Feedback on nails please....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CGritt

Reaction score
Hi guys,

i was wondering if any of you would be kind enough to give me some feedback on the nails on my website.

I provide the acrylic and themed nails where as my business partner provides the gel nails....

Really would like feedback mainly on the gels if possible?

Please help

Thanks

www.gemininailsandtan.weebly.com

The nail art is fab!! Some of your nails are perfect like the stiletto nail but others are a but fan shaped and could do with a bit more refining on ends.

Thanks for the reply hunn, been trying to keep an eye on my fanning as i call it for ages, think i am improving :)

Can i be really cheeky tho and ask what everyone thinks of the gels though??

Other than the fanning ( couple of extra swipes with the file would sort that no problem :D), I would say just to keep an eye on your smile line placement - a couple of them appear too far down the nail bed which makes the nails and fingers look stumpy. Couple of the gels look a tad thick also hun but I don't work with gels so can't really comment further on them.

your design ideas are fab though and your ideas for setting the photographs up with backgrounds and stuff are lovely too :D xxx

Practically all of the gel nails and a few of the acrylic nails have very short nail beds and so the smile line needs to be placed further up the nail (using an opaque powder to hide the short beds). As also said, at least one of the gel nails looks pretty thick and some are also fan shaped.
Hope that helps
x

Again the gel are a bit fan. Has Said the smile line placement too low on some. Also a bit thick on on odd ones. I'm new to gel and seem to find these harder to master at minute to acrylic.

thanks guys for all the advice, it's greatly appreciated :)

Love the stiletto ones hun x I would be over the moon if I was that customer x

Yes I think the acrylics look fab, the gels like the other ladies have said the smile lines a too low the 2/3 pink 1/3 White Is nearly 1/2 and 1/2.
Xx

what a great site! I just made my own thanks for the link. And Love your work :)

I think you have some nice nails and some not so nice ones (sorry).
The L+P ones that are referred to as stiletto are more of an almond shape IMO, they're the best set of nails I think :D
I'd love to see the last L+P nail (black free edge) with a clearer photo, it looks really good but can't see it properly enough to comment on it.
Some are unbalanced with way too much free edge colour and not enough nail bed (as mentioned before).
You really need to use less product on the L+P nails (they look a bit bulbous in places).

My personal advice would be to practice on your pink and whites before doing the nail art, get the balance right, the sidewalls taken in and zone 3 refined. Once you've got that sorted I think you'll be turning out some great nails :D

Hope that helps :hug:

Last edited:
what a great site! I just made my own thanks for the link. And Love your work :)

Hi just a little tip on what we did with the website:

We produced the information on microsoft powerpoint and uploaded them as photographs as that way you have more of a range of fonts/colours.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for all the feedback, am going to try a new set (on myself) today if i can decide what i want...hehe, i will be taking into account product amount, sidewalls (fanning......my difficulty).

You guys rock!! > great advice :)

Hi just a little tip on what we did with the website:

We produced the information on microsoft powerpoint and uploaded them as photographs as that way you have more of a range of fonts/colours.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for all the feedback, am going to try a new set (on myself) today if i can decide what i want...hehe, i will be taking into account product amount, sidewalls (fanning......my difficulty).

You guys rock!! > great advice :)

I just used the the basic ones they have since I am so bad with this stuff lol! Edge Nails  - Home

The acrylic nails are not too bad, I will agree with what's been said and say the fanning and balance on a few sets need to be looked at but over all, pretty good. I will totally agree, the almond shaped nails with the 3d flowers are the best set out of both the acrylic and gels, well done on those ones, they do look beautiful I must say:)

You asked for opinions on the gel nails, well I will be honest and say that there is not many sets there that I think I would be happy with as a client I'm sorry to say.
They all look like tips have been used, they have all be placed way too far back and look stumpy, they are all not even (different free edge lengths and shapes), some have the tips placed crooked and many have wrong sized tips being used (pic French Butterfly 2 especially on the thumb), many of them fan and looking at the line of light, the apex is not placed evenly across all nails and some are dippy and lumpy in places.
Had an cover powder been used to extend the nail beds, I think they would have all looked much better.
Some time needs to be spent doing some serious practicing to refine technique I think and the gel nails will improve greatly.
Sorry if this all sounds harsh but there's no point in not being truthful otherwise no improvements can be made.
To me, it looks like the person doing the gel nails could be very new to nails and just needs a load more practice.

