Ez flow vs CDN

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailfairy

Reaction score
Quite interested on everyones thoughts about the two companies as i want to convert from Millennium nails andthese two seem to be the most popular. Am i right in thinking EZ flow is Grafton?? or am i having a blonde moment!!! lol
Heard CDNs retention is great for peeps who have probs with lifting and was wondering wether people who use Ez are happy with the support etc.. from the company. Need to know prices for start up kits etc.. Thanx gals any info greatly recieved

P.s Can all techs use Ez flow or do you have to do a conversion as with CDN

HI,
I use EZ Flow and have been very happy with it. It is easy to use and also you have many colours and glitter powders to choose from ( you can let your imagination go wild!!!!). I would say do a conversion course so that you get to know the mix ratio etc right and how they suggest how you use their products. As for support they are brilliant. They are always there to help in any way they can.

I would say both companies are good in every way, for products, service and prices. i know that training with EZ Flow is dearer than CND, but then i prefered EZ Flow product wise for me so went with them. You don't have to do a conversion YET with EZ Flow but you will have to soon.

Get a try me kit from both companies and then see how you get on. I would also look at how easy it is to get to training places so you are close to a centre. I am prepared to travel a fair way so its really personal preference.

Good luck in what you choose, either company is a good one. I'd say you can't go wrong with either of them.

nailfairy said:
Quite interested on everyones thoughts about the two companies as i want to convert from Millennium nails andthese two seem to be the most popular. Am i right in thinking EZ flow is Grafton?? or am i having a blonde moment!!! lol
Hun its distributed by California Nails...HQ is in Bolton... hth

nailfairy said:
Heard CDNs retention is great for peeps who have probs with lifting and was wondering wether people who use Ez are happy with the support etc.. from the company. Need to know prices for start up kits etc.. Thanx gals any info greatly recieved

P.s Can all techs use Ez flow or do you have to do a conversion as with CDN
i have used both cnd and ezflow
they are both top quality products/companies
i dont wanna appear bias but i like ezflow better simple as that- i like what i can do with it and the results i get form a product i love to use
ezflow were the first company to offer something different like glitter and coloured acrylic-you notice how everyone has suddenly started to follow...lol
you can buy ezflow products with out doing a conversion but it is recommended as not every ones acrylic works the same for instance ezflows powders with q monomer set in approx 6-7 mins which is longer than cnd which (please correct me if im wrong) is approx 3 mins and like Liz said the liquid to powder ratios differ
EzFlow is distributed by California Nails in the uk (Grafton only Import the product and work together with Cal Nails) like fab freak said they are based in Bolton, lancs
California Nails tel no. 01204 412 001 or the website www.californianails.com
sorry i dont know designer nails no. with out looking it up but im sure others on the board will be able to help on that front
if i can help on the ezflow front please just send me a pm and i'll do my best to answers your questions

Jess
xox

I have used both systems and have had training with both EZ Flow and CND Educators.

In my final analysis I have stuck with EZ Flow due to workability of the product and the beauty and clarity of the colours (pink and white) and the choice of ready mixed glitters and powders.

hi

i have trained with and use Creative Nail Design products which i love. I also use the EZ Flow Boogie Nights Glitter Powders which work very well with CDN Retention +. I've yet to try EZ Flow monomer and other powders so cannot comment on them.

Have you tried using the search options on here for previous comments regarding these and other companies ?? just click on search and type in either company .... happy reading hun !

Also, you can always give CND in Leeds a tinkle on 0113 275 5719 with any questions you have regarding their products services or training they are extremely helpful, i should know i ring them often !

Im not sure that im helping very much as previous geeks have said CND and EZ Flow are a couple of very highly regarded companies in the Nail Industry so you have a tough decision to make !

Hope i havent confused you further

kx

icon14.gif
Awe i love Ezflow Acrylics, I'm such a fan of the colored powders, I've been hooked for 18 months now and they continue to fascinate me and feed my artistic thurst for more knowledge to offer something diffrent and unusual.

