FREE Photographic Nail Art Comp You Can All Enter!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Guild

Reaction score
To run alongside the Beautyguild Expo this Spring, we are running another great photographic nail competition. The competition is free to enter and there is no restriction on the number of entries per person.

The theme of the nail art competition is ‘Born In The USA’. The entry can be produced using any system and can be natural nails or tips. Entrants must complete one hand only on a live model. No nail trainers can be used, and no 3D art will be accepted. Embossed and encased designs are permitted.

Canes and gems can be used with in the design, and there are no restrictions on the number of times you can enter.

Our winner will receive a special Guild Trophy and we have two great prizes for our winner and runner up.

Sweet Squared are offering 10 Minx veneers and the Perfect Colour Bolds Collection by CND worth over £100.

OPI are giving away an Axxuium Coloured Gels Kit. The kit is worth £250 and includes:
  • Axxium 18 watt UV Gel Lamp
  • Axxium dark gels kit including – Russian Navy, I’m Not Really A Waitress, Brisbane Bronze, Big Apple Red, Cajun Shrimp & Lincoln Park After Dark Coloured Gels
  • Artist series Sable mini gel brush
  • 120ml NAS 99 Antiseptic Spray
  • Instructional DVD
  • Table top instructions
  • 15ml BondAid
  • 180 Grit EDGE file
  • 30ml Expert touch polish remover
  • 180 Grit FLEX file
  • 25 lint free wipes
The closing date for entries to be submitted is midnight on May 1st 2009, and all entries will be judged by a specially invited panel of industry experts, including Sylvia Johnson, Gigi Rouse and Louisa Winfield. Winners will be announced on May 8th 2009, and all entries will be displayed on the Beautyguild.com website. A full list of judges will be announced on the Beautyguild.com website.

To enter, you should submit a high quality photograph. All entries will be subject to blind judging, so photographs should not include any name or identification. All entrants and models should be aged 16 or over. All work should be original, and no copyright or watermarked images will be accepted.

The competition is free to enter, you do not have to be a Guild Member, and you can be a qualified nail technician or a student. This is an international competition, so entrants do not have to be based in the UK. 'Before' images are not necessary, we only need the image of the completed nails.

All entries must be submitted electronically by email or CD. The entry must be accompanied by your name, address, job title, email, phone number, and the name of the competition you are entering.

Entries should be emailed to [email protected], and the name of the competition you are entering should be included in the subject line. CD’s should be addressed to the name of the competition you are entering, and sent to Guild House, 320 Burton Road, Derby, DE23 6AF.

woooo count me in thanks x

I love the Guild comps,
my head is spinning with ideas, oh what to do first lol :hug:

wow, count me in to, got that many ideas i think my head might burst!!!

This sounds promising, I'm liking it so far!:)

Just thought I'd bump this up for those who haven't seen it yet.

Ooh, I'm excited. I've not entered a nail comp yet so I may make this one my first!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

My head is spinning too....with NO idea's lol...
I would like to enter though I like having something like this to focus on...

Right Thinking cap is On !!!!:eek:

My head is spinning too....with NO idea's lol...
I would like to enter though I like having something like this to focus on...

Right Thinking cap is On !!!!:eek:

I thought I was the only one with empty head syndrome! Thank God xx

Lol no hun you're not on your own,
Unfortunately I was born with it :(

My kids are currently drawing designs as they want me to enter.... I am sure they think I am vincent van gogh lol (sp?)

iv never entered competitions before, do all the fingers have to have the same nail art on them?
xx

iv never entered competitions before, do all the fingers have to have the same nail art on them?
xx

None they don't need to be the same on every finger, as long as they all follow the theme.

Gone on girls, let your imagination run riot and see what you come up with :)

Ooooooooooo i have lots of ideas already :)

I just need to find the time to enter lol. And someone's nails :wink2:

Ooooooooooo i have lots of ideas already :)

I just need to find the time to enter lol. And someone's nails :wink2:

I tried my idea and it failed big time,
i have no other ideas but you can borrow my nails if you want linz :hug:

I am going to give it a go too. Just need some inspiration now

I'm currently practicing on tips and it's going great ,every idea has worked out great

i want to think of something original but not as easy as i thought :rolleyes:

Just thought I'd give this one another bump for you all. We've had our first entry in!

Just thought I'd give this one another bump for you all. We've had our first entry in!

I think youre going to be busy very soon :lol::hug:

I take it, as it's Born in the USA, that rules out south america and Canada ?

I think youre going to be busy very soon :lol::hug:

I take it, as it's Born in the USA, that rules out south america and Canada ?

I hope so!

We're leaving the interpretation of the theme up to you.

Latest posts

Back