facial skin care range!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you do a search on Priadara I think a few people didn't like the smell ... but I've not used it so can't speak from first hand experience!
I personally couldn't stand the smell of Priadara,it wasn't nice at all and felt heavy on my skin.They give an excellent customer service though and were the quickest to send samples and gave the most.Just a shame I didn't like the products.

Now you see this is where personal preference also comes because I cannot stand the smell of many of the Eve Taylor products as I hate lavender and I can smell it in almost all of the samples I have tried.
so whilst it may be good, for me I just couldn't use it unless I can overcome my hatred for lavender.

Now you see this is where personal preference also comes because I cannot stand the smell of many of the Eve Taylor products as I hate lavender and I can smell it in almost all of the samples I have tried.
so whilst it may be good, for me I just couldn't use it unless I can overcome my hatred for lavender.
Mmmm,interesting, a lot of the products do contain lavender but I dont find it too much.I love their products and the results on the skin after carrying out a facial.

I wouldn't ever buy a lavender perfume because I'm not particularly keen on it on it's own but I find that the blend of different oils is perfect for me,not too overpowering at all.I love the whole Eve Taylor concept but then I'm big on aromatherapy type facials.

You must have a very sensitive nose Jo as havn't heard anyone say this before,lol:green:

thank. the comments and replies i am reciveing is brill. i am particulalry drawn to eve taylor as i feel there whole ethic is very holistic based which is where i originated in my training. i feel the priadara range may be good for the whole holistic principle.

cheers again!!

Mmmm,interesting, a lot of the products do contain lavender but I dont find it too much.I love their products and the results on the skin after carrying out a facial.

I wouldn't ever buy a lavender perfume because I'm not particularly keen on it on it's own but I find that the blend of different oils is perfect for me,not too overpowering at all.I love the whole Eve Taylor concept but then I'm big on aromatherapy type facials.

You must have a very sensitive nose Jo as havn't heard anyone say this before,lol:green:

Ha, ha Babs. Yup, although I am as blind as a bat, deaf in one ear, I have the nose of a bloodhound!

Do some research on Cosmeceuticals, they are the agents for MD formulations, similar concept to Dermalogica but some more effective products, and I.D. bare minerals make-up. One of the reps will come out to you, they do some good start up packages too. You'll definately see good results with them.

Welcome to Cosmeceuticals Ltd - Professional Skincare Science

Hi, where I work, we use Decleor Paris and Dermalogica. Decleor is the best facial products I have ever worked with, their facials are lovely. I thought they might be good for you because they are aromatherapy products too, they are made with essential oils. The only thing is you need training to use them, Im not sure on the cost, and I think your salon needs a shower and some other facilities.

Natural Elements by esentially yours are excellent. 100% organic , no parabens, pesticides or chemicals. Smells lush. Very very reasonably priced. I found them at a holistic trade fair (donnington) last year and think they are the best.
xx

I use Priadara in my salon (I'm self-employed). I think it's really good value for money. It's quite cheap to start up too - you can get the retail and salon starter packs for about £500 and you won't need to buy anything else, you really do get evereything you need. I know some people find the smell a bit odd. The products smell less sweet than others because they use purely essential oils, with no artificial fragrances at all. All my clients love the products and the facials. I'm doing about five times more facials than I used to - and I was using Dermalogica - and the retail products are flying off the shelves. I've been using the range since about September and I've already had to reorder four times. When I got the samples with the info pack I gave them to some clients I knew would give me honest feedback. Without exception they loved them. I definitely think you should try them.
Good luck with whichever range you choose!

I use Priadara in my salon (I'm self-employed). I think it's really good value for money. It's quite cheap to start up too - you can get the retail and salon starter packs for about £500 and you won't need to buy anything else, you really do get evereything you need. I know some people find the smell a bit odd. The products smell less sweet than others because they use purely essential oils, with no artificial fragrances at all. All my clients love the products and the facials. I'm doing about five times more facials than I used to - and I was using Dermalogica - and the retail products are flying off the shelves. I've been using the range since about September and I've already had to reorder four times. When I got the samples with the info pack I gave them to some clients I knew would give me honest feedback. Without exception they loved them. I definitely think you should try them.
Good luck with whichever range you choose!
Eve Taylor use pure essential oils with no artifical fragrances and smell nothing like Priadara,sorry hun but I along with many others do not like this product,not only the smell but the feel on the skin as well.

I tried Priadara out when looking for a facial range for my business and it was not for me or for any of the people that I gave samples to.

Glad you seem to be doing okay with it though.Better than Dermalogica too you must be doing well!!!

It seems to me that your really doing your homework on all of this. That's great... keep up the good work...

We were in your situation when we opened our Salon back at the end of 2004.