Hi there
Ezflow is more forgiving and easier to work with
Deb379

It's Ez Flow for me too. I trained initially with CND then (as you do!) fiddled around to see what else was out there on the market and came across Ez Flow - I love it. I'm a BIG fan of their Boogie Nights powders and tend to wear these most of the time.....they get my nails noticed all the time - I had people fighting over my last business card in the take-away the other night! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I also love using their colour drops (which are added to monmer) which enable you to slightly change any of their powders giving even more possibilities when it comes to colour and design. Sadly, I've been told these are being discontinued. :cry:

The pink & white are great too, it's just I don't wear them that often on myself....... I am determined to grow old 'disgracefully' with multi-coloured fingernails! :Scared:

Here's a pic of my latest 'Boogie Nights' (only worn this long cos I was doing demo's at the Pro Beauty show here in Dublin) - I also tend to airbrush over them too which add's a little extra to them.

Boogie Nights Rock!!!

Attachments

• Boogie Fever and Dynomite 5.jpg
    Boogie Fever and Dynomite 5.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 230
  • Boogie Fever and Dynomite 6.jpg
    Boogie Fever and Dynomite 6.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 204
wow jackie they are absolutely stunning.......
i allways tend to wear boogie nights tips instead of pink and whites they tend to get noticed more.....they advertise themselves

Hi Nailfairy,

I have read through this thread and I think you have a difficult decision as I think you have narrowed it down to two of the best companies out there. I think it might come down to a couple of things:

1. Logistics - who does training within the easiest reach of you.

2. Without doing down EZ Flow as I would not like to - the thing that comes out most from the posters on here is that they use EZF because of the Boogie Nights. Personally I don't have a market for glitter nails no matter how often I wear them LOL. Would you have a market for glitters or more subdued nails?

I am a Creative gal - I wasn't always - I started there then had a sabatical elsewhere but came back.

Good luck with your choice - let us know what you choose and why? Either would be a great choice!

i haven't used ezflow so cannot comment on their system or the Boogie Nights...but i do know that i have a wide range of colours and glitters etc available with creative. I love making my own recipes (some great, some not so great!). I store them in the little black camera film pots, label them up with the ratios and colours. I have been thrilled with the training and ON GOING support i get from creative, the training doesn't stop after the foundation...

geeg said:
http://www.thenailgeek.com/showthread.php?t=7084

Have a look at the poll. The answers on this thread do not reflect the actual findings of the poll that was condcted on the site.
I don't really think that we can call the poll representative of the users of the site as out of 3000+ members only 86 have voted (2.8%)...a poor turn out (even in recent local council election terms!) ;)

I agree .... and this thread is even a poorer turnout at 14.

oh well... I love both.. can't really say which one i prefer... both suit different purposes... both fabulous... so if someone makes a decision to use either one of these brands... its a good one... there are so many .. shall i say "inferior" products out on the market.. to use one or the other or both will only increase the standard of techs out there... providing the correct training is sought... last time i felt this torn was in the 80's when i could not decide who i liked most.. duran duran or depeche mode.... tough question for me... ez flow or cnd....chips of roast potatoes....

The average poll garners around about 100 votes. The longer they have been on, the more they creep up... but to be honest not too quickly.

Who knows why, but many simply don't vote as many don't ever read the threads once they get buried. ooo. Hey, maybe a forum for all the polls! That would surely get more respondents!

Anyway... back on topic.

I have used damn near everything else out there... but always ended up with CND as it has never given me anything other than superb results and has alway exceeded my expectations.

Last marketing research I saw pointed toward CND being used 3x more than EZflow in L&P applications which interestingly enough, the poll in mention illustrates.

CND and EZFlow have great reputations and large followings... You may want to look into the issue on more levels than simply throwing a fishing net out to see how many EZFlow vs CND users bite. ;)

In the end, the poll on this site and the number of replies to this thread really only apply to the users of the site when the thread is highly visible. There are many successful users of both brands and for many varying reasons.

Hope this helps!

The Nail Geek said:
Who knows why, but many simply don't vote as many don't ever read the threads once they get buried. ooo. Hey, maybe a forum for all the polls! That would surely get more respondents!

thats a top idea Sam, i like polls....im easily pleased :lol:

just noticed the time of the post, man, you were up early.....i was still in the land of nod!!!! :zzz:

Jess
xox

ps sorry if thats totally of the subject of the post- but ive said my wee bit already;)

Dont think it was a case of myself throwing a line out and seeing how many readers bite...!!More a case of trying to make an informed choice based on others experiences of the two systems!!!!

Latest posts

Back