Eyelash tinting black or blue/black?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aerobicschick

Reaction score
Hi guys this is my first post!!

I wanted to ask some advice about eyelash tinting and what colour to use.

What would you say is the difference betweeen blue/black and black?
I know black is matt but is it darker than blue black? and does it show up more than the blue black?

At college we were told we should only ever use matte black on older people and younger people suit blue/black as it is shinier. I had a client tonight who wanted really black lashes. I went for the blueblack as she is young but wonder if I chose the right one!!

Thank you :)

The lady who does my lashes recommends mixing the two together - I think it's something along the lines of the blue/black lasting longer on the lashes, but the black giving a darker colour - so you get the best of both worlds...

i always do blue black (mix) its lovely x

Blue/Black nearly always for me too

Me too, i am a red head so they look lovely when they are done blue/black on me.

9 times out 10 I use blue black. To me that just gives a slightly bolder colour than just black.

I was taught that blue / black is the darkest, as it's more of a raven black. Being the darkest makes it the most popular choice.

I was taught that blue / black is the darkest, as it's more of a raven black. Being the darkest makes it the most popular choice.

Oh yes definitely! I like getting mine done as dark as is physically possible!

defently darker so blue/black for me too:)

Blue/Black definitely gives a much deeper colour than just black and it does look fantastic.

the blue/black tint is always the darkest colour for me =)

Blue black is a more intense colour, if you know what I mean, it seems to last better than black and looks fab on people with blue eyes. I use just black on people who prefer a slightly more natural shade of black.

I don't really make the decision based on the age of the client, but more on the effect that they want. If an older person wants a more striking look, then I do blue black, same as if a younger person wants a more natural look, I'll do black or brown/black.

I always ask my clients, if they just want their eyelashes black, but naturally black I go for just black tint, but when they ask for prominent results I choose blue black. My personal prefference is blue black for sure, it gives much darker shade of black

My blue/black is very blue looking so I add some black to this as well, I get a gorgeous deep colour on my clients eyelashes... and I am sure its because I add a touch more black.... but I could be wrong lol!

blue black defenitly!!

Hiya,

Blue Blk
If you have a colour wheel, take a look at the primarie colours, what colours makes black?
Primaries Colours Red/Yellow/Blue all go as equal amounts to make black
(If the 3 primaries are mixed in unequal amounts they will create BROWNS.
It varies with what amount is used in the initial mix..more Red..Brownish Red/more Blue..Darker Brown/more Yellow..Light Brown.

Blue is a primarie colour and has some black in it to create this cool colour blue.

So Blue primarie and black equal twice the strength..Thus creating, better stronger colour density

Good Luck

jen x

Last edited:
I find that blue/black can be very blue so i do tend to mix black too, that way you get the deepest darkest lashes possible! Most of my older eyelash tinting clients have been having them done for years and still want really dark lashes, so its best just to ask your client before hand to see how intense they want there lashes to be. But i find people that are coming in for there lashes to be tinted anyway do want them dark!

Ok great thanks so much for all your answers. So can i just ask now in what situation would you use just the black on its own? for someone who wants a more subtle look?

Hi:)

I was always taught that blue/black gives a much more bolder end result.
So ask the client what look they are after. If a subtle look is desired then I would go for the black. If a more striking result is wanted then go for the blue/black.
Can I just say a huge welcome to the site aswell, Im sure you will find it a great site for lots of info:)

Thanks so much for all your help xx

Latest posts

Back