The acrylic nails are not too bad, I will agree with what's been said and say the fanning and balance on a few sets need to be looked at but over all, pretty good. I will totally agree, the almond shaped nails with the 3d flowers are the best set out of both the acrylic and gels, well done on those ones, they do look beautiful I must say:)

You asked for opinions on the gel nails, well I will be honest and say that there is not many sets there that I think I would be happy with as a client I'm sorry to say.
They all look like tips have been used, they have all be placed way too far back and look stumpy, they are all not even (different free edge lengths and shapes), some have the tips placed crooked and many have wrong sized tips being used (pic French Butterfly 2 especially on the thumb), many of them fan and looking at the line of light, the apex is not placed evenly across all nails and some are dippy and lumpy in places.
Had an cover powder been used to extend the nail beds, I think they would have all looked much better.
Some time needs to be spent doing some serious practicing to refine technique I think and the gel nails will improve greatly.
Sorry if this all sounds harsh but there's no point in not being truthful otherwise no improvements can be made.
To me, it looks like the person doing the gel nails could be very new to nails and just needs a load more practice.

I agree 100% with you. The presentation is beautiful but I also think the person doing the gel nails needs practice. I would not be satisfied as a client if my nails looked like most of those gels. Sorry of that is harsh just my honest opinion.

The presentation is beautiful the nails are not..... you should practice your pink and whites before getting more adventurous practice practice practice. These nails should not be put on paying clients, you will get yourself a bad name esp the gels sorry to be harsh your design ideas are fab and with a bit more practice you will be brilliant.

The presentation is beautiful the nails are not..... you should practice your pink and whites before getting more adventurous practice practice practice. These nails should not be put on paying clients, you will get yourself a bad name esp the gels sorry to be harsh your design ideas are fab and with a bit more practice you will be brilliant.

Is this in relation to both acrylics & gels or just one?

Thanks for all the feedback guys, its greatly appreciated and will be taken on board.

I'm glad you can take the constructive criticism onboard and use it to better the quality of nails.

I am confused and curious about something though, the almond shaped acrylic nails.....were they done by you like all the others or where they done by someone else?
I don't mean to be nasty but I just don't understand how you can do one really nice set like this and all the rest are of less quality.
Once you are punching out a lovely set like those almond shaped ones, then all your sets should be the same standard, no matter what shape style is being done. You don't just do one set really great and all others not so great, it just seems odd to me and that's why I'm asking if someone else did this one set.
if this is the case and if you don't know the person who did them and you are passing them off as the salons work, then please take them off your website and do the right thing and even if you do know the person who did them and they are not one of you 2 who you say did all these sets, then you need to be honest and say it's not your salons work to avoid false advertising.
I hope you can see where I am coming from and that I mean no harm, it just seems really odd that's all.

Keep up the practice but not of any bad habits, only good quality sets and I'm sure you will get there.
Maybe the person who is doing the gel sets could do with some more training or one on one training to help them iron out some of the problems they are clearly having.
I agree with the previous comment about if you continue like this (especially with the gel sets) you do risk giving yourself a bad reputation and eventually not getting any return clients and you don't want that!
Maybe you could do your pricing to reflect that the salon techs are just starting/training??

I wish you well though, great to see you giving it a shot:Love:

It looks like you are using White tips, try the natural tips and use a White gel / l& p apply & create your smile line it gives a much softer natural look and you can control the amount of White ratio if you get what i mean! :)

Lovely nail art by the way!

Last edited:
I would agree with what Wooshka and others have said..

I think its really great you've posted though and have recieved some great feedback from the experienced professionals who've already given you advice :)

The almond shaped L+P are gorgeous..perhaps if this is a pic of your own work it's a more recent pic? In which time your technique has improved? If that is the case i would say take some new pics of your now improved work for the website :) x

Latest posts

Back