First reverse technique using opaque

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gilly T

Reaction score
After receiving some fantastic help from a fellow geek (you know who you are) on the reverse application technique I have had my first try on myself.

I have used the new nsi purely pink masque in zone 2 and double dipped with clear in zone 3.

I've been reading a few threads recently about lower arches when doing this shape and I'll be perfectly honest, I've no idea if you should have one or not or even if I have one here!!! :lol: I just shaped it until it looked right..

There's another view from the side in my album...

Salon Geek

I can see some points for improvement myself but don't know if I'm being over or under critical of myself so please be brutal... I just want to know what can be improved and how.

Thanks geeks.... now sock it to me :)

Last edited:
Hi Hun,
Just love the nail. Wish mine were that nice. Would love to see the full set.
Well done, keep it up.
Lotsa luv x :hug: :hug: x

I've given you a 4 for each criteria... :D

It's a beautiful nail and I'd love to see a full set of them, well done :hug:

Gorgeous nail and gorgeous shape ... well done Gilly :hug: xx

You should be really proud of that one, Gilly. Well done, m'dear! :hug: xx

Gilly T said:
I can see some points for improvement myself but don't know if I'm being over or under critical of myself so please be brutal... I just want to know what can be improved and how.
Where do you think the nail needs to be improved?

Is it more a case of you seeing it at loads of different angles to the pics posted?

I'm thinking that you're like the rest of us and being overly critical of your work, which although is a good thing, can also be a bad thing because we're never satisfied :lol:

:hug:

I think it looks brilliant ! wishe i could see a whole set :)

Where do you think the nail needs to be improved? Well I think my smile line looses it's crispness just right of the centre as I capped the nail in clear but it was probably uneven and has caused this cloudyness. Also, I think my opaque application needs some work as I can see a cloudy line in it where the bead in zone 2 ends. I think my smile could have been a bit deeper too.

Is it more a case of you seeing it at loads of different angles to the pics posted? To be honest, I think it's more a case of not fully understanding what a lower arch should look like.

I'm thinking that you're like the rest of us and being overly critical of your work, which although is a good thing, can also be a bad thing because we're never satisfied :lol: I think you're probably right Sandi.. I think I'm aiming to produce the perfect nail everytime and don't feel confident on the paying public unless I can produce this for them. Possibly need to lower my standards then???? :|

:hug:

Thanks for this Sandi.. and everyone elses comments too :hug: I feel quite proud of it I guess for a first attempt.

But I'm sorry... I just can't handle doing a full set, that is unless I do 1 a day for the next week and a half :lol:

I think it looks great !!!! well done ....:hug:

Really lovely nail - just my type

Oval nails really do not have a lower arch if they are a true oval so don't stress about seeing one or not. Very nice nail by the way. I agree with your own critique of your work.

Last edited:
Thanks for this Sandi.. and everyone elses comments too :hug: I feel quite proud of it I guess for a first attempt.

But I'm sorry... I just can't handle doing a full set, that is unless I do 1 a day for the next week and a half :lol:

That's what I was considering doing, as I'm the same in not being able to face doing a whole set in one go :lol: or maybe 1 hand every other day?

Lovely nail, the smile line is great and the fading achieved with the double dip looks very good. I think opaque powders look so much better done like this.

Strangely enough I've just done one of my nails in this style. Mines a little shorter and the free edge a little more rounded. I just checked out the lower arch on mine and there is a small one so if I can get my camera to focus I'll post a piccie tomorrow for you to look at. Don't know if mine is right but there is definately a difference in the side view.

Cheers,
Hazel :hug:

Possibly need to lower my standards then????
Definitely not... :hug:
You need to accept that you won't be producing perfect sets of nails every time, however, your clients will look at them and think they're perfect. Providing you have structured the nail correctly and enhanced them to the best of your ability (with the canvas you've been given to work on) you'll do just fine :green:

Very nice nail Gilly. I love it.:hug:

Smile more smiley? probably, but it still looks good to me.
I have done what I think are really smiley smiles sometimes, only to find, one finished, they are not a bit as smiley as I first thought!

I think this nail is lovely and I do think that you are being too hard on yourself, half the battle is that you can see where you want to improve, not that you need to improve much at all on what you have done. :hug:

Thanks everyone for those great comments. Very helpful :)

I haven't had my nails done professionally very often in the past (maybe a couple of times only) so I don't really know what standard I should be producing. I guess it's a case of doing the best I can with the nail plates that the client has and understanding their their expectations won't be the same as mine.

I would love to experiment and do a full set of these on someone else though just to see the end result.

The more I have looked at it today, the more I really like it.

I'm a happy bunny. Thank you :hug:

I really like that. nice shape

Nice nail) well done for sharing with us))):hug:

these are really lovley I like them.

Latest posts

Back