have to be Thuya although they have made good advertising of it!!;)

I really would check the manufacterers instructions on each particular brand, personally I wouldn't risk doing both on the same day unless I was utterly 110% sure it was safe to do so :(

Please please read all the info first, sometimes it can be dangerous to just go on what people say, the eyes are such an important part of us, don't risk anything.

In the Salon System perm kit, the instructions say that no other eye treatments are to be carried out within 24 hours.

i was advised under no circumstances should u tint and perm on the same day

Sam

I really would check the manufacterers instructions on each particular brand, personally I wouldn't risk doing both on the same day unless I was utterly 110% sure it was safe to do so :(

Please please read all the info first, sometimes it can be dangerous to just go on what people say, the eyes are such an important part of us, don't risk anything.

I agree with this.

Every brand is different so unless you have been told on the product training or if it states on the packaging that you can perm and tint on the same day then I wouldn't do it.

I also use Thuya and on the training was advised that they were one of the only brands that you can do both together.

I agree with this.

I also use Thuya and on the training was advised that they were one of the only brands that you can do both together.

same here... i now use Thuya for this reason

Well I re-read all the instructions with the perm and tint kits I have and it is definitely ok and it isn't Thuya. Good job really as I did a perm and tint today!!

Latest posts

Back