First attempt inverted nail application gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i am confused lol (doesn't take much) if product is set how does the tip come away?
would it still come away with acrylic? sorry for being dumb but this little geek confused!

clever cookie:hug:interested to hear how they last matey !

amb xxx

i am confused lol (doesn't take much) if product is set how does the tip come away?
would it still come away with acrylic? sorry for being dumb but this little geek confused!

Exactly the question I was wondering?? Thanks for sharing by the way:)

i think for gel, it would seperate relatively easily, because it does not stick well to a smooth surface.

i think you would have more difficulties with l/p acrylic though when using a regular tip for a mould as the acrylic chemicals sort of 'eat into' the plastic tip and bond with it much more readily than gel would.

definately worth an experiment though, it might work fine.

BRAVO TRICKY FOR HAVING A GO.:green:

Yes, well done for having a go and sharing. Not sure you could do this with L&P just with tips instead of moulds as I think it would stick fast but gel not so sticky on smooth surfaces.
Thanks xx

well done for trying!!! might give it a go! xx

I did wonder if a back to front tip would work........... and now I know!!
Did you cure zone 1 before applying Zs 2&3?

I will give it a go with L&P.
It should come away I would have thought? Forms release easy enough........

Thanks for sharing.

Here are a few more pictures you lot :lol:

Step 2 is just checking the pink will fit
ooooh I like that!
does the tip peel off ok after curing? Sorry if it sounds a daft question I am just trying to get my head round it, could be good for me as my smiles sometimes end up a bit like this :rolleyes:

Wow, I think this is very good !

I'm not too bad applying fancy NNO on my left hand, but am useless at doing it on my right hand :irked:

So this might just be the solution to my problem.

As for apexes, I think that is easily remedied by applying a layer of clear gel over your finished nail, turn nails upside down (palms facing up), wait for 30 secs, cure and voilà !

Marlise

Ooh looks good, dont really think I'll do it myself as it prob would take me longer as I'm so used to the old way but love having tips n tricks to pass onto students. Can see alot of techs trying it out - well done photos were very clear

does the pink not squish out from the sides of the tip and get on the skin...?

i did one of these the other day but didn't put it on a nail...i just did the white, cured...did the pink, cured and then picked the plastic tip off...(came off easier than i thought it would)...it did leave a perfect looking nail...i just need to try it on a real nail now....where Rob ...??...:lol:

thanks for this Tricky...the pics and everything must have took some time and i appreciate it. :hug: x

does the pink not squish out from the sides of the tip and get on the skin...?

i did one of these the other day but didn't put it on a nail...i just did the white, cured...did the pink, cured and then picked the plastic tip off...(came off easier than i thought it would)...it did leave a perfect looking nail...i just need to try it on a real nail now....where Rob ...??...:lol:

thanks for this Tricky...the pics and everything must have took some time and i appreciate it. :hug: x

Yes this will be the test i dont think the product touched the sidewalls and i also wizzed a scrubfreshed brush around the sidewalls and eponychium area so we will see

pictures took as long to take as the nail did to apply

your welcome x

Tried it with acrylic the other day, but i am really rubbish with that system so gave up to soon but yes it is possible. I have just been playing so why not just play yourself :)

Well I just tried this with L&P and it didn't work.... the acrylic stuck to the tip and I nearly ripped my OH nail off trying to get it off. Maybe I did it wrong?
It was worth it though to see him in so much pain....and he so wanted Nailgraphix glitter tips:lol::lol::lol:

Well done Tricky on being such an innovator!

The only thing I would be concerned about with eithe gel or L&P with this method is the risk of over exposure.

Re doing it with L&P - Would it perhaps be possible if there was the very lightest coating of solar oil before the application of product on the inside of the tip??

I'm curious to learn more.
BUT the issues of
A - an adequate apex
B- overexposure, how do you keep it from squishing out?

I dont know.. I'm thinking on it, and I would 'think' there'd be just as much faffing around because you have to match the tip and make sure you get the 'french' applied where it should be and keep lining it up with the finger WITHOUT touching the nail plate, to be sure you got it right...
Trying to work it out in my mind.
Don't misunderstand, I'm NOT being negative.
Just full of questions......

keep us posted please
:hug:

btw, it looks great!

Sorry to be so negative. It just seems like only one step removed from the Boots stick ons, except you're making the stick-on yourself, first. I wouldn't be happy offering that. Where is the advantage in doing it this way?

Sorry to be so negative. It just seems like only one step removed from the Boots stick ons, except you're making the stick-on yourself, first. I wouldn't be happy offering that. Where is the advantage in doing it this way?
I wouldn't be interested in offering this service either but it is still very interesting and very adventurous of Tricky x

Well I just tried this with L&P and it didn't work.... the acrylic stuck to the tip and I nearly ripped my OH nail off trying to get it off. Maybe I did it wrong?
It was worth it though to see him in so much pain....and he so wanted Nailgraphix glitter tips:lol::lol::lol:

You make me laugh!!

Well done Tricky on being such an innovator!

The only thing I would be concerned about with eithe gel or L&P with this method is the risk of over exposure.

Re doing it with L&P - Would it perhaps be possible if there was the very lightest coating of solar oil before the application of product on the inside of the tip??

Hmm, that's an interesting idea!!

well weather or not any of us are interested in doing it, Vicky deserves a slap on the back for giving it a go.

yes, i thought the l/p acrylic would stick to the tip, and i too had wondered if a smear of oil might assist in the release.

i guess that the proper moulds for doing this are made out of something that is resistant to the acrylic chemicals.

Latest posts

Back