Ez flow vs CDN

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it may come as a suprise (not!) that i favour cnd!
i've played with lots of products over the last 17 yrs, & even thou ez-flow appear to have a more extensive range of powders, cnd supply a full range of primary & secondary colours, & glitter based powders.
along with black, white, soft white & clear etc, the colour wheel options are never ending.
i personally like the freedom of mixing from scratch.
the launch of the metro powders & most recently flawless pink, the customising becomes easier.
the proof of the end product is how well you know how to use that product.
good education brings out the best skill of people using top quality products.
one thing i do know is that there is a lot of respect between the 2 companies.i.e. designer nails(u.k distributors of cnd) & ez-flow.
you've only got to look at the nails that anthony buckley produces to know that top end skill mixed with a great product will produce great results.
sometimes people are drawn to a brand because of the perceived "attitude" & "personality" .
as previously suggested, get a trial pack from both companies, however, you shouldn't make a decision with out receiving some education.
as i said, education of how to get the best from all products is the most important aspect of your choice.
liza

This I'm sure is going to be a really difficult decision for you and I hope I can help in some way.

After 3 years of doing nails I have been trained by NSI, Ezflow, and Creative. The weird thing is I now use Compition 3000 by OPI - HOW CRAZY!. My reason for this is because a nail tech friend who uses OPI did my nails and use to give me loads of extra help (shes been a tech for 14 years and has a very successful business) so before long it just felt better copying her way. I then found my enhancements were looking better and lasting much longer. However although my enhancements last well I'm not 100% happy with OPI customer service, and the colours of the OPI Competition pinks (on some customers they look too peachy for their skin tone).
Looking at all my experience with all nail companies I really feel Creative has the edge. The customer support is phenomenal and after Christmas I would like to go back and continue my education with them and if their enhancements can last as long as my OPI ones I will happily change all my customers over gradually.

I have been trained in one system, inhouse trained with another and bought another from a warheouse ... then found this site and after lots of reading and asking questions and meeting Creative trained technicians tried Creative by way of try me kits ... and boy did it turn out to be all I hoped it would :) Which is why I am doing 2 courses with Creative week after next and hope to do go on and do my Masters after that ... I have it all planned lol ... The care and attention I have received from Creative, Mr and Mrs Geek and Gigi, is outstanding ... they have the X-Factor :) For the first time I have ambition and I believe I can achieve my goals with Creative.

I am not knocking any other company here because I have always enjoyed my training and have utmost respect for those people who do a fantastic job .. but I just wasnt 100% happy with the product that I was using ... All the people from Creative that I have spoken to have taken the time and effort to help with my questions and have been so helpful in my quest :)

Jo xx

i am due to go on the foundation training course with cnd in october!! should i do a quick swap??

As I said earlier, I trained with CND and cannot fault their training at all, I just prefer to use Ez Flow products these days. If you're booked on a course with CND, then I'd stick with it, you can't go wrong with their training!

Karren said:
hi

i have trained with and use Creative Nail Design products which i love. I also use the EZ Flow Boogie Nights Glitter Powders which work very well with CDN Retention +.

kx
I'm confused, I've got the Boogie Nights Glitter Powders, & was hoping I could use them with liquid from another company, but I have read threads where people say you should NEVER mix products from different companies.

Someone set me straight on this, can I or can't I mix products?

rachie said:
i am due to go on the foundation training course with cnd in october!! should i do a quick swap??
although i am not cnd trained personally i would stick with the foundation course you have allready booked.....cnd is at the top end of the nail industry and products.. as is ezflow.
you would be silly to cancell.
i have never heard any bad words about cnd training.

cheers guys i will stay put then x

You only have to do a search and find out which system most clients prefer. I think you will find it is CND.

Cathy

Teena_B said:
I'm confused, I've got the Boogie Nights Glitter Powders, & was hoping I could use them with liquid from another company, but I have read threads where people say you should NEVER mix products from different companies.

Someone set me straight on this, can I or can't I mix products?

you can use the boogie nights powders with any traditional monomer
altho you will get the optimum results from using ezflows q monomer (this is now supplied in the boogie nights and coloured acrylic kits as well a a sample of tips and forms etc...)

Jess
xox

cuticles said:
You only have to do a search and find out which system most clients prefer. I think you will find it is CND.

Cathy
I have trained with loads of companies and there products, but if you produce perfect nails with your chosen system and do not get any problems and they allways look as new after rebalnces, how will the client know if you are using CND, E Z Flow, Star, Odyssey, NSI, OPI, Nailorder or any other company. Yes you need to use an excellent product, but isnt the product only as good as the technician?

If you have a really really bad tech who uses CND (and i have seen loads of clients that have had enhancements done in other salons and the technician used CND and their nails were dreadfull), then would that be that CND are inferior ........No it means the technician needs more training.

Look at training and what back up you get from companies!!

HTH

Amanda

good point :green:
food for thought

Lily said:
I have trained with loads of companies and there products, but if you produce perfect nails with your chosen system and do not get any problems and they allways look as new after rebalnces, how will the client know if you are using CND, E Z Flow, Star, Odyssey, NSI, OPI, Nailorder or any other company. Yes you need to use an excellent product, but isnt the product only as good as the technician?Amanda
I think this is too simplistic as your assumption is that all products used correctly and by a great technician will stay looking beautiful and have no problems with lifting etc.

We all know that this is not true and not all products last the same or look the same. Some bond differently and lift more easily. Some yellow very quickly and become brittle with age. Not all are beautiful to look at. Some products are very simple chemistry and some are very complex.
So I do not agree that a product is only as good as the technician using it. You can be a good technician with a product that lets your good work down very badly. It is wise when starting out to choose carefully the product line you go with and the training.

Not every would be nail technician has talent. Some will never make it no matter how good the training. They won't last long in the business either if they are not doing excellent work.

Only use CND monomers with CND polymers. It is impossible to make a polymer that cures all liquids and vice a versa.
If the bottle says 'only use with brand x powders/polymers' and you go outside those bounds... you can be held negligent in court if the client experiences an allergic reaction.

Hope this helps!

I started out using CND but, was intrigued initially by EZFlow's colored powders. I just used one bottle of Q that I had gotten months ago. It is wonderful!! Low odor and very easy to use, I now have a new favorite monomer. It is also not very pricey and quite comparable to CND (hence the thread, huh?). I still prefer CND's Intense Pink toned down with a little clear and reg. pink so, I do a lot of product mixing for my end result. I offer a variety of services and tend to use a few different companies to get my end result.

The Nail Geek said:
Only use CND monomers with CND polymers. It is impossible to make a polymer that cures all liquids and vice a versa.
If the bottle says 'only use with brand x powders/polymers' and you go outside those bounds... you can be held negligent in court if the client experiences an allergic reaction.

Hope this helps!
I have messed about mixing brands (ages ago), but as GMG says its not worth it, if a client has a reaction and you are going against manufacturers instructions, then as the saying goes "where's there a blame, there's a claim"

if you want to try different brands then ask for samples and only use brand x with brand x

Amanda

Latest posts

Back