We looked at all the major players and it ended up between Nimue or Dermalogica. We decided to go with Nimue. Our reasons? there were several:
  1. At the time they were new to the UK market place and gaining massive amounts of ground in a short period.
  2. Because most other skin brands are following in their footsteps. Did you know that Nimue were the first to introduce AHA into facial treatments with breakthrough results?
  3. The poduct packaging is second to NONE and it just has that 'buy me' look to it. After all, when your asking someone to hand over almost £25.00 for a cleansing gel, it has to look good as well as be functional.
  4. The Nimue UK Team. Wouldn't meet a nicer, more helpful group of individuals.
  5. The marketplace has become flooded with other brands, i.e. Dermalogica, Decleor, etc..... You could quite easily end up in a price war with several local salons offering the same product. If you've got something different, then price wars don't happen.
  6. They don't sell to every Salon near you either. I think you get a certain distance around you to be competitor free. We have approx 5-6 Salons within a 2-3 mile area using Dermalogica.
  7. On-site Training. We couldn't afford to have our Therapist out for days on end. Refresher and new cousres available too.
This was just some of the reasons why we decided to go with Nimue. We couldn't afford it to begin with. So we waited, about 4 months I think, until we had enough. I think I'm right in saying that you can spread the cost out over a period of time.
Some people are say that it's more of a treatment than a facial. We have our three specific treatment facials. We also have a Nimue 'Pamper' facial that we offer, for those clients looking for this sort of thing. I can tell you now that we perform more treatment facials than the Pamper ones.......

Hope this helps.......

Hubby, thanks a very informative, well thought out decision made by you and your salon. Unfotunately for me Nimue was a no go because of my proximity (1.5 miles) away from a salon already using Nimue.

It is very difficult to judge a product purely on one demo and not using the products for a length of time on yourself. In my opinion you have to use it to see the results and then you can truly sell your product as you will truly believe in it!

Iam currently using skin truth and want to change to Eve Taylor Ive had some samples and they all smell and feel great only problem is Im not sure if they have an eye cream.

Iam currently using skin truth and want to change to Eve Taylor Ive had some samples and they all smell and feel great only problem is Im not sure if they have an eye cream.
They have a soothing eye gel,which revitalises and refines tired eyes.HTH

I have spoken with Susan Molyneux today and their start up package without retail is very reasonable (if anyone interested pm me for price) - don't want to post.

They are sending me some sample too, but with my hatred for lavender I am hoping SMs isn't as lavendery as Eve Taylors.

Will let you know how I get on.

I have spoken with Susan Molyneux today and their start up package without retail is very reasonable (if anyone interested pm me for price) - don't want to post.

They are sending me some sample too, but with my hatred for lavender I am hoping SMs isn't as lavendery as Eve Taylors.

I used Susan Molyneux at college and from what i can remember there isn't much lavender, but i believe they require minimum £60 spend for re-orders so if you want to call up for one or two items its a no go.

Do you like aromatherapy type ranges ? I really liked the Eve Taylor products i used, found them to be quite citrusy can't recall lavender but then i don't mind the smell.

Why would you think Susan M might smell overly of Lavender Joe?

How many samples did you actually smell of Eve Taylor's.?

I think maybe you should try a few more of their products because they really dont all smell the same,believe me.

hi to all

many thanks for the response. i have contacted eve taylor and i am attedning a product knowledge day at there head quarters in peterborough at the end of the month. i ahve also received info from germaine de capuccini range and i sent off and geot very promt info regarding the nimue range that was recommended. now i just have to see what they all about and decide. i will kepp all fellow geekers updated!

thanks
em xx:lol:

I really like eve taylor because i am an aromatherapist and they compliment what i do.I always personally blend my own facial massage oils so if i were to use a brand that smelt of synthetic perfume the facial treatment wouldn't flow.Eve taylor is a very renowned aromatherapist so her products are all essential oil based , the smells are what some therapists maybe unfamiliar with and also clients.They are real herbs and flowers etc not synthetic therefore the products are also very effective.

Why would you think Susan M might smell overly of Lavender Joe?

How many samples did you actually smell of Eve Taylor's.?

I think maybe you should try a few more of their products because they really dont all smell the same,believe me.

I got my samples of the SM dry/sensitive skin type today and have tried them for the first time this evening. Now the SM are not that lavendery although the very nice lady at SM thought that I might not like them because of that. I will try these over the next few days to see how I go with them but I think I may need the SM renu as I am of the more mature type so this maybe better.

Answering you question to Eve Ts products (didn't want to put ET - alien skin care - LOL). When I went to Beauty North at GMex I bombarded the poor man on the ET stand and asked to smell absolutely everything they had and to be honest I seemed to smell lavender in everything and quite strongly and as I said before - nose of a blood hound. (Now going off on another tack that reminds me of the Arabian Knights cartoon on Banana Splits when I was a kid).

Sorry a little digression there.

Latest posts

Back